• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

The NIV is causing confusion over portions of the text, and the Bible states God is not the author of confusion.  

No it does not. I have never read the NIV and been confused. Though the KJV has at times confused me. Fortunately for me, I had the NIV around to clear things up. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

The solution NOW is    we need to test and see what JESUS we are following .    What I mean is

its evident some are not going to hear each other about bible versions .     So lets preach JESUS and HIS Sayings and see who follows WHO . 

this many do not like .  but its the only solution to this whole thing .    I mean as an example if I come preaching one JESUS

some one else comes preaching another  jesus,    we cant both be right .     The one who preaches JESUS and HIS sayings , HIS pattern

and the apostels pattern.   That is the one who is following THE JESUS of the bible .    SO,   its examination time.

How bout that approach .   

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

No it does not. I have never read the NIV and been confused. Though the KJV has at times confused me. Fortunately for me, I had the NIV around to clear things up. 

It causes confusion over what verses belong.

1 minute ago, Butero said:

It causes confusion over what verses belong.

That is like saying we should just keep an inferior translation so people are not confused over what verses belong.   

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The solution NOW is    we need to test and see what JESUS we are following .    What I mean is

its evident some are not going to hear each other about bible versions .     So lets preach JESUS and HIS Sayings and see who follows WHO . 

this many do not like .  but its the only solution to this whole thing .    I mean as an example if I come preaching one JESUS

some one else comes preaching another  jesus,    we cant both be right .     The one who preaches JESUS and HIS sayings , HIS pattern

and the apostels pattern.   That is the one who is following THE JESUS of the bible .    SO,   its examination time.

How bout that approach .   

How would we get everyone to agree on who is following Jesus the closest?

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The solution NOW is    we need to test and see what JESUS we are following .

Well I'm up for that. But how do we do that. Clearly everyone thinks they are following the right Jesus. 

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

That is like saying we should just keep an inferior translation so people are not confused over what verses belong.   

You have the inferior translation.  If you don't like the KJV, the Geneva Bible and NKJV are better than the NIV and don't leave verses out.

1 minute ago, Butero said:

How would we get everyone to agree on who is following Jesus the closest?

Just speak of His sayings  and see who says amen or who talks their way around some of His sayings.

I have learned that one who loves the LORD ,   simply obeys THE LORD and whoever they obey IS their master .

PREACH JESUS and see who comes against certain sayings or who just loves those sayings.    You know it times past

I was attacked most not for saying read the kjv ,  not for saying follow JESUS either .    ITS when I came bringing HIS OWN SAYINGS

that the attacks would begin  .    And that is so scary .    For we do need to KNOW HIM and their is only ONE TRUE JESUS and either we LOVE HIM or we don't .

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Just speak of His sayings  and see who says amen or who talks their way around some of His sayings.

I have learned that one who loves the LORD ,   simply obeys THE LORD and whoever they obey IS their master .

PREACH JESUS and see who comes against certain sayings or who just loves those sayings.    You know it times past

I was attacked most not for saying read the kjv ,  not for saying follow JESUS either .    ITS when I came bringing HIS OWN SAYINGS

that the attacks would begin  .    And that is so scary .    For we do need to KNOW HIM and their is only ONE TRUE JESUS and either we LOVE HIM or we don't .

I remember that.  They didn't want to hear the words of Jesus and lashed out at you.  I got attacked for posting verses from James that dealt with the topic being discussed, and I had not even commented on them.  It is that two edged sword brother!  

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well I'm up for that. But how do we do that. Clearly everyone thinks they are following the right Jesus. 

Sister ,  this is good news .   We start with HIS sayings .    let us be patient , let us pray .

I know many have been taught ways around Some of His sayings ,   but lets fix that .

First thing is pray and read the bible .   get his sayings engrained in your heart .

Our attitude should be IF JESUS said it we obey it .   Really go deep into your prayers ,  truly ask GOD to reveal The TRUTH to you,.

Let a hunger for Him begin.   Ask for a hunger for only truth .    Ask for a heart pleasing to GOD .    Ask for wisdom  , so we can walk as we ought .

Wisdom to walk pleasing unto Him through faith .     Really start afresh in HIM.    start spending more time in the bible , in prayer

pray for a thankful heart ,  pray for that closer walk with God .    No matter how many years we may have followed Him  , its a necessity

to return to the first love .    The first love was all about HIM.   Put Him above all things .   pray for this in your heart.

I do , by grace I keep praying for these things to only increase .   Then also let us remind one another of His many sayings .

let us focus on the promises and also on his warnings too.    Let the Spirit reveal to us what needs to be worked on and OBEY the SPIRIT .