• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:(My life has been turned upside down. My best friend who happens to be my mom

is in a coma with severe brain damage. She has been making real progress with some of her body systems, praise God! However, she can not talk anymore and it will take a miracle for that to change. I miss our special chats and feel disoriented these past several weeks.

I don't mean to feel sorry for myself, but I guess I feel cheated. I know she has the hardest part of this situation. She has always been a fighter and with God on her side, there is still hope. 

But how do I cope with this shocking change and void? I don't want to cave in to depression, but it's only natural to be sad. Right? Any ideas on how to deal with this? I feel at an impasse,

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Hey its so natural to feel the way you do. You feel a lost and it hurts,too. God is right there with you. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Loss is a difficult thing to accept when it comes, so is change.  What you need to start thinking about, is a new normal, for the near future, and beyond.  Whatever happens from this point, things will not be exactly as they were before.  Your first love though, is the Lord, so keep your mind on that.  We are all praying for you and your mother.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Thanks ladypeartree, for sharing your unique and personal perspective. I am sorry for your loss of your son. Tonight I've been thinking upon your illustration about talking to the baby in the womb...

Thanks wayne222 for your compassion in your understanding words. Thanks wingnut for your helpful and practical advice. 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,247
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:48 AM, turtletwo said:

:(My life has been turned upside down. My best friend who happens to be my mom

is in a coma with severe brain damage. She has been making real progress with some of her body systems, praise God! However, she can not talk anymore and it will take a miracle for that to change. I miss our special chats and feel disoriented these past several weeks.

I don't mean to feel sorry for myself, but I guess I feel cheated. I know she has the hardest part of this situation. She has always been a fighter and with God on her side, there is still hope. 

But how do I cope with this shocking change and void? I don't want to cave in to depression, but it's only natural to be sad. Right? Any ideas on how to deal with this? I feel at an impasse,

I always realize that when stuff like this knocks me for a loop I immediately examine what it is that has done this... most of the time it was something out of wack in me and hindering me a closeness to The Lord I desire... when everything in us is given to >God for we trust Him and Love Him< how is it when He takes it we feel loss? Do I really think it was better for them to remain here with me :( I always find peace for God has promised us no more separation forever shall I wine about the years now or look to the eternity ahead?  Prayed for ya TT, Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,339
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

My heart goes out to you.  Good advice given to you by all.

I do agree with Willa that people in comas can still hear what is going on around them.   So as she suggested, do read the Bible to her or maybe even sing to her or play some beautiful music for her.  Besides this helping her, it can also be a comfort to you.  God bless you and your mom.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guest BacKaran

Please bring your bible with you wherever you go and read from it for strength.
Ive been a widow for years and its a different normal, it will never be the old normal but you will get through this.
My dad passed and I still have days where I say I can see Dad....oh, I cant....Dad would like this for lunch...Oh, we cant have lunch but its the hard times that make one stronger in faith and trust in The Trinity for all your needs!

Cant pray? the Holy Spirit understands.
Not sure what to do, wait or write a pro and con list and let God guide you.

I had a dying aunt in the hospital and I told the nurses not to disturb her by coming in each hour to take temperature and blood pressure etc. I said we know she’s dying, let her have some peace while she’s here. I took her home to die, what precious memories I have!

In all things pray and trust Him. This life and its sufferings are for but a short time, praise God you are saved for all eternity!