IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

Guest Butero
Just now, Yowm said:

Sure, they were well versed in the Scriptures and had been audibly taught from God Himself in the flesh for over 3 years.

I may be missing something, but has anyone actually said they don't need to study the Bible because Jesus teaches them all they need to know without it?  They may have, but I haven't seen it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

It would be expedient for you to post a copy of where someone said that Yowm. 

For if you can’t, your making false accusations against a brother. And if you can, you should give him a chance to explain himself. That would be the way Christ would have you handle it I believe. In the Spirit of love. (my thoughts)

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, it was a carry over issue from another thread.

Wow.  That sounds like an excuse for laziness to me.  God speaks to us through his Word most of the time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Revelation knowledge must be very closely guarded against human intellect and enthusiasm that tend to come in later. Too many Christians get a glimmer of a revelation, just a tiny sprout that is beginning to grow, and they get carried away. Instead of applying themselves to the rigorous work of developing fruit in their life, they decide to sit down and fire off a manifesto about it. They muddle their way through a Bible lesson full of paraphrases, half truths, and fuzzy logic, in a human effort to preach this revelation. In the end, no fruit comes of it.

• Brilliant! 2

50 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Which person in particular have I accused? I mentioned no one's name.

45 minutes ago, Butero said: 

I may be missing something, but has anyone actually said they don't need to study the Bible because Jesus teaches them all they need to know without it?  They may have, but I haven't seen it.

Yowm said;

Yes, it was a carry over issue from another thread.

This to me sounds like you are accusing someone of writing that they said they don’t need the Bible because Jesus teaches them personally. By saying “yes” to the above was stating that you know who that person was/is.  You have not revealed his name.(yet), and no one said you did). So  I thought in the Spirit of Love you should bring it forth and give that person (believer) a chance to explain himself. Don’t you agree that is how Christ would have you handle the situation? 

Much love on Christ, Not me 
Edited by Not me

Guest Butero

I have never seen anyone say we don't need the Bible in any threads I have read, but I have seen a battle over how we study scripture.  Some of us believe we simply need a KJV Bible, and perhaps a Strong's Greek and Hebrew Dictionary, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we get the right interpretation.  I believe in studying the Bible and have all of my life since I got saved.  Others believe in following hermeneutics and the "laws of literature" in exegesis, and do not believe you can get the right interpretation by doing things as I do and some others do.  I don't believe the Bible follows the laws of literature, and have given examples, like where a book that is in the category of poetry is also prophetic.  An example would be Psalm 2.  It wasn't really a matter over whether to study, but how to study.  

If anyone actually is coming against study of the Bible, I will say that person is wrong, and is lazy.  We are to study to show ourselves approved.  Everyone should be able to agree on that.  

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have never seen anyone say we don't need the Bible in any threads I have read, but I have seen a battle over how we study scripture.  Some of us believe we simply need a KJV Bible, and perhaps a Strong's Greek and Hebrew Dictionary, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we get the right interpretation.  I believe in studying the Bible and have all of my life since I got saved.  Others believe in following hermeneutics and the "laws of literature" in exegesis, and do not believe you can get the right interpretation by doing things as I do and some others do.  I don't believe the Bible follows the laws of literature, and have given examples, like where a book that is in the category of poetry is also prophetic.  An example would be Psalm 2.  It wasn't really a matter over whether to study, but how to study.  

If anyone actually is coming against study of the Bible, I will say that person is wrong, and is lazy.  We are to study to show ourselves approved.  Everyone should be able to agree on that.  

Couldn’t agree more. Different believers will have different styles of reading and studying the scriptures. Some may actually be better or worse, but as long as the believer is walking in the integrity of his heart before God. God will in His time make all thing plain to any and all that are willing to grow. Very wise words Butero. :)

much love in Christ, Not me

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

16 hours ago, naominash said:

If God is not after numbers, I still hope it is possible for many to be saved. 

In my own life, God has had a way of drawing me away, away, away, from what others are doing and more towards Him. I pray He does this for others, too. 

Amen, Naomi.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

We can also use more than one method to study.  Literary exegesis doesn’t have to be a strict dogma. A tendency to focus on plain language doesn’t have to overlook obvious literary beauty. We don’t have to be at odds with each other over everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
10 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

We can also use more than one method to study.  Literary exegesis doesn’t have to be a strict dogma. A tendency to focus on plain language doesn’t have to overlook obvious literary beauty. We don’t have to be at odds with each other over everything.

That only works till you are constantly accused of sloppy hermeneutics and poor Bible exegesis by someone who disagrees with you.  Anyone that has been here for long has encountered that unless they always agree with a certain individual.