• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

Hello again, Marilyn,

Further to my last entry. The Church of the One Body, is reckoned by God to be in Christ, seated at God's right hand, awaiting His appearing when they too will 'appear'with Him there in resurrection glory. It is, though a future event, yet, in the mind of God, a present reality.  

I believe the same applies to the description in Hebrews 12:23, in relation to this blessed company, they are, by faith' s reckoning already there, in the mind of God. Yet both company await resurrection for it to become a present reality.

In Christ Jesus

Chris 

Edited by Christine

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Actually God`s word says differently Marilyn 

God's word tells this

[Hosea 3:5; Jeremiah 30:9; Ezekiel 34:23-24; Ezekiel 37:24-25]

You need to read your Bible ....all of it

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Actually God`s word says differently Marilyn 

God's word tells this

[Hosea 3:5; Jeremiah 30:9; Ezekiel 34:23-24; Ezekiel 37:24-25]

You need to read your Bible ....all of it

Hi Daniel,

So let`s see look at those scriptures you have highlighted -

`Afterwards the children of Israel shall return, seek the Lord their God and David their king, and fear the Lord and His goodness in the latter days.` (Hosea 3: 5)

`But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 9)

raise - Heb. word ` quwm,` meaning abide, accomplish, ordain, strengthen......

`I will establish one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them - my servant David. He shall feed them and be their shepherd. And I, the Lord, will be their God and my servant, David a prince among them:...`  (Ez. 34: 23 & 24)

`David my servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; .......and my servant David shall be there prince forever.` (Ez. 37: 24 & 25)

Forever - Heb. word `olam` meaning concealed, long time, or eternal.

So thank you Daniel for those scriptures telling us that a person named David will be Israel`s king in the millennium. God`s word in those scriptures do not tell us that it is King David of old. God`s word tells us that the OT David is in the general assembly awaiting his inheritance - to go to the city, the New Jerusalem, in the heavenly country that was promised to him.   

`These all died in faith not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16)

Note; (king) David in V. 32.

Marilyn.

15 hours ago, Christine said:

Thank you, @Marilyn, for bringing me back to Hebrews 12:23, in regard to the words, '... to the spirits of just men made perfect', which you have done to justify your belief that the Old Testament saints listed in Hebrews 11, are now 'in' heaven. 

The Hebrew saints listed in Hebrews 11, had been perfected, in that they had remained faithful, even unto death. They had run the race, and reached the tape - victorious!  Praise God!

This looks to the city whose Builder and Maker is God, the New Jerusalem, the Holy City, the Bride of the Lamb. 

The writer, having looked back to mount Sinai, and what pertained under the Old Covenant, with Moses as Mediator, now looks ahead to the hope set before these Hebrew Christians, under the New Covenant, with Christ as their mediator.  This is the believing remnant of Israel called out during the Acts period, a special company, who were called to  also go on unto perfection, to endure unto the end, with this glorious hope in view. When the Church of the firstborn will be complete and enter into it's inheritance as 'The Bride', 'The Lamb's Wife'.

They look for a 'Better Resurrection', they have not yet attained to it. 

With love, in Christ Jesus.

Chris

Hi Chris,

While I agree with your first part, I think the part in bold will need perhaps a new thread to discuss it in detail.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So thank you Daniel for those scriptures telling us that a person named David will be Israel`s king in the millennium. God`s word in those scriptures do not tell us that it is King David of old

They do tell that it is King David of old .... you have a very strange idea 

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/26/2018 at 5:42 PM, Christine said:

‘For unto us a child is born, 
unto us a son is given: 
and the government shall be upon His shoulder: 
and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, 
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace 
there shall be no end, 
upon the throne of David, 
and upon His kingdom, 
to order it, and to establish it 
with judgment and with justice 
from henceforth even for ever. 
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.’
(Isa 9:6-7)  

* We know that Christ Jesus the risen Lord will reign during the millennium.

‘But they shall serve the LORD  their God, 
and David their king, 
whom I will raise up unto them.’

(Jer 30:9)  

* Does Jeremiah 30:9 refer to David or does it refer to Christ, the Son of David? 

‘And David my servant shall be king over them; 
and they all shall have one shepherd: 
they shall also walk in My judgments, 
and observe My statutes, 
and do them.’

(Eze 37:24) 

* Will David be the Lord's vice regent perhaps?

'But they shall serve the Lord (Jehovah)  
their God
(Elohim)
and David their king 
whom I will raise up 
unto them'.

(Jer. 30:9)  

‘And I the LORD (Jehovah) will be their God, (Elohim) 
and my servant David a prince among them; 
I the LORD
(Jehovah) have spoken it.’
(Ezek.34:24)

'Afterward shall the children of Israel return, 
and seek the LORD
(Jehovah) their God (Elohim)
and David their king; 
and shall fear the LORD 
(Jehovah)
and His goodness 
in the latter days.'

(Hos 3:5) 

I would value your input.
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Will David reign with Jesus in the Millennial Kingdom?

After the Tribulation and the Battle of Armageddon, Jesus will establish His 1,000-year Kingdom on earth. In Jeremiah 30, God promises Israel that the yoke of foreign oppression would be cast off forever, and “instead, they will serve the Lord their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them” (verse 9). Speaking of the same time, God says through the prophet Ezekiel, “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees” (Ezekiel 37:24). From the prophecies of Jeremiah and Ezekiel, some have concluded that King David will be resurrected during the Millennium and installed as co-regent over Israel, ruling the Kingdom with Jesus Christ.

Jeremiah’s and Ezekiel’s prophecies should be understood this way: the Jews would one day return to their own country, their yoke of slavery would be removed, their fellowship with God would be restored, and God would provide them with a King of His own choosing. This King would, in some way, be like King David of old. These passages can refer to none other than the long-awaited Messiah, the “Servant of the Lord” (cf. Isaiah 42:1). The Jews sometimes referred to the Messiah as “David” because it was known the Messiah would come from David’s lineage. The New Testament often refers to Jesus as the “Son of David” (Matthew 15:22; Mark 10:47).

There are other reasons, besides being the Son of David, that the Messiah is referred to as “David.” King David in the Old Testament was a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22), he was an unlikely king of God’s own choosing, and the Spirit of God was upon Him (1 Samuel 16:12–13). David, then, is a type of Christ (a type is a person who foreshadows someone else). Another example of this kind of typology is Elijah, whose ministry foreshadowed that of John the Baptist to the extent that Malachi called John “Elijah” (Malachi 4:5; cf. Luke 1:17; Mark 9:11–13).

David will be resurrected at the beginning of the Millennium, along with all the other Old Testament saints. And David will be one of those who reign with Jesus in the Kingdom (Daniel 7:27). However, all believers will rule the nations (Revelation 2:26–27; 20:4) and judge the world (1 Corinthians 6:2). The apostle Peter calls Christians “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation” (1 Peter 2:9). In Revelation 3:21, Jesus says about the believer who conquers, “I will grant him to sit with me on my throne.” In some sense, then, Christians will share authority with Christ (cf. Ephesians 2:6). There is some biblical evidence, as in the Parable of the Ten Minas (Luke 19:11–27), that individuals will be given more or less authority in the Kingdom according to how they handle the responsibilities God has given them in this age (Luke 19:17).

Jesus is the King of kings (Revelation 19:16). Humanly speaking, Jesus is from the Davidic dynasty; but in power, in glory, in righteousness, and in every other way, He is rightly called the Greater David. “The government will be on his shoulders” (Isaiah 9:6). The Old and New Testaments reveal that the future King during the Millennium and all eternity is Jesus Christ and Him alone (Jeremiah 23:5; Isaiah 9:7; 33:22; Revelation 17:14; 1 Timothy 6:15).

Recommended Resource: Thy Kingdom Come by J. Dwight Pentecost

Source: gotquestions.org

Quasar93

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

So thank you Daniel for those scriptures telling us that a person named David will be Israel`s king in the millennium. God`s word in those scriptures do not tell us that it is King David of old

They do tell that it is King David of old .... you have a very strange idea 

Hi Daniel,

So where does scripture specifically say that the David in the millennium is the OT David. When actually we are told that the OT David is in the general assembly waiting to have his new body and go into the New Jerusalem. You are confusing people bro.

These all died in faith not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16)

Note; (king) David in V. 32.

Marilyn. 

"So where does scripture specifically say that the David in the millennium is the OT David"

I gave you the scriptures .... believe them

5 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"So where does scripture specifically say that the David in the millennium is the OT David"

I gave you the scriptures .... believe them

Hi Daniel,

Those scriptures which you gave and I wrote out do not say King David of old, or any indication that he is king David, Israel`s former king. And you have not addressed where I showed you that God`s word tells us that the OT King David is in the General Assembly waiting for his promised inheritance of the New Jerusalem.

`These all died in faith not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, they were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare that they seek a homeland.

And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God, is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.....and what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, ALSO OF DAVID and Samuel and the prophets;...` ` (Heb. 11: 13 - 16, & 32)

That is VERY SPECIFIC!

Marilyn.

"Those scriptures which you gave and I wrote out do not say King David of old, or any indication that he is king David, Israel`s former king"

He is ....  think you are wrong