• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, Acadia said:

Yes. Brian Simmons is the “author” of “The Passion Translation”. He apparently received the direction from Jesus to create this “translation” after taking a trip to Heaven.

YES, how often men claim to have entered into heaven itself , and been given instruction By Christ himself ,   ONLY TO FIND OUT what they bring back to the churches

CONTRADICTS the JESUS of the BIBLE.   contradicts the be humble attitude of the true church leaders who wrote the letters to churches .

WHEN the message given ,   MAKES GOD seem to take a back seat to man , and stand in AWE of man ,   words to that effect , words that exalt man

REST assured it came not FROM JESUS ,  it came from this one ,   I SHALL BE AS GOD ,  I SHALL EXALT myself above the stars ,    aka  satan .

Last time I checked .  Paul had said be NOT highminded BUT fear .      Yet that message brain brings ,  says GOD worships HIS creation .   INSTEAD

of the true version which would say ,  LET the created WORSHIP GOD .     Instead of the message that GOD created all things FOR HIS GOOD PLEASURE

its became GOD DID ALL THINGS FOR MANS PLEASURE ,    making GOD as one WHO serves and bends the knee to man ,  and not VICE versa   AS IT SHOULD BE .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Adstar said:

Ok.. Well anyway anyone who adds to the scriptures there is a curse added to the end of the Bible that states..

Revelation 22: KJV

18 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"

So adding to the Word of God is a serious transgression against God.. Saying that we can be equal to God is a claim satan used to entice Eve to rebell against the will of God in Genisis..

I agree, which is why Christians need to be aware of this “translation.” It has been gaining popularity, and unlike “The Message”, it is not seen as a paraphrase.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YES, how often men claim to have entered into heaven itself , and been given instruction By Christ himself ,   ONLY TO FIND OUT what they bring back to the churches

CONTRADICTS the JESUS of the BIBLE.   contradicts the be humble attitude of the true church leaders who wrote the letters to churches .

WHEN the message given ,   MAKES GOD seem to take a back seat to man , and stand in AWE of man ,   words to that effect , words that exalt man

REST assured it came not FROM JESUS ,  it came from this one ,   I SHALL BE AS GOD ,  I SHALL EXALT myself above the stars ,    aka  satan .

Last time I checked .  Paul had said be NOT highminded BUT fear .      Yet that message brain brings ,  says GOD worships HIS creation .   INSTEAD

of the true version which would say ,  LET the created WORSHIP GOD .     Instead of the message that GOD created all things FOR HIS GOOD PLEASURE

its became GOD DID ALL THINGS FOR MANS PLEASURE ,    making GOD as one WHO serves and bends the knee to man ,  and not VICE versa   AS IT SHOULD BE .

Agreed. Bethel Church in Redding California is just one very influential church that uses “The Passion Translation” regularly. A year or two ago, their children’s pastor (Seth Dahl) actually gave a talk where he said that Jesus asked him for forgiveness.

The lead pastor, Bill Johnson, has also taught that God is “in charge, but He’s not in control.” (Because we are in control).

And this is one of the core tenets of these “prophets” and “apostles” in the NAR, we control God. They say it thousands of different ways.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

3 hours ago, Acadia said:
The Passion Translation, authored by Brian Simmons, has inserted these words into the mouth of Christ:

"For you reach into my heart. With one flash of your eyes I am undone by your love, my beloved, my equal, my bride. You leave me breathless-I am overcome by merely a glance from your worshiping eyes, for you have stolen my heart..." Song of Songs 4:9  (TPT)

Much can of course be said about interpreting Song of Songs/Solomon to be about Christ and the Church, but to even suggest, nevermind blatantly have Jesus call us His "equal", is beyond erroneous, it is heretical and even blasphemous. The worst of it is that, thanks to Brian Simmons and his "Passion Translation", people can now argue that mankind's equality with God is Biblical.

Honestly, I do not know how terrible the deception in the Church has to be before more people are willing to stand up and speak up to warn brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Passion Translation is used and promoted by Bethel Redding, (Bill Johnson) and by Georgian and Winnie Banov, and who knows how many others. It seems to be a favourite "translation" in the loosely organized but very broad and fast growing NAR.

I encourage all Christians to do their research on this.

Here are several screenshots from the Banov's Facebook page, where they repeatedly promote this heretical and blasphemous doctrine of equality with God (among other equally horrendous claims).

Thoughts?

attachFull216189
attachFull216190
attachFull216191
attachFull216192

I did a bit of reading on it just now through Bible Gateway.com, and it is not a translation. It is without question a paraphrase, so it's hard to even discuss its "translations" seriously. Nowhere in the Masoretic or LXX does it use words that mean "equal" in this verse. The words mean "bride" or "spouse."

Edited by Hidden In Him

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Acadia said:

my eq

Matthew chapter 23 verse 10

Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah

Luke chapter 6 verse 40

The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

From these verses I think you can be like Jesus, I haven't made it yet though.

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

Bethel, Bill Johnson & his associates present a real danger to Christians, the ones that don't know or follow what the Bible teaches. Heard a clip of Bill Johnson saying they are exporters & intend to spread their {demonic doctrines} blasphemous} teachings for a "revival" through music, & books etc... You might be interested, that Jan Markell on her last radio show, featured parents who lost their daughter to Bill Johston's Bethel Church.   https://olivetreeviews.org 

Thank you :) I have listened to Jan Markell a number of times. She does present some very important information and warnings. I will definitely listen. I am familiar with this incident, but I’m not sure I’ve listened to that particular segment.

But yes, Bethel Redding is dangerous and they are indeed spreading their abberant teachings through their music (Jesus Culture) especially by targeting the youth, who then bring these teachings into their own local church.

My own church had the local Christian college choir sing a few Sundays back, and they sang “Reckless Love.”

The NAR has become increasingly large and influential within Christianity. I have family and friends involved as well, they won’t talk with me about it.

• This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, john1 said:

Matthew chapter 23 verse 10

Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah

Luke chapter 6 verse 40

The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.

From these verses I think you can be like Jesus, I haven't made it yet though.

“Like Jesus” in what way? Equal to Him, absolutely not.

• This is Worthy 1

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ya they are on a mission from hell to spread their false teachings through their music and I am reminded of the Biblical fact, that Lucifer was created with musical instruments so we can guess who is behind the demonic spell-binding tunes.  I renounce the song "reckless love" when I hear it, &  it ticks me off every time I hear it.  GOD's LOVE is FAR from Reckless!! Little by little they are trying to effect people's Christian doctrinal beliefs & move them AWAY from what the BIBLE TEACHES.  

I absolutely agree. And that one song has caused so much division. You are correct, God’s love is indeed far from “reckless”. God has never done a “reckless thing ever. All of His perfect plans and purposes always come to pass, He knows the end from the beginning and He is always able to work all things together. There is not even the slightest chance He will be caught off guard or make a mistake, which is a requirement if one is too actually be reckless. Essentially, to be reckless, one needs to be fallible, and God is most certainly NOT that.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Hidden In Him said:

I did a bit of reading on it just now through Bible Gateway.com, and it is not a translation. It is without question a paraphrase, so it's hard to even discuss its "translations" seriously. Nowhere in the Masoretic or LXX does it use words that mean "equal" in this verse. The words mean "bride" or "spouse."

And it don't matter what they call it .     FOLKS IS SUCKING IT UP FULL FORCE LIKE GOD HIMSELF SAID IT .    WE gotta shut it down every chance we get .

All I want to hear is these words from you Hidden in HIM .   a LOUD BATTLE CRY that we gonna expose this and other lies and a full force all out rush right into the trenches

to contend for the true faith and expose these satanic heresays of men gone wild over the whores fruit punch .     Now throw those hands up IN PRAISE to the LORD .

I had another dream .   I will tell it to you later .   

1 hour ago, Hidden In Him said:

This is from the official website for “The Passion Translation”:

Encounter the heart of God.

“The Passion Translation is a new, heart-level translation that expresses God’s fiery heart of love to this generation using Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic manuscripts, merging the emotion and life-changing truth of God’s Word.”

“So why another translation? Many wonderful versions of our Bible now grace our bookshelves, bookstores, software programs, even apps on our phones. So why add one more? The reason is simple: God longs to have his Word expressed in every language in a way that unlocks the passion of his heart. The goal of this work is to trigger inside every reader an overwhelming response to the truth of the Bible, revealing the deep mysteries of the Scriptures in the love language of God, the language of the heart.”

“If you’re hungry for God and want to know him on a deeper level, The Passion Translation will help you encounter God’s heart and discover what he has for your life

- Dr. Brian Simmons

Because, apparently no other translations have ever been quite good enough. Notice the very obvious, mystical language, meant to appeal to the emotion, which is what the NAR is all about. (Experiences and encounters)

• Brilliant! 1