JTC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Some catholics get saved in spite of the false teachings of their “ church”. Miracles never cease, I suppose....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Do Catholics believe and do this???  

Rom 10:8-10
 that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10
NASB

Edited by other one
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

23 hours ago, Debp said:

JTC, since you are lonely and can't find a church nearby, except for those few Catholic churches....if you find one where the priest gives a good sermon and is not going to try to convert you back, then you might go to listen to the sermons.  That is, as long as the sermons are Biblical.

What are the Catholic Churches like back East now?    Are they accepting of us Christians that are not Catholic?  Do the priests give sermons based on the Scripture?

I grew up in the North East and back then the Catholic Church thought anyone not a Catholic wasn't going to Heaven.   Catholics in Los Angeles are not so rigid, and do accept other non-Catholic Christians.  I've heard a few priests here during my lifetime that actually preach the Scriptures.

I was not raised Catholic but my dad was and became an atheist for many years due to what he saw in the Catholic Church (he was an altar boy).  Also, my dad's side of the family considered themselves Catholic but lived worldly lives (gambling, drinking).   After my dad died in 1975, my mother and I never heard from his side of the family again...my dad was always giving them gifts, etc.   Only my aunt would phone and she died some years ago.

I phone one of my cousins once in a blue moon but never get any calls back from them.   One of my cousins came to Los Angeles for a convention and it was like pulling teeth to get him to meet up with my mother and I.   My cousins were all sent to Catholic schools.  Maybe if the sermons were not in Latin back then, maybe it would have made a difference in them?  I don't know.   Anyhow, just sharing a bit about my life...we all go through things sometimes but it's best not to dwell on things.

Deb, I haven't been in a Catholic church in about 10 yrs. They don't have the kind of sermons we do. Their sermon is only 5 or 15 minutes at the most, it's part of the mass. When I was a kid the whole mass was in Latin as your husband said. No one knew what was going on.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I've been alone 17 yrs now and I can see it's had a worse effect on me than I thought. I think I have forgotten how to be sociable. This is why I'm glad you told me about yourself. I need to learn how to fit into society again. It's not going to be easy, and I can see the older I get the harder it is.

The one thing that disturbs me is people around here just don't seem to be into God. I think of God everyday and I pray several times a day. I don't mean big fancy prayers, usually they are short, just so God knows He's on my mind. I don't broadcast this from the windows but I don't keep it a secret neither. So maybe there are other people into God.

Anyway, thanks Deb.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

If you are going to a Catholic Church, see the CHRIST in them, they may have other things and they will, but you are not going there to fellowship with the church, just fellowship with the CHRIST in them. 

Like the example in the parables, do not try to pull out the tares, just nourish the good seed, and perhaps the tares won't get any atention and are not so important anymore. 

Live it to God. 

Leave the priests alone too, they are abassadors to the Church organization they represent. 

Do not bother their consiense, if you do they will asked you to leave, they need and have an oath taking duty to protect their sheep.

Remain as a visitor, just say I come here to pray.

They asked you about your patron saint:

You tell them that Jesus is your patron saint. 

Be at peace with them and hold your peace within yourself.  

Do not let your righteous indignation lead you. 

See Christ in them. 

They are not just Catholics, they are first believers in Jesus CHRIST, to be a Catholic you must confess Jesus CHRIST as Savior, Salvatore, and Lord. 

They believed that he is the Judge of all, that every knee shall bow before him. 

Do not asked is Jesus your Lord everyday of your life, they do it their way. 

Someone will asked you that's different and be careful not to judge the clergy. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, JTC said:

Deb, I haven't been in a Catholic church in about 10 yrs. They don't have the kind of sermons we do. Their sermon is only 5 or 15 minutes at the most, it's part of the mass. When I was a kid the whole mass was in Latin as your husband said. No one knew what was going on.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I've been alone 17 yrs now and I can see it's had a worse effect on me than I thought. I think I have forgotten how to be sociable. This is why I'm glad you told me about yourself. I need to learn how to fit into society again. It's not going to be easy, and I can see the older I get the harder it is.

The one thing that disturbs me is people around here just don't seem to be into God. I think of God everyday and I pray several times a day. I don't mean big fancy prayers, usually they are short, just so God knows He's on my mind. I don't broadcast this from the windows but I don't keep it a secret neither. So maybe there are other people into God.

Anyway, thanks Deb.

Hi JTC, oh, I was talking about my dad and my cousins being raised Catholic.   I, like you, never got married but it seemed to be my calling in life.☺️About learning how to fit into society again....well, I guess the best way is to treat others like we like to be treated as Jesus taught.

Also, do you like animals?  Some people volunteer a little at a shelter or with a rescue group.....that way you can meet and socialize a little in a relaxed, casual atmosphere.   If you aren't an animal person, maybe there is some other kind of volunteer activity you might do?  Also, some people like to take a class...like crafts, etc.   Some places have free c!asses for senior citizens.

Some years ago I volunteered at a church thrift shop once a week....it was near home.   I have a friend in PA who volunteers with an animal group...she helps transport the dogs with another lady and also works at their thrift shop.

You probably will meet people who believe in God... it's just that not everyone is at the same level spiritually, so we must love people where they are.  Maybe they will learn something from us or we will learn something from them!

Keep us updated on things, JTC.

• Thumbs Up 1