• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

27 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I have highlighted one statement above because you will get yourself into trouble if you continue to use statements like the one I highlighted.  You are not allowed to question people's salvation here, and it is a violation of the T.O.S.  I didn't report it, because you are new, but it would be unwise to continue making those kinds of statements.

I make no call on Trump's salvation one way or another.  That's way above my pay grade.  You shouldn't either since we are not called to make a concrete evaluation of someone else's salvation one way or another.  We should just stay busy working on our own.  But I will say that I don't expect godly-like behavior from a person who's never displayed it in the past.  It's a shop-warn phrase, but the man is President, not my pastor.  I expect him to act like a President.  I don't expect him to stand in the oval office and make astounding statements like a theologian or preach a sermon filled with fire and brimstone.  That isn't why he's there.  Personally, I don't like him Trump.  I didn't vote for him.  I didn't vote for him specifically because of some of his weak moral history and I think that compromises his ability to lead.  But it is not up to me, or anyone else to hold him to some kind of moral or spiritual standard that he has not held in the past because he is not making clear or strong professions of faith and then violating them with his actual behavior.  Obama actually did this the entire 8 years he was president.  He repetitively told people he was a Christian while he supported things God abhors.  I can't call out Trump because, so far, he hasn't done the same thing.  Trump should be allowed to be on Twitter at all.  Some people say he is incredibly bright, but I don't see it.  But so far, he has done a good job, no matter what personal faults he might have.  And he has accomplished a great deal against some mind-numbingly stupid opposition.  I'm not expecting him to get people saved.  I am expecting him to run the country.

I will ask again:  Obama repeatedly said that he was a Christian as well.  Did you hold our past president to the same standard you are holding Trump to?   

Sorry, I assumed that meant for members not political figures who none of us know, but whatever. This ain't my first Christian site and I am familar with this attitude. On the same site that said Obama was godless heathen, you say the same about Trump and all of the sudden that rule becomes relevant. Typical, but I'll assume this is rule is equally enforced for this site as I am new here  and not a rule that is selectively applied like others. Also I was critical of Obama. >_> Said multiple times I didn't vote for him either term, and that I had no negative opinions of Mitt or McCain. I just didn't feel I knew enough at the time, so I abstained, but I did follow the debates and news stories etc. I was just getting my feet wet in politics at the time. The Hillary vs Trump vote was actually my FIRST vote (I am only 27), and I wound up voting 3rd party, because I actually was going to vote for Hillary sadly, that is how low an opinion I had of Trump at the time, but the astounding actions of Comey to announce they "might have" more dirt on her right before an election changed my mind. At that point I was like "wow FBI must have something bad to announce something like that at such a critical time, Hillary must be as bad as people say" so I swapped my vote over because I found both candidates to be both bad people and bad for the country, and I could not endorse either in good conscience. The weird thing was that it that HELPED  Trump despite his disdain for them. If it changed my vote I wondered if it changed anyone elses. Granted I am in GA so Trump was gonna get the electoral college votes by default, but I wondered of the impact it had on other less determined states.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The polls predicted a landslide that would include the popular vote and the electoral college. Polls has here at a huge advantage and every pundit from shore to shore was more than confident that Hillary would win.    The polls were not just wrong, they were really wrong.   Here is what the electoral map looked like after Trump won:  And that is the only poll that actually matters.

bRgO6.png.9caf4a610eb2aa6a334a4b4a685f1046.png

Goodness hillery took a real spanky .   You see that State with thirty eight electoral votes ,    its turning ever more liberal .  any guesses why .  the youth and illegals and so on .

I am watching texas , where I live become way more liberal than it ever was twenty , fifteen , even ten years ago .   

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Yall ever seen that man who owns face book RUN for president ,   DONT VOTE FOR HIM .  but many would .     Mark Zuckerberge .   DO NOT vote for that man . 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

7 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Careful with the assumptions there, Spunky.  That rule didn't just become relevant today.  People made unambiguous statements about Obama's salvational status while he was in office on this board and they got both reported and reprimanded.  The "no questioning a person's salvation" rule is always in effect, no matter who one is talking about, so don't try and imply it is enforced on a biased basis.  It is not.  You might want to get a better feel for the board before you assume you have it all figured out.

I appreciate your answering the question about Obama.  But I have to wonder why anyone would ever consider a vote for Hillary Clinton.  You take a dim view of Trump's moral position, but Hillary's is 500 times worse.

Yeah like I said I am new here, but the last Christian site I went too was a Trump echo chamber so forgive my assumptions. I really just want to be in a place where people put God above all, and my last experience left me very sour, so I am sorry for my implication. I respectfully disagree with the assumption that Clinton was worse mostly because almost all critcisms I heard were conspiracy based and as you will likely find out during my time here, I am not errrr "receptive" to that sort of thinking. I also don't assume Fox news=truth. I like to think of myself as a critical thinker, so you won't likely be easily able to catergorize me as a liberal or republican, I pride myself in being neither lol. Again I apologize for my implication. You'd have to see some of the discussions that went on at that place, mods there clearly showed leniancy to the right and allowed liberal bashing like crazy. It was a site to behold, and I took them to task on it, didn't even get banned just stopped going entirely. ?

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, one.opinion said:

This is a ridiculous and desperate argument. I don't need any news network to tell me that Trump is going to make huge amounts of money by hosting events at his own properties.

LoL which is not illegal.   So what's your problem?

3 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

I can't help but laugh when I see what he is doing is good for America. Look no one is disputing the economy is good, but I hate to tell you that is not all that matters. He is trashing our allies and you're living a pipe dream if you think, again I cannot stress this enough, an EX KGB AGENT, has anything but contempt for our country. He has also undermined our own intellegence community consistentently, even Republicans agree Russian meddled, that isn't just CNN or "fake news". His new deal with North Korea has 0 specifics (like most things with Trump) and no time table. The only thing good for America atm under his belt is the economy. But now political tensions are worse than ever. Money isn't everything, and Christians should know better. I mean Christian judges are fantastic,, don't get me wrong, BUT Christian's ignoring his character does not reflect well on us. You can't condemn hollywood for secularism when you're cool with someone as worldly as Trump. Trump is as Hollywood as Hollywood. You get that right? Stinks of hypocrisy fron a group that regularly (if justifiably) condemns certain lifestyles. Just saying be consistent, otherwise you only breed contempt and undermine yourself in the long run.

The question is, did the Russians so all the meddling.....   and there are huge consequences if the answer is "no".

Guest shiloh357
46 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Before I was very disobedient to God and made no effort whatsoever to follow Christ. On the day I was saved I cried for what seemed like for hours, I repented immediately and even went to people I had wronged over the years and asked for their forgiveness, I then gave up my old life and literally sold all of my possessions and left my family and friends behind to follow Christ.  Not everyone's conversion is that dramatic of course and for many it's a gradual process, but that's what happened to me when I was baptized into Christ and my eyes were opened up to the truth of how sinful I was. 

So unless someone does it like you did, they are not saved?    I know a lot of people who got saved and took them a significant amount of time to change and get over things like using profanity, alcoholism and sexual immorality. They struggled and sometimes, they lost some battles.   But that doesn't mean they were not saved.  

He's still a liar to this very day. There are also many other things he says and does today that I feel are contrary to the teachings of Christ. He has also not shown any remorse or outward signs of repentance for his past sins.

Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD (Proverbs 12:22)

There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers. (Proverbs 6:16-19)

It is also important that we do not become deceived. While I have no way of knowing the heart of President Trump when it comes to his salvation, it's important to remember that not everyone who claims to be a Christian and tells Christians what they want to hear, are really Christians. 

The president isn't lying to anyone.   That's just more of that liberal media Kool-Aid you enjoy so much.

You hold the president to an artificial standard and make no allowances for the fact that he has a lot of baggage that, if he is saved, he has to get rid of.  Not everyone complete changes.   You know as well as anyone that lots of people take time to change and those changes occur sometimes, over a course of years.    But, you need to an excuse to smear the president and since you really can't attack him on policy, you have to take this route and pretend that you care about his morality.

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Goodness hillery took a real spanky .   You see that State with thirty eight electoral votes ,    its turning ever more liberal .  any guesses why .  the youth and illegals and so on .

I am watching texas , where I live become way more liberal than it ever was twenty , fifteen , even ten years ago .   

while that is true, more and more of my kids friends are taking the red pill and wising up to the progressive movement.....   it takes a few years out from under the college professors for them to realize that the progressive democrats are going to rob them of their work rewards and give it to people that refuse to work....  I think it will swing back unless all those idiots fleeing California don't come to their senses and realize that what they believe will turn Texas into the very place they left.

As for people wanting to see the President speak of his relationship to Jesus, it's kind of hard to do when the news media is only putting out negative things about the President...  It would be only in video format for you don't seem to want to take anyone's word for it, and it's not easy to get video's of any length approved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

4 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

I can't help but laugh when I see what he is doing is good for America. Look no one is disputing the economy is good, but I hate to tell you that is not all that matters. He is trashing our allies and you're living a pipe dream if you think, again I cannot stress this enough, an EX KGB AGENT, has anything but contempt for our country. He has also undermined our own intellegence community consistentently, even Republicans agree Russian meddled, that isn't just CNN or "fake news". His new deal with North Korea has 0 specifics (like most things with Trump) and no time table. The only thing good for America atm under his belt is the economy. But now political tensions are worse than ever. Money isn't everything, and Christians should know better. I mean Christian judges are fantastic,, don't get me wrong, BUT Christian's ignoring his character does not reflect well on us. You can't condemn hollywood for secularism when you're cool with someone as worldly as Trump. Trump is as Hollywood as Hollywood. You get that right? Stinks of hypocrisy fron a group that regularly (if justifiably) condemns certain lifestyles. Just saying be consistent, otherwise you only breed contempt and undermine yourself in the long run.

You said, "the only thing good for America atm under his belt is the economy" Does that mean you would ignore his stance on supporting Christian world views?

2. In regard to President Putin.....I find it hard to believe that anyone who has been around for a while and experienced the world and all its ills cannot see the benefits in keeping your enemies close by you. Surely it is better to have some sort of relationship with them then have nothing to do with them. I am not saying this solves the problems involved, but is wiser course of action. Some communication is better than none.