HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Are you giving more attention to WB (therefore other people and their opinions ) and not enough time to your spouse/loved ones and their  opinions? 

I do believe a lot of time is invested here with other people .....

I'm spouseless but a single Mum and I find myself here too many times.

Edited by HisFirst
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

42 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Are you giving more attention to WB (therefore other people and their opinions ) and not enough time to your spouse/loved ones and their  opinions? 

The shoe might be on the other foot if the spouse is tied up with their interests. After nearly 32 years of marriage we are a well-oiled machine, helping each other to be temperate (self-controlled & moderate). Competitive Scrabble features large on my wife's agenda and I chose whether or not to travel away to her weekend tournaments or stay home and get my DIY done. Happy Days!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I am not married so I have the time. I have other things too of course. I believe the Lord led me here. I need to fellowship like Apostle John spoke of in 1 john. Our fellowship is with the father and the son. And also with any who fellowship with God. I think I touch it a few times here . Fellowship is sharing God's presence with others to me. I think we need that badly.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

12 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Good question. I think it is important to take note of how we spend our time each day and see if there are areas we need to adjust how we spend our time.

I do enjoy the chance to interact and learn from others hete. Being able to talk to people of all ages.  And in being here, I have found some great opportunities to learn myself as well as pray for others. 

Having said that,  now with my parents living with us, i don't have as much free time as I used to have.  

God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a stay at home mom. My husband works out of town a lot.  I pop on here in between loads of laundry and dishes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I think we too often ask the question “are we spending to much time doing such and such.” If you loved ones are bringing it up as a problem and you can’t function and are so addicted that you can’t unplug then yes, that’s too much. But Worthy Christian Forums is not like other forums which discuss fantasy, we here are talking about eternal things and the impact of our conversations will be seen in heaven and at the last judgement. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/3/2018 at 8:51 PM, Wayne222 said:

I am not married so I have the time. I have other things too of course. I believe the Lord led me here. I need to fellowship like Apostle John spoke of in 1 john. Our fellowship is with the father and the son. And also with any who fellowship with God. I think I touch it a few times here . Fellowship is sharing God's presence with others to me. I think we need that badly.

I'm unmarried too, although I often joke that I'm married to my laptop, and being on here means I'm using my laptop, so does it mean killing 2 birds with one stone?

Jokes aside, I have this tab on and attend to here when I receive a notification. Otherwise, I try to focus on my writing, social media connections, and my personal time with the Lord.  Of course I leave here and my laptop to church fellowships, etc.

I'm still finding a healthy balance to give all necessary things enough attention throughout each day, but for sure I have fun interacting with everyone here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Cyber friendships are real friendships. The conversations are real and the subjects are stimulating too, many lead me to a topical study of  the Bible. So no! I don't think spending time in daily devotion, praise, prayer,  discussion, etc.,  is a problem, but instead it is a blessing.

BTW my wife joins in,  facing me while she is on another board that we used to both be on, the one we met on, and we then share back and forth, praying, praising, and discussing.

Guess I could instead be watching FOX Cable News tv flash, "alert alert,  Donald Trump just tweeted." (Yes the pun was intended)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I normally browse this place only for a short time each day, not for too long. It sounds a bit strange for a guy who likes to write, but I really can't read all that long without my eyes hurting or getting tired. When I was a little kid, I could read a 300 page book in a matter of hours. Now it takes me days, weeks even, to finish such a book. The rest of my online time I spend on Youtube.

Being single and childless, I suppose I spend more time here. My family, if they aren't my immediate family, we don't really speak with each other. Like, at all. They are family by blood, but beyond that, I really don't think i'd call them family. Then, my immediate family, we do speak, but not necessarily with particular closeness on personal matters. Often i'll find out some detail about them, but they didn't really tell anyone because, "they didn't need to know". Basically, we'll talk about work or the weather. How we feel or personal opinions are well guarded. Then, I... Honestly don't have any friends, nor have I found a church to attend yet.

The time I spend here each day is short, but it's a nice time. Until I can break out of my shell, not guard myself completely as was instilled in me, and I can find a decent church, this is pretty much my only venue for religious discussion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,440
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

The days of handing out tracts and talking to people cold turkey about the gospel is about almost non existent in the city I live.  It is a diverse city, with a multitude of different ethics, but people just don't want to hear anything about the bible ect.  Once, our pastor took us out on a popular street on a nice summer night to hand out tracts and  most people did not want to take the tract and some was arrogant .  There was some young folks with us and I could see the humiliation on their faces.

Iron sharpens Iron.  Social media and the internet are the way of life for the developed world and it is so convenient to click  the mouse and send your message or view others thoughts with a cup of coffee and no one to distract you.  

Yes, at times, one can spend hours here and that can reflect a hunger for truths, or for answers that you may be searching for, or for agreements and disagreements on theology that you once held. In all, it all comes to your personal life and the time on your hands.  As others have said, they are constrained by family and some freedom from all.  Choice, it is a matter of choice.