• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Davida said:

Some will  never get it.  

Since you have been involved in the thread that has been deleted and are clearly upset about how moderation and reports are handled I think I can see where you are coming from.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, Davida said:

Not necessarily.

again what does the word proper manner now mean .   I wonder HOW PROPER paul would have looked when he confronted that false man who was trying to lead the deputy away from the faith .   LISTEN to what HE TELLS that false one and watch HOW BLIND that false one was made .   ANY kind of approach that seems not the way men oftoday were trained

is often deemed NOT PROPER .     BUT whoa , what would many today have said to paul , WHEN paul rebuked that man and called him every name under the sun .

and then had him blinded .     DOES THAT SOUND PROPER TODAY .      

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 minutes ago, Pure Waters said:

If anyone has a problem with how moderation is handled on here it clearly states in the ToS to dm a mod and discuss this privately, and if even that doesnt satisfy, theres still tons of other Christian Forums out there.

Honestly and truthfully I could care less .     Our mission should we choose to accept it , is to simply keep on warning out against any ideals contrary to THE BIBLCAL PATTERN JESUS taught

and the apostels followed and taught .   Let the moderators do as they do .  makes no concern to me .    As for the many other christain forums

our there.   WHY on earth do you think I am now here .     THEY don't went down the wrong road most of them .    this is one of the last few places to take our stand against

satans,   OH YES I make no bones about it , SATANS all incusive mindset .    and I will do it till either I am kicked out or dead whichever I suppose comes first .

See I want folks to know I am dead against that and make no apologies for it .     For we need to be a bold church now .    we need to stand against this , or even this site

will be taken with it .   No ,  I aint running anywhere .    I am here to defend the true faith till either I am booted out.   or maybe not ,  maybe , hopefully more will keep contending

for the true faith and stop focusing on defending other religions and instead DEFEND THE TRUE Faith and do all to Preach and teach Only JESUS  , only bible doctrine .

And who does know how this all will end .   I SUPPOSE only GOD does ,  but one thing for sure ,  if the other inclusive side wins this site , IT WONT BE for a lack on my part .

I am in it for the LONG HAUL .    NOW PRAISE THE LORD and ARMOUR UP . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

54 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It has lots to do with it. 

People constantly get attacked for being unloving when they confront false doctrine, so the post gets reported for a personal attack, and after a few of those the thread gets deleted.

How does a person know a post gets reported if they are not a mod ??? Is there a notice somewhere that i have not yet seen?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

It has lots to do with it. 

People constantly get attacked for being unloving when they confront false doctrine, so the post gets reported for a personal attack, and after a few of those the thread gets deleted.

Sometimes the mods clean the threads and leave it up, as a rule, the only posts who will be deleted are not for defending the truth but for personal attacks.

George will let you discuss anything, very strange or weird or misguided topics will be deleted but not if people are discussing Biblical topics in a kindly manner without being disrespectful or unkind .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Too often it is not what is said that the mods object to, but how it is said.  I have to watch myself as well.  

2Ti 2:23 ESV Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.

2Ti 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 2Ti 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 2Ti 2:26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

There are some who love to debate for the sake of debating.  This is OK in a secular setting, but not here where it becomes arguing, quarreling and accusing which dishonors Christ.  Do we simply want to win?  Do we only want to set the person straight?  Is it our pride speaking, or do we love the person enough to be kind, patient and gentle in our reply?    

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

How does a person know a post gets reported if they are not a mod ??? Is there a notice somewhere that i have not yet seen?

At the top right of the post, click "report post".  You may not know it has been reported.  If the post has become personal, reproving the person instead of discussing the topic, it is likely to have been reported.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Right, I hope I didn't imply deleted threads were a result for defending the truth. My first post in this thread made it clear it was mainly for 'personal attacks'.

Most often the threads don't get deleted for personal attacks, the mods often edit the post or remove the comment without deleting the thread or sometimes somebody will get banned from the topic for trying to attack the other person but the thread will still be in the forum.

Only if it's going nowhere and they thread is on its end and there is too much arguing the thread will be deleted.

I have been here long enough to know how it works and there need to be order and rules.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm a Watchman so I see what gets reported.

Okay thanks for sharing of that.

Now I have new additional question. If it is best to report a issue  "privately"as has been suggested or demanded I can't remember which, then does a watchman get to enter into the thread with his own postings or do the moderators handle the issue of contention privately? Or neither? 

Seems to me that a watchman must have of necessity a higher esponsibility than to simply claim longevity as though that has some merit in of itself and then join the fray. Perhaps a watchman should not engage have the "fun" of baiting or teasing others with quips and chides, or do they have free reign plus get to see private messages to moderators and then get to run with their own thinking on a thread too? ????

Mostly I  don't have a problem,  ( I think the message Board to  be pretty good!) but I do often read what is a flat out deliberate tone of arrogance with in some posters declarations based upon their own sense of their own "longevity". It is as though they feel threatened  by spreading and sharing of the message board with newer members.

Spreading/expanding of the community of saints, andsharing the gospel of our Lord is what I think the board is set up to try to do. Being arrogant to newer members seems a counter productive mission. Kind  of like they want to be the greater disciple by having fewer participants and or converts to our Lord's blessing upon us all.

Ya know I think I'll report this post on myself in hopes of getting some clarification. Thanks for reading.

ps oh will I see a report post on my own posts? ???

pps  yep it worked.

Edited by Neighbor

6 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It is odd that you mention "baiting" from mods, and/or other members, but that is exactly what you are doing in the last part of your post.

If one sees it that way they see it that way, I simply am stating what I  think and am asking for information and even giving a suggestion.  I also would like for the board to consider  just filing the threads that get contentious into a category all it's own at the very bottom of the list of categories. each thread there could be locked up at any time or a person locked out  and it would not be sitting in the middle of  General Discussion any longer. That worked pretty well on another board- Just a thought.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

25 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Most often the threads don't get deleted for personal attacks, the mods often edit the post or remove the comment without deleting the thread or sometimes somebody will get banned from the topic for trying to attack the other person but the thread will still be in the forum.

Only if it's going nowhere and they thread is on its end and there is too much arguing the thread will be deleted.

I have been here long enough to know how it works and there need to be order and rules.

if a thread reaches it's ending usefulness, it should just be closed and not deleted...   I have no problem with that at all...   as a matter of fact if many of the deleted threads had been closed earlier, all our work would be reserved for people stopping by to read...       when we post here there are a lot of people who read and never really join in...   some reach posts on threads from google searches....

• Thumbs Up 1