• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We had a rich neighbor back in 1993 that (inspired by our Danny) bought an African Grey for a couple of thousand $$$. Two weeks later it caught some type of bird disease and sadly died.

Those African greys can live to be really old .     Yown you realize you got your bird when you was still probably in your late thirties .  

Some of them birds can live a real long time .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,545
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

Danny is a lover, he only eats fingers LOL.

African Greys are supposed to be the best talkers.

You've heard the story of the prowler/burglar that broke into a Christian home  and the first thing the prowler heard was 'Jesus is watching you'. The prowler quickly figured out it was the family's parrot so he continued his looting and the parrot continued saying 'Jesus is watching you'. Finally when the prowler was about to make his exit the parrot yelled out 'Sick 'em Jesus' and at that moment a huge Bullmastiff came out from the doorway and pinned the burglar down until the owners came home. LOL

And then there  is the old saw about the parrot that would say "Who is it?" when the door bell rang. One day when a plumber was coming to do service the owner had gone out for just a few minutes. The plumber rang the door bell. The parrot said, "Who is it?" The plumber responded, "It's the plumber". The parrot just repeated " Who is it?" The plumber repeated, "It's the plumber. "The parrot repeated yet again, "Who is it?" The plumber now exasperated yelled." IT'S THE PLUMBER!" And with that he had a heart attack and died at the front door entryway. The home owner soon returned, seeing the man on the ground said, "Who is it?" and the parrot yelled out,  "IT'S THE PLUMBER!"

That one is about as old as the first indoor plumbing.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

16 hours ago, Yowm said:

Willy making his debut...

willy.jpg.930d4a747ee4153b509602c62f775a90.jpg

And Danny making his Cameo appearance lol

danny1.jpg.7b12b4595590211d9bbadef62cac0848.jpg

Does Danny get to come out of his cage?   I was watching some YouTube videos on Cockatoos and the people let them walk around to play with toys, and also sit on top of their cages.    One gal has a little harness for Gotcha the Cockatoo and takes him outside for air.  He sits on her shoulder and she also has a tree of branches made up for him to sit on.

16 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

My mama has an African grey .     and that bird talks a lot .   a lil too much .  and whoever said what , IT comes out in their voice . 

they have had it for years .    The bird actually can mimic the telephone getting dialed and then mimics the voice of the person .

But alas,  this does not bode well .  For when I visit and , yes I hear some dark phrases , like swear words , the voice of the person who said it

COMES OUT .     I happen to know for a fact the dog has done something it should not .  cause the bird repeates the phrase , YOU LIL ............lets not fill in the blank

The bird can imitate ANYTHING it hears and as I said the voice sounds just like the original author who said that phrase does . 

That's funny about your mom's bird talking like that....smart!

In the Comedy video section here I posted a short video on Gotcha the Cockatoo saying such hilarious things!!   He talks in complete sentences, too!  If you want to laugh, check it out.   He even said "I'm gonna talk till I die!" :rofl:

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes, I think a conure is around 25-35 yrs, quite a bit shorter than many larger parrots.

Gotcha's pet parent says the big parrots can live even more than 80 years!   She rescued Gotcha....his loving owner got ill, then he was abused by his next owners for 7 months, even thrown against a wall.  She lovingly won Gotcha's trust.   She was raised with parrots, her mom rescued parrots.

• Group:  Mars Hill

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

No, I use to work full time and my wife is fearful of loose birds, and now Danny freaks out outside his cage.

FREE DANNY ,  but don't free willie ,  he might come in and  put a lil sting in some skin .   

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

FREE DANNY ,  but don't free willie ,  he might come in and  put a lil sting in some skin .   

I do feel sorry that Danny is always in his cage.   He wouldn't hurt your wife, would he?   Some people put a platform on top of the cage with a perch and toys so the bird can move more freely.  YouTube might have some suggestion videos on getting a bird used to being outside the cage.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

My wife already got nailed by Willy Wasp, when she was cleaning the outside sill with a feather duster. lol

Willy wasp was like   Ya wanna dust me off,  well FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL  this ,   kadow .

Is willy still alive ..........................

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My wife already got nailed by Willy Wasp, when she was cleaning the outside sill with a feather duster. lol

Willlys , like Recognize THIS .....................

4 minutes ago, Debp said:

I do feel sorry that Danny is always in his cage.   He wouldn't hurt your wife, would he?   Some people put a platform on top of the cage with a perch and toys so the bird can move more freely.  YouTube might have some suggestion videos on getting a bird used to being outside the cage.

Mama , lets her African grey out all the time .    I remember a few times my brother was scared of it .   But then he was scared of the geese too .   

It was always funny to watch those two geese .     They would  SEE HIM and lower that head like a dart and come running right after him  and he was fleeing like a lil child .

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Yes, still on the same sill . It is his 7 week anniversary.

Willy done found him a home .    rent free and happy as can be .

well,  lets not dust him off no more .    Willy done claimed his mini throne . 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,455
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, still on the same sill . It is his 7 week anniversary.

I find that extremely unusual and interesting? Any chance there's some type of sweetener / sugar / soda or something that splattered there? Sure doesn't look like it's interested in making a wasp nest there.