IGNORED

how can single people encourage married people?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

I apologize, I'm not trying to be contentious, or rude. I am passionate that people reach out when they see signals, sin can be prevented that way.

That's fine, understood. I hadn't looked at the OP as dealing with struggles in sin but as it was stated, to be an encouragement.

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

How can I as a single person be an encouragement to married people in the church without getting in the way?

Talk with couples, pray with them for their marriages and their children if they have them, offer to babysit their kids so they can have much needed time for themselves.

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/21/2018 at 7:45 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

How can I as a single person be an encouragement to married people in the church without getting in the way?

It depends on what you mean by getting in the way. Just ask about the relationship with the same sex in private.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 11/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

In their marriage and in their faith.

My friend is married I am not. I love the marriage she has-- not in a coveting way but I can truly tell her husband loves her and she loves him and thats a beautiful thing as well as rare. 

If she comes to me with issues I reassure her theyre not as bad as they seem and to talk it out with her hubs and his reaction will surprise hrr in a good way and they're always okay. 

In addition to being an encouraging positive ear to listen. Pray for them as well. I do the above for my friend but defintely need to pray more.

I love the love they have for each other. Its beautiful when it actually works.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  590
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, Figure of eighty said:

My friend is married I am not. I love the marriage she has-- not in a coveting way but I can truly tell her husband loves her and she loves him and thats a beautiful thing as well as rare. 

If she comes to me with issues I reassure her theyre not as bad as they seem and to talk it out with her hubs and his reaction will surprise hrr in a good way and they're always okay. 

In addition to being an encouraging positive ear to listen. Pray for them as well. I do the above for my friend but defintely need to pray more.

I love the love they have for each other. Its beautiful when it actually works.

Thanks for the reply.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 11/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, ContinuingCorletta said:

Very carefully.  Honestly it would be better to have married people, who have some experience in marriage to speak into married people's lives.

But you can do it.  You just have to be careful and mindful of what you are doing.  There are no hard fast rules.  You just have to know the limits of your own knowledge on the matter.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  590
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/14/2020 at 11:01 PM, LonerAndy said:

Very carefully.  Honestly it would be better to have married people, who have some experience in marriage to speak into married people's lives.

But you can do it.  You just have to be careful and mindful of what you are doing.  There are no hard fast rules.  You just have to know the limits of your own knowledge on the matter.

Thank you for your encouragement.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Ask them to meet you for lunch sometime.  Or ask the meet the wife.  Call her only the phone, not him.  Don't engage the husband as much so she won't perceive you as a threat.  

I have a lot of advice for married women and a little for men as well, if they express that they are having problems.  

Tell them to list the things that first attracted you to that person.  I might say his eyes, his crazy sense of humor, the unique things he does and pranks--he is fun to be with and life is never boring.  Sometimes they things that bug you at first become the things you can laugh about later.  You marry the whole package and those thing that bug you are a part of the whole.  They would be them if they weren't that way.  

List the ways in which you express love to each other.  This one we did at a marriage retreat and his top reply was that he lets me eat onions!  I would never have dreamed.  Another he listed was the long hours he worked to provide for me.  I had thought that was because he wanted to stay away from me so it completely changed my attitude.

1 Peter 3 in the Amplified version really helped my attitude toward marriage.  Ephesians 5:22-33 helped my husband.

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

If I have misinterpreted the OP, I apologise, if you are wanting to encourage married folk Corletta, just continue being who you are already, there is no "new hat" you have to put on for them, or anyone else for that matter, God bless.