• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Jostler said:

to remove every roadblock to Bridal union, we will misunderstand Him, and might take offense and fall away.

Hey bro, I agree with most of what you say,  ...I don't want to start a debate, but I don't understand the take offense and fall away part, what I read is those that say someone could fall away are always talking about someone else and not themselves, like they are making a decision for someone else, ...personally, I must respond as Peter did, "Where would I go, Jesus is the Truth," beside that, He has been so faithful, caring, loving, towards me, both in times of discipline and out, I have grown to love Him, why would I ever take offense in anything that He allowed to come my way knowing it was His will for me in His love with the desired result that I would be conformed into the image of His son Jesus Christ, ...which is my will too.

I have entered into His rest Heb 4, ...it's the lamb dwelling, in the peace that passes all human understanding, with the Lion-King.

Any and all insight would be appreciated.

Lord bless 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I don't understand the take offense and fall away part, what I read is those that say someone could fall away are always talking about someone else and not themselves, like they are making a decision for someone else, ...personally, I must respond as Peter did, "Where would I go, Jesus is the Truth,"

I thought he said where would we (still present ones) go,  no one else has the words of eternal life.

None-the-less,  remember that most disciples DID GO - they left following Jesus, and Jesus DID NOT TRY to get them back.

Most disciples DO STUMBLE OVER JESUS,  over God's Word,  and leave because either the cost is too high,  or they do not believe any longer that it is right to obey Jesus. So they leave Him.  They stumble over the requirements of staying - and the need to believe, to have faith, and to be obedient wholeheartedly to the Father with Joy and full willingness of heart and mind and soul.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I thought he said where would we (still present ones) go,  no one else has the words of eternal life.

My paraphase, but I think you got the point.

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Most disciples DO STUMBLE OVER JESUS,  over God's Word,  and leave because either the cost is too high,  or they do not believe any longer that it is right to obey Jesus. So they leave Him.  They stumble over the requirements of staying - and the need to believe, to have faith, and to be obedient wholeheartedly to the Father with Joy and full willingness of heart and mind and soul.

So, by your description the disciples following Jesus today are not born again, ...I'm a born again child of God, being discipled by the Holy Spirit that is living inside of me who has assured me He will never allow me to fall away and He will never leave or forsake me.

I think you know the multitude of verses that guarantee what I have stated above that I don't need to list them, ...besides if I did it would probably overload the server and slow the board down.

Lord bless 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/27/2019 at 2:09 PM, johnthebaptist said:

Sin is those actions we take that cause trouble. The Lord gave us commandments not to commit those actions. When we do, we experience the consequences of those actions. Salvation, I believe, is when the Lord steps in and rescues us from those consequences. He does that when we repent.

Really, so if you run a red light at speed and realise that the heavy truck coming through the green light is going to crush you and your car and you repent so God will stop the truck from crushing you. Is that what you believe? Because it is false.

Sin is disobedience to Gods law and has nothing to do with causing trouble.

jesus told us, if we lok at a girl and want to have sex with her. It is the same as if we did have sex with her. Sin is all about our thoughts and motives as well as our actions.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 minutes ago, Who me said:

Really, so if you run a red light at speed and realise that the heavy truck coming through the green light is going to crush you and your car and you repent so God will stop the truck from crushing you. Is that what you believe? Because it is false.

Sin is disobedience to Gods law and has nothing to do with causing trouble.

jesus told us, if we lok at a girl and want to have sex with her. It is the same as if we did have sex with her. Sin is all about our thoughts and motives as well as our actions.

I didn't say the Lord would stop the truck from hitting you, but dying and going to heaven isn't a bad thing, is it?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, Jostler said:

The other is a good foundation in the doctrines of "eternal judgement".

It is clear that in some of the English translations, there is eternal judgement, but in the Greek and Hebrew scriptures there are no eternal judgments. Study Owlam from Hebrew and Aion and Aionios from Greek, you will find that when it comes to God's judgments they are age lasting, but never eternal.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/27/2019 at 2:31 PM, Cletus said:

tomorrow is not promised and we have a lot of people still building on top of The Foundation with hay stubble and wood.  when fire tests these works/teachings the rewards thought incoming will be suffered as loss. 

You left out the most important part of the verse from 1 Cor 3:15 "but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

Those building with the inferior materials, inferior faith or no faith, will suffer lose, but will be saved.

Paul says that ALL Israel will be saved.

And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

From the one who had a part in the death of Jesus to the one who just did not believe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 1/10/2019 at 12:53 AM, alaric_w said:

What must we do to get the ticket to heaven?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast.

The ticket to heaven is a free-gift from God to whoever believe in Jesus and his finished work on the cross. It cannot be earn but can only be receive in humility. Since we cannot earn salvation, we cannot lose it.

What are rewards in heaven?

Matthew 10:42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.

Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me. Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

Matthew 6:1 Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it, because it is to be revealed with fire; and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. If any man’s work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire.

Rewards can only be earn. Every Christian will be judge and reward by Jesus based on their works. Every Christian will receive different level of rewards.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Rewards can be lost. God has predestined all Christians for good works. The amount of rewards that we earned is based on how much we submit ourselves to God to do the good works that he has prepared in advance for our entire lifetime.

Conclusion:

In heaven, there are good and bad Christians who are unequally rewarded.

In hell, no matter how good or great you are. You do not receive any reward. Only different severity of punishment.  

There are no "bad Christians" in heaven. Only born again Christians. Everyone is given a reward according to what they have done for the Lord while in their earthly bodies.