Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shilohsfoal

Not good

Recommended Posts

Just now, Isaacsname said:

 

I didn't find any laws Israel has against it, just organizations in Israel 

Did you have a link to an Israeli government website that states this ?

You can find it yourself.

I dont have all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shilohsfoal said:

You can find it yourself.

I dont have all day.

you mean this:

"Proselytizing is legal in the country and missionaries of all religious groups are allowed to proselytize all citizens; however, a 1977 law prohibits any person from offering material benefits as an inducement to conversion "

 

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Isaacsname said:

you mean this:

"Proselytizing is legal in the country and missionaries of all religious groups are allowed to proselytize all citizens; however, a 1977 law prohibits any person from offering material benefits as an inducement to conversion "

 

:)

 

Yes ,its illegay to give anyone a new testiment.

Its also illegal to,preach to children.Its also illegal to recieve a new testiment and convert.

 

Anything of any value such as a new testiment.

As of now that law has not been enforced but that can quickly change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Yes ,its illegay to give anyone a new testiment.

Its also illegal to,preach to children.Its also illegal to recieve a new testiment and convert.

 

Anything of any value such as a new testiment.

As of now that law has not been enforced but that can quickly change.

 

https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/irf/2010/148825.htm

 

there is no law against it, here's the full quote:

 

" Proselytizing is legal in the country and missionaries of all religious groups are allowed to proselytize all citizens; however, a 1977 law prohibits any person from offering material benefits as an inducement to conversion. It was also illegal to convert persons under 18 years of age unless one parent were an adherent of the religious group seeking to convert the minor. Despite the legality of proselytism, the government has taken a number of steps that encouraged the perception that proselytizing is against government policy. For example, the MOI has detained individuals suspected of being “missionaries,” and required of such persons bail and a pledge to abstain from missionary activity, in addition to refusing them entry into the country. It maintained denunciations of such activity from antimissionary groups like Yad L'Achim in its border control databases. The MOI has also cited proselytism as a reason to deny student, work, and religious visa extensions, as well as to deny permanent residency petitions. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) promised the Knesset in 1986 to refrain from all proselytism voluntarily in conjunction with receiving a building permit for its Jerusalem Center following protests from the Orthodox community.

Some ultra-Orthodox groups that proselytize secular Jews, encouraging them to adopt ultra-Orthodox practices and beliefs, enjoyed government funding. The Ministry of Education funded a special network of schools aimed at promoting Orthodox Judaism to non-Orthodox Jewish children, and funded other organizations that hold similarly motivated activities "

 

 

" Have you ever read Israels anti missionary laws? " ( You )

 

and these " anti-missionary laws " are what ?....where ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Isaacsname said:

 

https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/irf/2010/148825.htm

 

there is no law against it, here's the full quote:

 

" Proselytizing is legal in the country and missionaries of all religious groups are allowed to proselytize all citizens; however, a 1977 law prohibits any person from offering material benefits as an inducement to conversion. It was also illegal to convert persons under 18 years of age unless one parent were an adherent of the religious group seeking to convert the minor. Despite the legality of proselytism, the government has taken a number of steps that encouraged the perception that proselytizing is against government policy. For example, the MOI has detained individuals suspected of being “missionaries,” and required of such persons bail and a pledge to abstain from missionary activity, in addition to refusing them entry into the country. It maintained denunciations of such activity from antimissionary groups like Yad L'Achim in its border control databases. The MOI has also cited proselytism as a reason to deny student, work, and religious visa extensions, as well as to deny permanent residency petitions. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) promised the Knesset in 1986 to refrain from all proselytism voluntarily in conjunction with receiving a building permit for its Jerusalem Center following protests from the Orthodox community.

Some ultra-Orthodox groups that proselytize secular Jews, encouraging them to adopt ultra-Orthodox practices and beliefs, enjoyed government funding. The Ministry of Education funded a special network of schools aimed at promoting Orthodox Judaism to non-Orthodox Jewish children, and funded other organizations that hold similarly motivated activities "

 

 

" Have you ever read Israels anti missionary laws? " ( You )

 

and these " anti-missionary laws " are what ?....where ?

 

You just quoted that it is illegal to give anything of value (such as a new testiment )to anyone in an attempt to convert .

Yes im talking about that anti missionary law.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no laws on the books, we both know it, it's a discretionary action taken against zealots 

I know for a fact you couldn't cite Israeli law on this because none exists

Also, if you didn't have time to look something up, how is it you have time to argue about something  ?

lol, take care

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Isaacsname said:

There's no laws on the books, we both know it, it's a discretionary action taken against zealots 

I know for a fact you couldn't cite Israeli law on this because none exists

Also, if you didn't have time to look something up, how is it you have time to argue about something  ?

lol, take care

 

 

So you believe the 5738 law is not a law?

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/quotes/israeli-anti-missionary-law-5738

 

According to the US state department the law exists.

https://findit.state.gov/search?affiliate=dos_stategov&query=1977+anti+missionary+law

 

I understand some people are lazy and dont want to search for anything but its not that hard.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Just a note to everyone,   I reported this OP and asked George to give some input for us.....    He lives close to the main place the Haredi's are located.   He will know the details.

Oddly passing these laws might be their worst mistake for Christianity seems to grow more in areas where there is persecution...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spock said:

I think the Bible is clear...Israel will be protected UNTIL the abomination of desolation, and then they will have to flee to the mountains in Jordan. So yeah, no matter who gets elected in this election I do not believe will have any effect on their safety until the AOD. 

But is the Bible clear about when the abomination of desolation will occur, Mr Spock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...