Sign in to follow this  
Leyla

What would it take for you to leave your religion?

A religion is a man made set of rules and regulations, that they are told to follow, and this they are told... can lead to enlightenment, or nirvana.   So, "religion" is simply man's effort to become divine, or to reach God based on man's effort.

This is not Christianity.  Christianity is God coming to earth, dying on a cross, and taking you back into His Family.   He did it all for us.   Man is not included in the process except to receive what God has PROVIDED.

And in the case of a born again person, they can't undo being born again.   They can turn from their christian discipleship, and rejoin the world and again practice living in the flesh, but, this is not losing your salvation, as you can'tlose what God has RECREATED you to be by HIS SPIRIT.    You can only be a really bad "child of God" but a Child of God you will eternally remain.   

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

I am a Christian, and nothing will cause me to leave the faith.

• Praise God! 1

On 5/7/2019 at 5:05 PM, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

The man-made "Christian" religion I can take or leave. But my faith in God and in Messiah Jesus is unshakable. 

I've lived long enough and experienced too much to even question of lose my faith & hope in God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, Behold said:

A religion is a man made set of rules and regulations, that they are told to follow, and this they are told... can lead to enlightenment, or nirvana.   So, "religion" is simply man's effort to become divine, or to reach God based on man's effort.

This is not Christianity.  Christianity is God coming to earth, dying on a cross, and taking you back into His Family.   He did it all for us.   Man is not included in the process except to receive what God has PROVIDED.

And in the case of a born again person, they can't undo being born again.   They can turn from their christian discipleship, and rejoin the world and again practice living in the flesh, but, this is not losing your salvation, as you can'tlose what God has RECREATED you to be by HIS SPIRIT.    You can only be a really bad "child of God" but a Child of God you will eternally remain.   

We will all be judged by our deeds. If the deeds are carnal then we will suffer a great loss...less than what we have now.

God is righteous. He doesn't have pet disciples or favourites. He doesn't respect persons. If we listen and fear His words we will adjust our attitudes accordingly. It's about our actions and attitudes. A holy God is not a safe environment for sins...ever! They who teach such things are under a severe punishment which is soon to be revealed. There is a destiny for the religious and the hypocrites...which is to be naked and in darkness. Paul himself feared being a castaway. He was a teacher and therefore highly responsible for his walk before the Lord.

1 Cor 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

But few people these days have any fear of the Lord and therefore no wisdom. Many surprises both pleasant and unpleasant await the house of God on that day. Judgment begins at the house of God.

There are some fates worse than death. Jude speaks of they who abuse the grace of God...as being sent away into outer darkness for ever...away from the presence of God. If we are not seeking His presence in every area in our lives today...what makes us think that a righteous reward for a life lived in such slackness merits holiness in God's presence forever?

Of course many don't see merit as having any bearing on outcome for we who are born again. But if that was true we wouldn't be judged before the great tribunal of Christ (BEMA) and there would be no talk of rewards for people being faithful at different levels. There would be no talk of being cut-off from God either.

Edited by Pekoudah

Life is not worthy living without God in my life daily comforting and guiding me.  There would be no hope for the future without Him.   He is life and He is my light.  

Jhn 6:67  So Jesus said to the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?”   Jhn 6:68  Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,  Jhn 6:69 and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

On 5/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, Leyla said:

Im an ex muslim

Hi Leyla,

You say you are an exmuslim, ...but that's not enough, you have to make a choice, ...Jesus said:

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:  John 6:44

The fact that you saw the Light (Gen 1:3), and left Islam is proof the Father is drawing you to His Son Jesus Christ, you have been set free from that bondage, ...however, now the choice has been set before you in Whom you will follow, ...I have been through the same dilemma in my life, when my eyes were opened the enemy of our souls sent every possible distraction he could, ...I studied with the Jehovah Witnesses, the Mormons, the Buddhists, the Rosicrucians, New Age, but, there was always something missing, ...read again the above verse, Father is drawing you to His Son, Jesus, ...it was Jesus that was missing from all of those belief systems.

What you are actually experiencing is God removed the darkness that was blinding your mind:

But if our good news (the gospel) is veiled, it is veiled from those who are on the way to destruction:  Because the god of this world has made blind the minds of those who have not faith, so that the light of the good news of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, might not be shining on them 2 Cor 4:3, 4

Father, in His mercy and Grace has opened your eyes to the Light of the Good news which is the Glory of Christ, ...who is God, ...Leyla, ...do you believe Jesus, not allah, is God, ...the creator of the Heavens and the Earth?

If so, then that is more Light and Truth Father has revealed to you, that is the next question, the next step in the process of Father drawing you to His son, Jesus Christ, ...if not then ask Him, from your heart, to reveal it to you. 

Now then, if you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is God then you must open your heart to the Gospel message:

That Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures;  1 Cor 15:3, 4

We/you must believe in our hearts that we are sinners:

...as it is written: "There is none righteous, no not one; Romans 3:10

...for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

...For the wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23a

We/you must believe and have faith in the fact that Jesus died in our place on the Cross for our sins:

...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23b

For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8

If you understand this in your heart, then now is the time to make your choice to receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.  For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.  Rom 10:9, 10

It's that simple dear one, ...why not make the choice to receive Jesus into your heart and join us in the Family of God?

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 9:08 AM, Pekoudah said:

We will all be judged by our deeds. If the deeds are carnal then we will suffer a great loss...less than what we have now.

At the judgment (bema) seat of Christ, your life, as you lived it after you were saved, will be held up to the standard of Christ.   In other words.. "what did you do in my BODY, after you were saved"........= all that we have done....for Christ, after we are saved, will be examined, and rewarded, or cast away as "wood, hay, and stubble".

And how will God, (Jesus) evaluate our deeds?  He will evaluate them based on MOTIVE........"God knows the thoughts and INTENTS of the HEART".......>He reads our thoughts., He knows our reason for doing what we do.

For example, am i on this forum to listen to myself try to sound impressive?  Am i trying to make people think i know a lot, and have them admire me?   Is that why i am here?

Is this why you are here, reader?   because God knows your HEART and your MOTIVES< for why you are on Christian forums.....so, you keep that in your mind.

So, our Christian discipleship, ....this is going to be evaluated when we meet the Lord,   based on why. we did it......our MOTIVE>

But what wont be evaluated is our SIN....as this is all forgiven.   We will never be judged in heaven for our SIN, as Christ has already been judged for it ALL, on EARTH.

This is Salvation.

This is OSAS.

Edited by Behold

On 5/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, Leyla said:

obviously, if you have  a false religion, you should leave it. But how does one know it is false? 

if it teaches there is no hell (JWs) it is false

if it teaches you don't have to do good works to get to Heaven, it is false (the Bible, which i have read both Old and New T, says we are judged according to our deeds

if it teaches some are destined for hell from birth and others are destined for heaven and there is nothing we can do about it, it is false. 

if it teaches you can earn your way to Heaven and being in Christ doesn't matter, it is false

etc

On 5/7/2019 at 5:05 PM, Leyla said:

The Lord already proved to me his way is the right way. He solves all my problems for me. That's a good start.

• Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this