Jump to content
Leyla

What would it take for you to leave your religion?

Recommended Posts

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had many experiences to help me know that everything is true. I'm not going to talk about them now.  So nothing can change my mind. I encourage you to ask God matter what you want to call him to do the same for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I've had many experiences to help me know that everything is true. I'm not going to talk about them now.  So nothing can change my mind. I encourage you to ask God matter what you want to call him to do the same for you.

Is saying that nothing can change your mind, something good or is it something dangerous?  Im an ex muslim and the question " what would it take for you to leave your religion? " was my biggest help in leaving something that I consider to be wrong now.  My answers to that question were a flawed holy book, unreasonable  teachings/believes and a lack of proof. If I never questioned these things, then I would have never come so close to christianity, something you strongly assume to be right. What I dont understand is, why we should stop at christianity. We have to always consider the possibility of being wrong. If we dont question everything then we will be stuck with the lies that we are born with forever.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Somebody would have to rip my spirit and soul out of my body.It ain’t gonna happen.How much money would it take for you to hate your kids? It’s kinda like that.There is no price. It can’t happen.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leyla said:

Is saying that nothing can change your mind, something good or is it something dangerous?  Im an ex muslim and the question " what would it take for you to leave your religion? " was my biggest help in leaving something that I consider to be wrong now.  My answers to that question were a flawed holy book, unreasonable  teachings/believes and a lack of proof. If I never questioned these things, then I would have never come so close to christianity, something you strongly assume to be right. What I dont understand is, why we should stop at christianity. We have to always consider the possibility of being wrong. If we dont question everything then we will be stuck with the lies that we are born with forever.

Hi Leyla,

If a person has a flawed belief system, truth will reveal the flaws and change the mind, but more importantly the heart.  I'm so happy that you were able to see flaws in what others considered to be a holy book and made the effort to find answers to your questions--even happier that your searching led you to your Savior.  I think it's the heart change that makes the difference in distinguishing the the truth from lies, the presence of the Holy Spirit.  I don't know what was in your heart before Jesus, but I know what's in there now if you've really found Him.  "When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come" (John 16:13).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

A quick bit of background on me.  Mid-50s, PhD in physics, career as an applied scientist and analyst, Christian since I was 11.

1. Proof or at least a plausible explanation why the the physical universe is all that exists.

2. A clear physical or psychological explanation of things I've observed in life that run counter to the normal operation of the world around us.  One example is that I was at church one day and felt a strong compulsion to go up and have the preacher pray for me.  I didn't have anything in particular in mind but went up anyway.  He prayed a generic prayer without any specific details I can recall.  In that instant, a couple phobias and an addiction vanished.  I didn't think that was possible.  I've observed other out of the ordinary such things and heard similar stories related to me by other people that I consider credible.

3. An explanation of how free-will and meaning (in contrast to meaninglessness) could exist outside of what my understanding is the unique part of Christianity of an infinite-personal God and our dual physical/spiritual relation with this God.  As far as I can tell, all other views on God and the universe end up as some sort of determinism or fatalism or meaningless chaos.

4. A coherent alternative explanation to the above things that is ultimately simpler and more credible.

This is a quick off-the-top-of-my-head post.

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leyla said:

Im an ex muslim

Now I am understanding all the questions of our faith, and why you still seem to have doubts about it. 

2 hours ago, Leyla said:

I would have never come so close to christianity, something you strongly assume to be right.

It would really thrill my heart to see you come to accept Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. 

2 hours ago, Leyla said:

why we should stop at christianity. We have to always consider the possibility of being wrong.

I have no other interest in any other beliefs. If I'm wrong, I don't want to be right! ( just a saying ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leyla said:

Hello, what would it take for you to leave your religion? What kind of evidence or other things do you need for that?

I don't have a "religion" I have a daily "relationship" with God. I would never leave God no matter what. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...