• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:41 AM, Pekoudah said:

Now salvation isn't what it used to be. It used to be where Jesus wasn't worried about being "accepted" by people.

The correlation between believing on the Name of Christ and receiving Him is important to be aware of because this is God's Will. Certainly Jesus doesn't need anyone's approval, but He ministers with His Heavenly Father's approval, and this causes the spiritually blind authoritarian Pharisees and Sadducees to hate Him. I take the point of the OP though, that a "user friendly" Jesus is being marketed to the masses in some quarters.

Joh 1:10-13
(10)  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11)  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12)  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13)  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Betha said:

I very much agree with that, but please don't think that Christ is LAWLESS nor as Jesus when in the flesh....He kept His Fathers Commandments, should not we ? 

Jesus also walked on water......One can find me doing that the same day I keep the Commandments.Nobody even obeys the most important Commandment, which is to love God with all our hearts, souls and minds.I don’t. you don’t. Only Jesus did.The Law was given to “ shut our mouths”, to show us the need for a Saviour. 3500 years later.....some won’t shut up about the “ weak” Law and turn to the “ Power” that the Gospel contains that will save those who simply believe it.God has blessed us by allowing us to live in this fantastic Age of Grace, yet so many want to be put back under the Law.For the  love of Pete— READ GALATIONS !!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus also walked on water......One can find me doing that the same day I keep the Commandments.Nobody even obeys the most important Commandment, which is to love God with all our hearts, souls and minds.I don’t. you don’t. Only Jesus did.The Law was given to “ shut our mouths”, to show us the need for a Saviour. 3500 years later.....some won’t shut up about the “ weak” Law and turn to the “ Power” that the Gospel contains that will save those who simply believe it.God has blessed us by allowing us to live in this fantastic Age of Grace, yet so many want to be put back under the Law.For the  love of Pete— READ GALATIONS !!!

Yes, the Law was the childminder of the Jews until they came of age with the finished work of Christ and His fulfillment of the obligations of the Law on behalf of sinful humanity. The amazing thing about being supplied the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ is that it also empowers us to fulfill His purpose, Paul being a prime example of this after his Damascus Road encounter.

1Co 15:10
(10)  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

31 minutes ago, Betha said:

I agree the Bible is not hogwash....so why do you ignore the scriptures I gave you ?

We are to worship God in SPIRIT and TRUTH, since when is honouring God's Word in mind and heart 'filthy rags ? perhaps you are still thinking of all the OT observances that were commanded ? Not so today !

I did not ignore anything on purpose.....what would you like me to clear up? Just out of curiosity , what does one have to do to be saved and stay saved? Thanking you in advance.....happy M other’s day, if you are a mother!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Betha said:

Galations was written by man...the Commandments were written by GOD !

What do you mean by "Galations was written by man".    Here in the scripture below it says the following.  Does that not equate it as all of God word .

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This clears up things nicely. Thank you for posting it. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

7 hours ago, Betha said:

Thank you for asking for more clarification, it's important to know which law, since there were many. As I had already referred to the Commandments in my post I was hoping people would 'pick up on them...but I'll make it more plain, I mean the 10 which also include the 7th day Sabbath.

The 10 Coms are a complete law in themselves specially given by God personally to the People to which were added NO more Deut 5 (22) Ex 20v1-18 - all other commands of ordinances and works were given through Moses since they were not spiritual and eternal and ended on the cross. 

There is a difference between God's 10 Holy/Eternal Coms stil lvalid today Rom7 and the hundreds of temporary works coms/laws that could never save us. 

Christians are not taught this difference and vital Truth , having been infiltrated by UNgodly men bringing error and lies into it to destroy them = starting with Yashua and His chosen Apostles and Saints....all killed to stop Truth reaching a deceived world. But GOD's WORD WILL STAND !

I know you mean well for men to strive for Holiness and to live pleasing to God, which every man should.   The law was to hard for the Israelite to keep as they relied on the works of it rather than Abraham who had faith in God, not saying that Abraham did not keep the law, but it was his faith that was counted for his righteousness.   See if the following verses make sense, also Galatians chapter 3 approximates the same thing.  It is not the focus on the Law, but it is the believer  faith in Christ and foremost the grace of God which justifies a man.  You are right, the Law is not done away with, but it is not the focus of our righteousness with God.

Also, we have to understand the word "sanctification" and it's relations to a believer. Here is an explanation of it in the link below.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/sanctification/

Romans 9 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles who did not follow after righteousness [who did not seek salvation by right relationship to God] have attained it by faith [a righteousness imputed by God, based on and produced by faith],

31 Whereas Israel, though ever in pursuit of a law [for the securing] of righteousness (right standing with God), actually did not succeed in fulfilling the Law.

32 For what reason? Because [they pursued it] not through faith, relying [instead] on the merit of their works [they did not depend on faith but on what they could do]. They have stumbled over the Stumbling Stone.

33 As it is written, Behold I am laying in Zion a Stone that will make men stumble, a Rock that will make them fall; but he who believes in Him [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] shall not be put to shame nor be disappointed in his expectations.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yes sure that is so, but when people read something that Paul says to mean different to what GOD says then there is HUMAN reasoning at work and not coming from God.

Not saying PAUL was wrong but that he was only a man and not God and therefore may not always have expresses himself clearly/perfectly....especially when it came to LAW. HE was a top Lawyer and knew it inside out but gentiles/christians who had never had anything to do with God's Law had a problem with it unless it was spoonfed to them in great detail....and churches today who are not teaching the truth have no way of explaining it....all because of DISOBEDIENCE. It got Adam and Eve into trouble and the whole world into deception. Rev 12v9.

GRACE giving the NEW MAN a chance to start afresh has to go back to the FOUNDATIONAL PRINCIPLES of GOD to even understand the SON of GOD who is His Express Image Heb 1.even from a Baby. Christians have been duped into starting with a resurrected Jesus introduced to us by a pagan church. They can not give us/teach us what they themselves have never had...hence all the confusion and deception ! 

So men are in grave danger when reading scripture and believing only what they think makes sense to them.   Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ and whatever he wrote was not of his own will as he was ordained to speak  as a man of God.   Did you not believe the situation when Paul was on the road to Damascus ?.  He was chosen, what does that mean.  You said above " Not saying PAUL was wrong but that he was only a man and not God and therefore may not always have expresses himself clearly/perfectly....especially when it came to LAW".

You can take Paul's word as the word of God itself.  Listen below.

Acts 9 King James Version (KJV)

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

May I ask and if you care to then, let me know if you are affiliated with a denomination church as I want to know their statement of beliefs so as to get a better understanding of their teachings.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If we “ deserve” Grace, as you say, I am sorry but that ain’t Grace......Grace is “ undeserved , unmerited favor and it is not fair as the human mind perceives these things.....

Since my heart circumcision,my desire for sinning rapidly falls by the wayside.....I have the same desire for a sin license as I do for a license to take a razor and slice off my lips .No thanks.....I would have paid big bucks for that sin license before I became born again.....As a New Creation in Christ—-  Give it to somebody who can use it, somebody under the control of the god of this world.....that guy ain’t me anymore .The license that I DO have is a license to rest.I rest in the finished work of the Cross.If one is not resting — they are working.That is unbelief.Those “ trying to be saved” are lost unless they learn how to “ trust to be saved”

Grace is the fact that we will always be sinners until we finally meet our Lord and Maker.  Grace is the transition while becoming more like Yeshua (if that is actually possible), it awards us the security based upon the condition that we are subjecting our flesh to death in order to conquer the desire to sin.

But if we conclude that as a sinner, who is going to fail, and still continues to be rewarded by Grace, we have manipulated Grace to a license to sin justifying each sin committed to being under Grace.

Now we have become legalistic.

Some preach if you sin, there is no reason to seek forgiveness because of Grace.

Man seems to always find a way to be comforted, even while living an outright lie!!

1 hour ago, childoftheking said:

Grace is the fact that we will always be sinners until we finally meet our Lord and Maker.  Grace is the transition while becoming more like Yeshua (if that is actually possible), it awards us the security based upon the condition that we are subjecting our flesh to death in order to conquer the desire to sin.

But if we conclude that as a sinner, who is going to fail, and still continues to be rewarded by Grace, we have manipulated Grace to a license to sin justifying each sin committed to being under Grace.

Now we have become legalistic.

Some preach if you sin, there is no reason to seek forgiveness because of Grace.

Man seems to always find a way to be comforted, even while living an outright lie!!

You seem to misunderstand what Grace is .  You said in your quote " grace is the transition while becoming more like Yeshua".  No, that is sanctification. 

Grace is the unmerited favor of God, meaning that you are forgiven even if you deserved death.    You are save by grace, through faith, it is the gift of God.

We cannot manipulate grace.  When the believer sin as he is still human, the grace of repentance is available to him as for sincere coming before God to be forgiven of those sin that we may and will commit from time to time.   The believer is forgiven of the sin of his unbelief when he first comes to salvation and his assurance of his entering the eternal presence of the Lord is understood.   But, while on earth here in these flesh and bones and since we are not perfect, sin would be in our pathways and though we strive not to engage in it, we sometime would have occurrence of it.  If, not, then tell me of a man who is perfect and does not sin.    

Those who preach if you sin and has no reason to seek forgiveness, has not read the bible and understood why we need to clear our conscience when we commit sin as it will be there to remind us all the time and we are accountable to the Lord as our standard and judge.

Your last statement is only for a man who ignores the word and is in essence fooling himself.

Hebrews 10:10    demonstrates our episode of sin, salvation and repentance.   The whole chapter should be read and absorbed as a whole.

Hebrews 10 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

14 For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed andperfected those who are consecrated and made holy.

15 And also the Holy Spirit adds His testimony to us [in confirmation of this]. For having said,

16 This is the agreement (testament, covenant) that I will set up andconclude with them after those days, says the Lord: I will imprint My laws upon their hearts, and I will inscribe them on their minds (on their inmost thoughts and understanding),

17 He then goes on to say, And their sins and their lawbreaking I will remember no more.

Hebrews 10 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

26 For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward].

27 [There is nothing left for us then] but a kind of awful and fearful prospect and expectation of divine judgment and the fury of burning wrath and indignation which will consume those who put themselves in opposition [to God].

39 But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery (perdition) and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe [who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah] and by faith preserve the soul.