• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, nzkev said:

So are you saying we have to sin no more to be forgiven?, you set an impossible standard anyway? Do you actually understand what sin is?

Nobody can live in sinless perfection.  We will have sinful thoughts or get angry and sin without meaning to.  At the same time, nobody has to commit premeditated, willful sins, ever.  Those are the sins not automatically under the blood.  You must repent of them, provided you get the chance, to have them removed, and they can cause you to lose your salvation.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into this, 

If God requires us to ask Him for forgiveness before He will forgive us, is Jesus teaching us we have to forgive the other person before they come to us and ask for us to forgive them, ...is He asking us to do something He Himself doesn't do? 

I don't believe we are required to forgive people that don't ask us to, but if they do, we must forgive 70 times 7.  It is the same standard for God and man in this instance.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/11/2019 at 9:37 PM, nzkev said:

I really like  your perspective and your discussion friend , how do you obtain salvation?

My friend, it is simple, I accept'd Jesus Christ as my  Lord n Savior n repent'd of my sins!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/10/2019 at 9:41 AM, Pekoudah said:

I like the Yogi Berra quote...."the future ain't what it used to be"

(I like the practical nature of honesty...even with a tinge of humour. :))

Now salvation isn't what it used to be. It used to be where Jesus wasn't worried about being "accepted" by people.

John 5:41 "I am not looking for human praise."

But with all the people mercifully accepting Jesus...does this make Him feel more accepted? Does it improve the divine self-esteem? Or is God not like us. Is God worried about what people will think? Or is that us projecting our own neurosis on God?

The truth has been inverted so that people can get with it. I say inverted....not just subtly changed. The whole purpose has gone from serving God and His will to serving men and their will. This is the modern approach. It's about respect. Respect of persons. It used to be that God was not a respecter of persons. But now God has no choice. If we call ourselves Christians...then that belief behooves God to give us everything we want. We can't help but have a rosy future. Our own beliefs dictate that.

Enter subjective assurance. You are what you believe you are. It used to be that God had a say in things...but that was before grace (or our understanding of grace) took judgment out of the hands of God.

In modern society people ask "what is YOUR truth." Does truth vary with opinion? It used to be where people submitted to the truth. Did I mention that grace is a substitute for truth in today's society...and the church which fully immersed in it...and is happy following it?

If this grouping of philosophy is what your church preaches, I think you need to change churches. It's certainly not what mine teaches, though I've heard of some churches flirting with some of this stuff. God's word endures, and we do actually increase in knowledge (e.g. the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls). So I do believe interpretations get clarified. e.g. the turn or burn message is taking a beating right now, and well it should. http://www.jewishnotgreek.com/