• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Key words being...... “ GO THROUGH”

And going right alone with it....  It - came - to - pass!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Baggage of life....good gravy!!!  I've got the whole entire Samsonite collection - the carry on, the rolling piece, the overnight bag, the mammoth size suitcase, the junior size suitcase, and the garment bag. :soapbox:

I still struggle with toting it around.  I still struggle with feeling like I don't deserve to be baggage free, feeling like God just isn't interested some days, and the variety of trust issues I have.

There's knowing what to do and then there's knowing how to do it.

All that, plus sometimes people get so used to carrying all that stuff that they are scared to feel what it feels like NOT carrying it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

21 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Baggage of life....good gravy!!!  I've got the whole entire Samsonite collection - the carry on, the rolling piece, the overnight bag, the mammoth size suitcase, the junior size suitcase, and the garment bag. :soapbox:

This is an epic statement! Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

@Jayne :laugh:You've given me my chuckle for the day... I hear ya. You've said a mouthful.

But, you make some seriously good points in your post.

Edited by turtletwo
added
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Life is a roller coaster - sometimes the load is lighter than at other times, sometimes uphill, sometimes downhill.

After I've thrown a particularly large piece of luggage out of the cart, I feel like I am baggage free for a while. Like I am very wise now and can handle so much more of life than I used to be able to. But then along comes the next tough lesson and I realise I'm still an itty bitty human all fragile and broken and in need of a Savior 24/7, week in and week out. 

My favorite friends are not baggage-free, just baggage-aware and working on it.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

23 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We all carry baggage and unresolved issues. Have you gotten God involved in your baggage? Some leave Him out of the loop. Have you prayed to Him lately about your baggage?

It's not that God has got me away from those troubles/baggage,
He has took me
through them.
They
had a purpose.
Yes. Terrible as some were.

We decide. Submit to old false data/programming, or, as brand new creatures,
believe we can (really) do all things in Christ, and abide in Christ.

2Co 5:17
  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 2;20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (see below)

‘Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.’
The purpose, freedom from the old man, and eternity with God.

There's victory in Jesus. My Savior, forever!...........

Morbid introspection of past is unwise.  but;

Phil 4;8  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before"

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

55 minutes ago, Sower said:

It's not that God has got me away from those troubles/baggage,
He has took me
through them.
They
had a purpose.
Yes. Terrible as some were.

We decide. Submit to old false data/programming, or, as brand new creatures,
believe we can (really) do all things in Christ, and abide in Christ.

2Co 5:17
  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 2;20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (see below)

‘Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.’
The purpose, freedom from the old man, and eternity with God.

There's victory in Jesus. My Savior, forever!...........

Morbid introspection of past is unwise.  but;

Phil 4;8  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before"

That's right , GARY ,   that is right ,  NOW PUT those hands up and PRAISE the LORD .  YESTERDAY is GONE .  TODAY IS THE DAY WE SHALL PRAISE THE LORD

and FOLLOW HIM and NEVER LOOK back .     HANDS up gary ,    you know the drill,    hands up and PRAISE THE LORD .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

Didn't Jesus tell us:

Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Mat 18:3

The meaning of the word children is an infant, ...with that in mind, ...do we as parents allow infants to carry baggage?

It's not for us to carry our baggage, ...Jesus already took it upon Himself 2000 years ago on the Cross, ...now it's the work of the Holy Spirit to make us aware of it so that we can give it to Jesus, ask Him to take it from us, ...we do that by reading Gal 5:19 and ask Him to reveal to us what He wants to take from us and replace it with His Agape Love manifested in/through our lives as, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, ...it's referred to as Sanctification, ...the working out of our predestination Father planned for us before the foundation of the world, ...to be conformed into the image of His Blessed Son. 

Ezekiel prophesied about it:

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  Eze 36:26 

We are given a new heart, ...isn't in our heart where we carry the baggage, ...so what place is there for our old baggage in our new heart?

Then the second part of the prophecy:

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Eze 36:27

After Father has prepared us with a new heart and a new spirit, making us a Temple fit/worthy for the Holy Spirit to dwell in:

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  1 Cor 3:19

...then Father will put the Holy Spirit inside of the Temple that has been prepared for Him, ...unfortunately there are not many of His kids that know, understand or have even been taught this Truth/Fact, so the Holy Spirit rests dormant within them, ...just waiting to be called on/allowed to perform His work, ...taking away the old baggage and conforming us into the image of our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ. 

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

All that, plus sometimes people get so used to carrying all that stuff that they are scared to feel what it feels like NOT carrying it.

Don't you dare take my security baggage away from me, it's part of my identity! I don't know how to be without it! :42::red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, missmuffet said:

We all carry baggage and unresolved issues. Have you gotten God involved in your baggage? Some leave Him out of the loop. Have you prayed to Him lately about your baggage?

Give thanks to God for all things as all things work together for good for those that believe on the Lord.