IGNORED

Am I wrong to disown my friend for abortion?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/24/2019 at 1:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

In my opinion, the only justification for abortion is if the mother's life is in danger because of the pregnancy, or if the pregnancy is the result of rape. I think you are justified keeping your friend at a distance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

My dearest friend informed me exactly one week ago that about a year ago she had an abortion behind her husbands back as she didn’t want another baby. She was upset. The baby was 6 weeks old. She murdered a six week old child and I can’t even look at her. Never mind the lies she told her poor husband, I just cannot believe her actions.

Is it wrong that I feel like I need to cut her out of my life now? We have been friends for over 10 years but my husband agrees that we shouldn’t be associating with a woman that murdered her unborn baby. 

I just wanted some advice to be sure my feelings were reasonable and I was doing the right thing. 

Thank you

Depends on the details. As we get older it is normal to leave friends. Let's be honest, we all have friends we picked up in grade school, college, etc. and we no longer have anything in common. Maybe you both were drinking buddies and you moved on to adulthood while they are still doing what they did when they were 20. I'm 65 and I've lost contact with a lot of friends by choice. It's perfectly OK. It's actually healthy. 

But her getting an abortion is just a single act. Her attitude about it is the deciding factor. If she admits that she would do it again, I might consider moving on. I have acquaintences who have had multiple abortions. But none of them now think they did the right thing. One even gave anti-abortion presentations at schools afterward. 

Bottom line is, it is not whether or not she got an abortion that may be the problem. It is her take on it now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 5/31/2019 at 9:28 AM, enoob57 said:

the major premise of your post is God confined by His own creation and that simply is not so! The rest is humanism's plea to design a god acceptable to the mind....

It is not God that is confined by creation.  It is man.  

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; - Genesis 6:3a

Man is subject to his own nature contained within birth life and death.   Death is the cessation of all things of the body as well as the spirit within.  The nature of man is to die.  

The Bible uses simple words to convey intrinsic truth.

Truth is that which is consistent with what is.

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light” - 1 Tim 6:16

The Bible is quite clear about the nature of both God and man.   ONLY God is immortal.  ONLY God cannot be touched but death.  If you do not accept the Word of God, then go to the cemetery.  Everyone there is dead.

The problem is that the simple meaning of words must be perverted so as to convey a different meaning - a meaning other than a truthful one.   

The TRUTH is that men die.  The EVIDENCE for that is in every cemetery established since Eden's fall.  Twisting words to convey a different meaning is neither efficacious nor respectful of God.  It is the domain of the opposer - that which is called satan and the devil.   Those who choose to follow its lies do not escape their destiny - the Second Death, permanent extinction of the human spirit.

This being said, it ought not be forgotten that God has chosen to dispense His immortality to a few humans.   It is given to those who repent of their sin and ask forgiveness based upon the blood shed by Jesus Christ upon the cross.   God recognizes ONLY this sort of petition for mercy and will grant immortal life, also called the Second Birth, to those who ask for it.   It is not automatically granted to everyone because it isn't part of the human condition or human nature.  

For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life? - Job 27:8

God kills.

God does not torture.  There is no hell.  There IS permanent dissolution, extinction, annihilation and cremation of the human spirit at the point of physical death.

God gives life to the penitent, NOT to the godless the proud and the arrogant, NOT to those who either refuse or neglect to ask for it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, Marylovesjesus998 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

I would, especially if she isn't remorseful.  That is horrible!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, johnthebaptist said:

In my opinion, the only justification for abortion is if the mother's life is in danger because of the pregnancy, or if the pregnancy is the result of rape. I think you are justified keeping your friend at a distance.

Why would rape justify killing a baby?

8 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

We don't know when life begins. We do know that a woman who has been raped did not enter her pregnancy willingly. She has rights, also.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

We don't know when life begins. We do know that a woman who has been raped did not enter her pregnancy willingly. She has rights, also.

Yes we do know when life begins.  Read Jeremiah 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

9 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

According to national statistics LESS THAN 1% of abortions may be justified by rape, defect, accident or to save the life of the mother. (abortionfacts.com)

This means that over 99% of abortions are performed as birth control - AS CONVENIENCE.

Americans are murdering their children wholesale simply because they don't want to be responsible for an irresponsible act of sexual encounter.

I submit that a Christian doesn't need to decide whether or not they will continue to befriend one who murders her own baby.   Simply reminding her of her sin will result in her either repenting of sin or excluding the Christian from her circle of friends.   One may hope that the murderer will repent, seek Christ and change her life.   Christ can heal, but not if sin is denied.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Edited by choir loft
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

Yes we do know when life begins.  Read Jeremiah 1.

I've already read it.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

I've already read it.

Then you already knew better.