Last Daze

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Things Paul did not say: “Some rebellious Christians do their own thing on Sabbath, and there will be consequences, but I’m going to dismiss it in my letters and say nothing as they approach their doom.”

That is a Grade A spin on Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

And then there is that pesky Sabbath thing. ;)

I think homosexual ACTS are a sin, just as I think adultery is a sin. Beyond that, they are both temptations, depending on who you are. 

i.e. I think we agree.

I think you may be right...    

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

57 minutes ago, Betha said:

Please read scriptures with discernment. Paul never said that WE (true  followers) can pick and choose what to do...he said that SOMEpeople were...but WE should follow HIM as he followed Christ 1 Cor 11. Did JESUS keep the Sabbath ? did Paul ? should WE ? your choice ! 

John 5:15-18
 15 The man went away, and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. 16 And for this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. 17 But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."  18 For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. 
NASB
Actually Jesus broke the Sabbath Law, and openly admitted it.....    also said the Father was doing the same

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  727
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1959

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Not sure why that's so difficult for some.  If they want to observe a specific day, fine.  If they consider all days alike, fine.

• Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.  One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.  He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.  Romans 14:4-6

Amen. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

58 minutes ago, Betha said:

Please read scriptures with discernment. Paul never said that WE (true  followers) can pick and choose what to do...he said that SOMEpeople were...but WE should follow HIM as he followed Christ 1 Cor 11. Did JESUS keep the Sabbath ? did Paul ? should WE ? your choice ! 

• “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”  Acts 15:28-29

The Sabbath is curiously absent.  Farewell.

1 minute ago, Last Daze said:
  • “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials: that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”  Acts 15:28-29

The Sabbath is curiously absent.  Farewell.

Well that’s curious... it’s almost as if Paul hammered on idol worship and sexual sins in the majority of his letters... what a coincidence...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, nobleseed said:

another one is where people think the angel of the Lord was some pre incarnation of Jesus.  Hebrews rules this out from the outset and i am sure the angel of the Lord was melchizedek before it became gabrielle 

Sorry, but you are incorrect. There are many occurrences in the Tanach where Yeshua can actually be seen with Ya. Until the second century, Israelis taught the 'second person'. Read all about it and refer to Psalm 82, Deut. 32, and many more places in the scripture. You have to have a good understanding of Yahweh's name and Elohim (singular and plural) in Hebrew and Aramaic. There is plenty of evidence available, but you will NOT get it from the pulpit generally and seminarians are often taught an easy watered down edition of truth that sells.

Melchizedek NEVER became Gabriel. Gabriel was there at the beginning. Things like that are patently untrue.

Edited by Justin Adams

Melchizedek became Gabriel and this was God’s ambassador on earth before Jesus was born? My oh my, how far Christian theology has fallen these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

35 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

Boy howdy, I'll say... :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

In these times I am seein' allota churches changin' so people don't have to. What I mean is sin, wrath n glory are not being talk'd bout in churches as they should on the chance of offendin' folks. This is leadin' to the acceptance of life styles not condoned in the bible, idolitry such as in the health n wealth sector, more self than selfless individually n so on. Seems to me the Deceiver is havin' a field day with the modern church, especially those with no church doctrine.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1