Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,039
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,446
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

July 4th....At 10:33 this morning, an earthquake happened.   Slight swaying at first, then started to grow in intensity.   I kept wondering if it was going to get  bigger as we are always told to expect a large earthquake.    We are 100 years late in getting a big one.

Thanking the Lord Jesus, that the one today didn't last very long for us in Los Angeles.  It was, however, a large quake...6.4 at the epicenter of Ridgecrest, CA.   Alot of damage there, including a house destroyed by fire, stuff thrown around onto floors in stores, apartments and homes..   Ceiling tiles fell down in their city hall.  A hospital was evacuated.   They have no power and it is 100 degrees there!

There have been dozens of aftershocks and all of the TV stations have been covering the earthquake since it happened.

I experienced the 6.6 earthquake in 1994...it was extremely scary as the epicenter was much closer to us, in the Valley area of Los Angeles.

• Praying! 5

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.84
  • Days Won:  64

I Praise God you are ok.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,554
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

Not to make lite of the earthquake, as I'm just as concerned as everyone else. I like on the bank of the New Madrid Fault line. We are told in scripture to expect an increase in the number and intensity of earthquakes in divers (various) places. And the USGS statistics are proving that out over the last decade. Fortunately for you, me and all of us, the 6.6 was just an attention grabber. Believe me I know, it's scary and unnerving. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.84
  • Days Won:  64

I have been though a 7.1 but as it was not that close .. was not too bad but very scary... some people died but not near me.  

• Loved it! 1

21 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

I have been though a 7.1 but as it was not that close .. was not too bad but very scary... some people died but not near me.  

Oh my, a 7.1....that is a really bad one!!   Was that in Alaska?   I have a friend who went through the big one in Alaska and she said some people on her street couldn't get out of their homes.   Their homes had sunk totally into the ground!

The 6.6 we had in 1994 caused a freeway overpass to collapse.   Also an apartment building like we live in collapsed like a pancake on top of other floors.   That was the epicenter.   In our area, plate glass windows broke and I found rock-like pieces from a historic building on the ground.

After that quake we were saying, "We are going to leave California!" But somehow, we never did.

11 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

So sorry, Deb.  I can only imagine how scary an earthquake must be.  Take care, and may God bless you and everyone there. 

:emot-heartbeat:

The big ones are very scary.   The small ones don't bother us.   The only thing is that you don't know if it will keep getting bigger when it strikes.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  5

I was in a small one many years ago....creepy..... I will never forget the absolute feeling of helplessness....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

One night while in chat, I felt (and heard) a 4.1 and 20 minutes later a 4.0. 

I was not amused. I thought I was going crazy. I never knew quakes made so much noise. It sounded like a pack of great danes running through my house right past me.

The californians in chat were laughing at me. That magnitude is nothing for them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I heard for every point higher on the Richter scale, that the intensity of the quake is 100 times more!:13:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  5

You Californians need to move! Come to the glorious MidWest where all you have to worry about is tornados ....I was in an F 5 back in 1968........7 people killed in the small town in which I live.......You are still welcome to come here!! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  16

man....IMO if anyone lives in California without a SPECIFIC command from God Himself telling them His  desire  is for them to be there, they should be praying....and packing.

I've begged to leave, i hate this place....and He's said no.  I'm content with  that, but the minute He  releases me I'm outta here :) .   He's not going to  though...i know  why  I'm here. 

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2