LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

This is a true story meant to be humorist. Or at less I try to find the humor in it. :)

It is story time all! Another holiday with my mother in law!  We have to laugh so we don't cry. I went to my mother in law's house for the 4th of July. Here is what happen.  It started with the grill. I was going to be grilling hamburgers.  My mother in law seem to not understand that you have to heat the grill up first. She got all on my case because I had not put the hamburgers on the grill yet and was complaining  the potatoes were going to be done soon.  I tried to explain I have to wait till the grill is hot and that I am watching the temp on  it. She just kept lifting the lid off on the grill   saying "your the one who is suppose to be doing the grill I am not doing it!"  Then she ran off into the house all mad because I had not put the hamburgers on the grill yet saying something about  potatoes.   Once the grill reached the right temp I put the hamburgers on.  I offered hamburgers to everyone but my mother in law did not want one and wanted to grill up slice ham instead for herself. My sister in law who was there, told me that mother will not eat stuff that other people make. So whatever I guess.  Mother can have her sliced ham while rest of us eat the hamburgers.  They were good hamburgers.  After we ate, we were sitting around and we heard music up the street.  It was the ice cream truck!:clap:  We all yelled ice cream truck and ran to the street! My mother in law yelled after  us "your acting little kids" !  I guess she didn't want any ice cream.  So I got ice cream, my daughter got ice cream! It was fun.  When we got back to the garage with our ice cream, my daughter's ice cream had started to drip a little. My mother in law sat there and started harping on my daughter about her ice cream dripping. Well the harping about dripping ice cream  went on until the ice cream was ate. So we sat around again and me and my sister in law started talking about moves. She then decided she wanted to come over to my place to watch a movie. But my sister in law (who is 49 years old) was afraid to tell her mother that she was going to my house to watch a movie. She kept whispering to me "you tell her for me I don't want to tell her I'm leaving with you."  To which I said, "girl you are a grown women. You are allowed to leave the house!" I guess she was afraid of making her mother mad. :73_73:  It was about this time that my mother in law started jumping on my sister in law(her daughter) about sweeping the garage floor.  Well I sat and watched while the two of them ended up in an argument over sweeping the garage floor and then decided that this maybe a good time to leave.   So I stood up and announced that we were going to go and that Beth( my sister in law) was going to come over to our place and watch a movie. That seem to put an end to the sweeping the garage floor argument.  The End! :laugh:

So there you are folks! Another holiday with mother in law.  :10:

Edited by LadyKay
  • Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

@LadyKay , This is an all too familiar story. I guess we can laugh about it after the fact, to save ourselves from making it worse.  I laugh because I can relate. :17:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

There are temperature settings for cooking food? I just throw it all on a pan with oil and hope the resulting fire doesn't take out the ceiling.

Wait for a proper temperature? ??? I don't get it.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

A sad story.

Can you invite her over for Sunday dinner at your place, if she won't come insist your sister in law comes.

Is your mother 'out-law' interested at all in her granddaughter?

Could she thaw her?

• Topic Count:  206
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  33

Hi @LadyKay

Oh dear, what a day you had!

This is why comedians often tell Mother-in-law jokes. 

I hope you enjoyed your movie! lol.

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Can you invite her over for Sunday dinner at your place,

We done stuff like that before.  Nothing really changes. She spend most of the time pointing out all the flaws she can find.  One time I was going to invite here to my daughter's b-day. I spent a week cleaning everything in the house. When she came she couldn't find anything wrong with the house. So she spent the whole time criticizing our lack  of landscaping skills.  Kept pointing out the window at our grass being too high.   It bothered me when I was first married and was not use to this sort of thing. But now I just make jokes about it. I find it amazing that she works so hard at being unhappy.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I find it amazing that she works so hard at being unhappy

Sometimes, I have to think the some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.  

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This is a true story meant to be humorist. Or at less I try to find the humor in it. :)

It is story time all! Another holiday with my mother in law!  We have to laugh so we don't cry. I went to my mother in law's house for the 4th of July. Here is what happen.  It started with the grill. I was going to be grilling hamburgers.  My mother in law seem to not understand that you have to heat the grill up first. She got all on my case because I had not put the hamburgers on the grill yet and was complaining  the potatoes were going to be done soon.  I tried to explain I have to wait till the grill is hot and that I am watching the temp on  it. She just kept lifting the lid off on the grill   saying "your the one who is suppose to be doing the grill I am not doing it!"  Then she ran off into the house all mad because I had not put the hamburgers on the grill yet saying something about  potatoes.   Once the grill reached the right temp I put the hamburgers on.  I offered hamburgers to everyone but my mother in law did not want one and wanted to grill up slice ham instead for herself. My sister in law who was there, told me that mother will not eat stuff that other people make. So whatever I guess.  Mother can have her sliced ham while rest of us eat the hamburgers.  They were good hamburgers.  After we ate, we were sitting around and we heard music up the street.  It was the ice cream truck!:clap:  We all yelled ice cream truck and ran to the street! My mother in law yelled after  us "your acting little kids" !  I guess she didn't want any ice cream.  So I got ice cream, my daughter got ice cream! It was fun.  When we got back to the garage with our ice cream, my daughter's ice cream had started to drip a little. My mother in law sat there and started harping on my daughter about her ice cream dripping. Well the harping about dripping ice cream  went on until the ice cream was ate. So we sat around again and me and my sister in law started talking about moves. She then decided she wanted to come over to my place to watch a movie. But my sister in law (who is 49 years old) was afraid to tell her mother that she was going to my house to watch a movie. She kept whispering to me "you tell her for me I don't want to tell her I'm leaving with you."  To which I said, "girl you are a grown women. You are allowed to leave the house!" I guess she was afraid of making her mother mad. :73_73:  It was about this time that my mother in law started jumping on my sister in law(her daughter) about sweeping the garage floor.  Well I sat and watched while the two of them ended up in an argument over sweeping the garage floor and then decided that this maybe a good time to leave.   So I stood up and announced that we were going to go and that Beth( my sister in law) was going to come over to our place and watch a movie. That seem to put an end to the sweeping the garage floor argument.  The End! :laugh:

So there you are folks! Another holiday with mother in law.  :10:

I have had two of those. One was a nice lady the other one a nightmare :blink:

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,022
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I have had two of those. One was a nice lady the other one a nightmare :blink:

My m-i-l lived with my wife and I when she was about 80 years old. She was 95 years old when she passed away but was in a nursing home for the last 11 years of her life. After enduring and surviving the trials and tribulations of my own mother for 44 years from my birth to her death aged 82, getting along with my wife's mother was a breeze.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Kept pointing out the window at our grass being too high.

Perhaps it was a bit tall if she couldn't see her granddaughter playing in it. Next time it happens you might suggest a weekly lawn service company that she could hire as a gift.

My mother in Law  was always nice to me, but had some issues too. She killed herself at age 52 within months of her husband's  death. My wife of 48 years was never the same after that. Never know what burdens people carry. Maybe yours vents over something  completely unrelated to what she projects bothers her.  Praying for her and for your suffering her "grief" too.

ps- My mother, an extreme generous person also  gave it out to  many of us.  She  would get  on someone's case and just never give it up. One Thanks Giving season she ranted on and on about it just isn't a Thanks Giving without parsnips, parsnips in brown sugar Um um. Well that was it for my wife who was going to prepare everything. NO parsnips were on the menu. And so it went. People get funny, in a Shakespearean Comedy  way.

We all just need to be very tolerant 'cause those other guys, they are all  a bit nutsy! Aren't they?

Why I remember my seventh grade home room teacher explaining that  it as been decided by the school board that we will no longer say  the word tresspasses as we say the Lord's prayer each morning. That the Episcopalians have won in the dispute with the Catholics and we will now say debts instead!

Okay Mrs Gretchenellini, but what if I  am an athiest, can I just not rise and say your prayer? No? No I can't? I must rise and say your prayer? Well Willy here he doesn't say it because he  is a Jehovah's witness and he just doesn't rise for the salute to the flag either.

Oh that's okay, but I am not. Got it.   Can I be a Jehovah's Witness too? No, no I can't. - just one in a class? Oh, and don't say "okay"  anymore, Yes  Yes Mrs. Gretch. No  I didn't, I said your full name, really. Boy's dean's office, now! Well  I am already supposed to go at end of the day. No, now, Okay, ah yes.

And so goes life, on this whirling ball. Some of it gets funny, most just makes me dizzy, yet there is hope that is certain in Christ Jesus who died descended arose and ascended to gain victory over that final enemy death. Praise God it is well. It is also well with my soul.

pps- The trespass Vs debt goes all the way back to Wycliffe and Tyndale. 

• Loved it! 2