• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

BELIEVERS and CHRISTIANS

Are they the same thing once we have a mature grasp of His WORD , when we are gifted, pray in tongues, prophesy and praise or is there more to being a CHRISTIAN ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I think most just use the terms interchangeably to refer to people who are in the body of Christ.   Strictly speaking, the term believer could be used of anyone who believes something (not necessarily Christianity), but in practice when Christians use the term it is usually just synonymous with Christian. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, kevana said:

BELIEVERS and CHRISTIANS

Are they the same thing or is there more to being a CHRISTIAN ?

They are one in the same. More if you want to add meticulous aspects of what often can be a simplistic walk of faith. Some are more intellectual and studious. And some not quite so much. We are all one in the Lord, when it comes right down to it. 

8 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I think most just use the terms interchangeably to refer to people who are in the body of Christ.   Strictly speaking, it is usually just synonymous with Christian. 

This I would wholeheartedly agree with. And to me it equates as: Believers = Christians. 

P.S. Sorry brothers, for paring down your posts a bit. It was done to make a point of view. God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, kevana said:

BELIEVERS and CHRISTIANS

Are they the same thing once we have a mature grasp of His WORD , when we are gifted, pray in tongues, prophesy and praise or is there more to being a CHRISTIAN ?

I am afraid the a true born again Christian and someone who just calls themselves a Christian without the fruit of the Holy Spirit are not the same. The word "Christian" has lost its significance. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

If one believes Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead they are a “ born again”, saved for Eternity ,forever forgiven,justified Christian......

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I think the distinction is whether one is a disciple/follower or not....someone who is an avid student of the Lord and His ways or just a person with religious opinions and ideas.

Being a believer or a Christian is often based on a belief system or doctrinal stance. It doesn't necessarily imply a movement...an action. But a disciple or follower of Christ implies a going to be where He is...a walk of faith.

The way I see it a believer is as one who relies on things that are standing firm...like an institution...but this is not in motion. So that person tends to rely on something concrete like a meeting in a certain kind of building or a set way of thinking. A disciple or follower pursues an apprenticeship to Christ in a walk...in motion. And this everywhere at all times...regardless of the environment.

A creed about God is not the same as a person with a need and desire for God.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Is there a difference when one says I am a Christian today. In the old church Christian was used to describe followers of Christ. I' ve been a believer for over 35 ys.  Today Christian is attached to almost anyone or any thing. Christian has be come confusion and worse, just another religion as there are many others. Am I being harsh? Not at all. I will not call myself Christian, but a believer and follower of Christ. I try to live to the best ability to live up to what that means. 

When the church was born at Pentecost there was no name given it. They were believers and followers of Christ. The word Catholic was just a word used in a letter by Ignatius of Antioch. A word that just caught on. The church of Rome embraced it for themselves.

Im not saying all those who call themselves Christian ane not whole hearted believers but the word is tainted and soiled.   

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

13 hours ago, kevana said:

BELIEVERS and CHRISTIANS

Okay, so are you a Christian when you call yourself a Christian, or are you a Christian when you believe in obeying the Lord's commandments? I think a lot of people call themselves Christians without giving much thought to whether or not they are obeying the Lord's commandments. Technically, I suspect they aren't Christians.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Jesus said 'By there fruits you will kmow them.'

Anyone can ascribe to a label or claim aliegence to a belief. But is whether ones actions matches ones words that show what one really believes.