IGNORED

Talking about atheists here on Worthy

thomas t

Guest PinkBelt

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary."

I do not agree with purging dissenting views, but I am also secure in what I believe. This isn't my forum however and I must respect the wishes of it's owner.  I believe our conduct it the best witness and how we talk about others speak volumes about us and the character of Christians.

Proverbs 15:1

1 A gentle answer turns away wrath,
    but a harsh word stirs up anger.

I have on many occasions chastised people here for hostile, abusive comments towards muslims because of how it would effect our ability to witness to them. The same goes for athiests, pagans or anyone else. Calling atheists "the enemy" "satan's minions" and so on, or stating they are corrupted and therefore not worth talking to does nothing to endear us or win others to God. There are ways to present the truth in a way that does not attack people, and there are ways to present "the truth" in a way that makes one smirk and puff out the chest. Do the former, chastise the latter. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Pink Belt,

On 7/22/2019 at 4:09 AM, PinkBelt said:

have on many occasions chastised people here for hostile, abusive comments towards muslims

Chastising someone is one thing. Encouraging someone not to sin is another.
The former implies a hierarchy... and the latter means work. You would work for someone.

Please also note: Muslims attack Christians in many countries around the world. Western-style atheists don't push for human rights abuses against Christians. So there's a difference, too in my opinion.

Regards,
Thomas

Edited by thomas t
ommitted one sentence
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/15/2019 at 4:47 AM, Sower said:

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. 

1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that
there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

great verses, Sower.

Let me bring this topic up again.

In the other thread a poster called atheists "imbeciles" (the scientists among them, to be exact). We've difficulty in reaching out to them, when some posters on Worthy call them names, I think. However, George says reaching out is the No 1 purpose of this board. The post got even voted up. Noone was protesting, however.

We need to be in unity when we evangelize. As your Bible verses said. Let's be more careful, please.

Thomas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

4 minutes ago, thomas t said:

great verses, Sower.

Let me bring this topic up again.

In the other thread a poster called atheists "imbeciles" (the scientists among them, to be exact). We've difficulty in reaching out to them, when some posters on Worthy call them names, I think. However, George says reaching out is the No 1 purpose of this board. The post got even voted up. Noone was protesting, however.

We need to be in unity when we evangelize. As your Bible verses said. Let's be more careful, please.

Thomas

Report the post so it can be dealt with

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Report the post so it can be dealt with