• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Kristin said:

I agree. Everyone is a sinner that’s why Jesus came. I’m going to quit this sin because it bothers people around me. Just because I quit this one doesn’t mean I’m sinless. I’ve got many I think ☹️

You can only quit smoking through Jesus,pray your way through all of of this ,the enemy will probably try to discourage you but tell Him that you only listen to God, don't pay attention when he wants to side track you:)

Praying and keep us up to date?

Everything is possible with God!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Ok @angels4uI want to be free of this sin finally. My dad gave me patches. Let’s hope! 

• Praying! 1

3 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Ok @angels4uI want to be free of this sin finally. My dad gave me patches. Let’s hope! 

Brush your teeth if you feel you need to smoke :)Dont forget to drink a lot of water ,vit c will help to get the toxins out your body,magnesium can calm your nerves :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi, Kristin... I think it's just great that you are relying on God to help you give up cigarettes.  Even though I'm not a smoker, I have certainly relied on God to help me through many a difficult situation.  One passage of scripture that has always helps me is 1 Corinthians 10:13....

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.  And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

So when you get that strong urge for a cigarette, look for that "way out" that has been promised to you, and you will find something much better to do than to have a cigarette.  God bless!

Yes. Like reading wisdom from Godly people like you. Thank you!  Reading all this helps me. I am in awe that someone cares❤️

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

Just now, angels4u said:

Brush your teeth if you feel you need to smoke :)Dont forget to drink a lot of water ,vit c will help to get the toxins out your body,magnesium can calm your nerves :)

I like magnesium. Brushing my teeth is what I’m going to also. I sometimes let my teeth slide cuz they are so good. 

I think coffee and tea is ok if you don’t drink it all day. Addiction is a sneaky monster that molests the unaware. Let’s help each other please. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Aint no doubt about it—— smoking IS a sin.I don’t smoke.So what? I’ve had some lustful thoughts today.As a married man, that makes me no better than adulterer.So we are both in the same miserable boat.So what the heck are we going to do about this dilemma? I can tell you what I am going to do.I am going to do the same thing with my sins that God does— put it on the Cross and leave it there.Then I will thank Him for His Grace and move on , trusting Him to “ finish the good work He started”.We started this Christian walk by faith.... we end it the same way.If we continue to practice faith, he will take care of the sin part....changing us from the inside out, transforming us into the image of His Son.Smoking can be a slow- motion form of suicide.We pay for our sins in this lifetime and your health is going to suffer for this sin.It has NO affect on your Salvation.If you believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4 you are under the Blood— ALL of your sins are forgiven .They say if you give up cigarettes ,two years later you can be nearly normal again as far as lung damage is concerned. Good luck and God Bless.

Great post brother except.....why do you believe smoking is a sin?  

Is it because the body is a Temple for the HS to dwell. Is that it? Other? Thanks 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Great post brother except.....why do you believe smoking is a sin?  

Is it because the body is a Temple for the HS to dwell. Is that it? Other? Thanks 

Yes.....you nailed it! People smoke for the same reason a baby sucks it’s thumb.....insecurity.My wife smokes and it breaks my heart because I know she will pay someday health-wise.Salvation wise? Not a chance.....

I have decided sin is who we are not what we do. This is why God came. And died. And dealt with us. He loves us!

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I have decided sin is who we are not what we do. This is why God came. And died. And dealt with us. He loves us!

To God be the glory,great things He has done :emot-heartbeat: