The Submission Of The Believer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

First of all we submit to God. Wives submit authority to their husband. This does not mean that the husband is a tyrant who forces his wife to his sinful desires. The husband submits his will to Christ and gives Christlike love in the marriage. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

51 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

First of all we submit to God. Wives submit authority to their husband. This does not mean that the husband is a tyrant who forces his wife to his sinful desires. The husband submits his will to Christ and gives Christlike love in the marriage. 

Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Always a Moon said:

The full passage seems to imply that husband and wife are both reliant on each other. Perhaps in the historical context it was not fathomable to say, "Husbands, also, submit to your wives," so it says, "...that, if any (husband) obey not the word, they may be won by the conversation of the wives. While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear." 

The submission of women is highly controversial in our society today. All God's people are instructed to have a submissive heart. 

I want to say more, but I'll be late for church...

Thank you for adding this much needed balance to the equation.  

I fully agree, the submission is to be MUTUAL. Anyone who thinks it is only one sided submission, just for the woman, is misinterpreting and or misreading the scriptures.  

I regret to add, The OP’s post reminded  me of what the media often does....only gives is a part of the story. I’m sure it was not intended to mislead, but I believe by leaving out the mutuality of submission, it kind of did!  Oh, and my wife agrees. (How did I do dear? She has a big smile on her face! Yesssssss!)

happy wife, happy life......

happy spock 

• Haha 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, pg4Him said:

I will make one last comment on this thread. Statements in Scripture we find the hardest to accept tend to be the very keys we need to level-up in our theology. Ignore them to your peril. Just as failure to learn math will eventually kick your butt in algebra, ignoring the hard stuff in Scripture will forever handicap your theology. You cannot explain it all away when you don’t want to hear it. This is why Christians stay stuck on milk instead of learning to digest meat. The things you don’t want to hear are probably the meat.

Paul lived in a different culture 2,000 years ago? So what? He met Jesus in living color. Have you? Moses stood face to face with God as Christ was wrapped around a law — did you? Abraham was God’s personal friend who negotiated on the judgment of a city — have you ever done that? Elijah made it stop raining for three years — have you? You know more than them because you were lucky enough to have been born in 20th century America? Are you seriously willing to bet your theology on that?

Christ draws us into a great unsearchable mystery. Even the brilliant apostle Paul had to settle for calling it a mystery because he couldn’t get it across. Plenty of human philosophers (it’s really all they are) can supply excuses to ignore the parts we don’t like. History, culture, grammar, you name it. All based on some human function which secular philosophers have been complicit in changing. Wait, you mean godless people will change your culture out from under you and then say the Bible is irrelevant because our culture changed? Well now there’s that...

Shall I trust human logic looking for ways to not have to learn the math, or shall I trust that men chosen by God to write His word just might have known Him a little better than me?

Each of us must choose for ourselves.

Whereunto shall we liken this generation.   And what have they done to the doctrine .    Do we ever wonder why on earth we got so many fables .

Ponder this ,     It is like a man who sought diligently to be a scholar of alegebra and so instead of learning the basics of math , jumped right into alegebra .

How on earth will that man bode .   When he has not even loved the basics enough to learn them and those basics could have made him wise

and ready for the meat of algebra .      

Folks ,   we gotta return to the DOCTRINE of JESUS and of the apostles .     Not the doctrines of men who THINK they know or have eternal life

yet don't even KNOW nor LOVE the doctrine of CHRIST nor the apostels .