• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Keny

I would not date anyone who was not a Christian because I wouldn't want to end up really liking the person and getting more seriously involved with someone who didn't share my beliefs in God. Having married an unbeliever, he believed in God but not Jesus, caused much heartache and trouble in the marriage. I now understand God's wisdom when He gives us the proverb below:

2 Corinthians 6:14, " Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1 hour ago, lovethelord said:

Hi Keny

I would not date anyone who was not a Christian because I wouldn't want to end up really liking the person and getting more seriously involved with someone who didn't share my beliefs in God. Having married an unbeliever, he believed in God but not Jesus, caused much heartache and trouble in the marriage. I now understand God's wisdom when He gives us the proverb below:

2 Corinthians 6:14, " Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

That is what I hear from everyone and I do take to heart everything they said! Thank you! God bless

There is this girl that has been trying to get my attention. I don't know wether she is a believer or not but I have been ignoring her like I didn't see any of it! Was I right to do that?

Edited by Keny

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

5 hours ago, Keny said:

There is this girl that has been trying to get my attention. I don't know wether she is a believer or not but I have been ignoring her like I didn't see any of it! Was I right to do that?

Hi Keny,

I know sometimes it’s easier to ignore or avoid someone but I wonder if that is a Christian thing to do? If I was an unbeliever, I would think what kind of Christian is that? Could this person just possibly want to be friends? Hope the verses below help:

• Matthew 5:14, "You are the light of the world". As "light" we are to illuminate or make visible. Our lives are to be an on-going witness to the reality of Christ's presence in our lives.
  • Philippians 2:15, "Believers, you are to shine as light in the world".  
  • 1 Peter 2:11-12 “Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,333
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, Keny said:

That is what I hear from everyone and I do take to heart everything they said! Thank you! God bless

Why don't you ask if she is a born again Christian?   If she isn't, you don't have to date her.

1 minute ago, Debp said:

Why don't you ask if she is a born again Christian?   If she isn't, you don't have to date her.

Was I wrong to ignore?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,333
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Keny said:

Was I wrong to ignore?

Well, don't worry about that now.   Next time just be pleasant with someone.   If you don't feel it's a good relationship, that it would hinder your relationship with God....then feel free to not go further with the friendship.

2 hours ago, Debp said:

Well, don't worry about that now.   Next time just be pleasant with someone.   If you don't feel it's a good relationship, that it would hinder your relationship with God....then feel free to not go further with the friendship.

How do you be pleasent? My first instinct would be to ignore and let them figure out that I am not interested

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Keny said:

There are many Christians that are dating. Now according to the bible there is not a scripture that says don't date. Now my question is as a Christian if a non Christian has a crush on you and asks you out what would your answer be?

Of course we have to start somewhere, we don't look at a person and then get married, there has to be an assessment and it comes through dating.