hen required to speak give presentations

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

How can you keep yourself call when you are required to give presentation and you are feeling nervous and your heart is beating like crazy?

2 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Think of an encouraging scripture, like Psalm 34:7... The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them.  

Have some props... chart, power point, or some other visual.  Then your audience won't be looking at you the entire time,  and it won't be so obvious if you need to refer to your notes.  Also, if you have a power point, you can include key words, etc., and you won't leave anything out.   

We'll pray for you, too!  :) 

Thank you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

5 hours ago, Keny said:

How can you keep yourself call when you are required to give presentation and you are feeling nervous and your heart is beating like crazy?

Who is the presentation being made to? To your church or youth group or part of a buisness deal.

Who it is to matters as a formal buisness presentation will be judged harshly while a presentation to your church will be heard in a friendly accepting way. Mistakes, nervousness etc will be over looked.

That said there are two things you can do.

1st know your talk. Literally know it because you have stood in the bathroom before the mirror and gone through your talk untill you are word perfect.

2nd hold a clipboard, a notebook, anything in your hand that has a outline set of bullet points and sub points on it as an aide to doing the talk.

It is amazing how much better one feels if there is something between you and the audience.

Do pray about this whil;e preparing and before your name is called.

When its your tern walk up to the front. take a deep breath smile and talk slowly. It takes an effort but slow down. You will know your talk, use the notes if you have to, look at people you know and talk slowly.

It's actually for school

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 hours ago, Keny said:

You have 'stage fright', bro. Okay first, slow down on doing this = :coffee:because it will only wind you up, get you all spun-out, and then it makes for = :101:all around the house. Seriously though, it's just plain flat fear. Here's something to bear in mind. 

Isaiah 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.  KJV

P.S. Praying for you.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

10 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Hen? ?

Maybe think about the typo you made here. And me posting a chicken. It's funny and will take away anxiety.

:24:

Glancing at the topic, I thought at first it might be a typo for Benny Hinn. Imagine that? :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

In school, you don't have to worry. Were you paying attention when that other guy was up there talking? I feel like when people realize that other people are kind of taken up in their own little worlds, the prospect of messing up and being judged for it just looks silly. Who cares what they think, anyway? Most people are idiots.

As I like to say, if you don't want to fall, then don't look down. You just have to make sure that you've got your presentation in order. I should hope, at the very least, that this isn't a group project. I remember having to do a group presentation in school, and when the teacher called on my group, I was the only one who went to the front of the class. My group was laughing at me and they were like, "yeah, we didn't really do any of the work" so the teacher just told me to give my portion of the project. I had stage fright too, so I stammered and stuttered on about drunk driving while feeling embarrassed. I only realized years later that the only ones who needed to be embarrassed were my group members.

2 hours ago, dr3032 said:

In school, you don't have to worry. Were you paying attention when that other guy was up there talking? I feel like when people realize that other people are kind of taken up in their own little worlds, the prospect of messing up and being judged for it just looks silly. Who cares what they think, anyway? Most people are idiots.

As I like to say, if you don't want to fall, then don't look down. You just have to make sure that you've got your presentation in order. I should hope, at the very least, that this isn't a group project. I remember having to do a group presentation in school, and when the teacher called on my group, I was the only one who went to the front of the class. My group was laughing at me and they were like, "yeah, we didn't really do any of the work" so the teacher just told me to give my portion of the project. I had stage fright too, so I stammered and stuttered on about drunk driving while feeling embarrassed. I only realized years later that the only ones who needed to be embarrassed were my group members.

So true! It's kind of funny remembering the times when we were supposed to give presentations. I remember myself just half listening to what the people were saying. Most  of the times I try to go first because if the teacher was going to grade our notes on other people's project, I would have something to write. so I would pay attention. I always wonder can't subjecting our root of stage fright  make it go away or do we constantly need to put ourselves out there. Most people that have gone through many uncomfortable situations still seem to have stage fright!

32 minutes ago, Keny said:

Most people that have gone through many uncomfortable situations still seem to have stage fright!

Okay, I'll admit it... Yes, I do. :b:

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

17 hours ago, Keny said:

I think the best way to stay calm is to make sure we are obeying the Lord's commandments. And then trust the Lord that everything will be all right.