• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Figure of eighty said:

Oh yeah. definitely gonna take the classes-- but why would mace get me killed by my own gun? But I definitely don't plan on going trigger crazy, I'm definitely not a gun person at all I just need protection that's all I'm doing is protecting myself and my baby that's it.

if you are going to legally going to use a gun, you really must make up your mind to use it and have no hesitation at all once you put your hand on it....   mace make your eyes hurt but if they are close they can still grab you and at that point you are vulnerable to taking your gun from you before you can point it at them.

If you are holding a gun on me and I can manage to get within three or four feet from you I can take your weapon away from you without you shooting me and there isn't anything you can do about it....    Defense classes teach you how not to get into that position...…    if someone comes at you with a knife and they get closer than ten feet from you they can kill you and there isn't any way for you to stop them with a gun

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, ayin jade said:

And that right there is a good reason for you not to have a gun. As other one pointed out, any hesitation on your part will get you hurt or killed.

So what should I do when its just my son and I and someone tries to harm me or him? Nothing?

2 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I definitely won't put it where he could get it. I'd put it on a high shelf and at 1or 2 he can't reach much of anything.

My son would crawl up on top of a piano when he was less than 2   get you a good quick open safe and don't share the combination with anyone...…     ANYONE

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, other one said:

My son would crawl up on top of a piano when he was less than 2   get you a good quick open safe and don't share the combination with anyone...…     ANYONE

Lol a piano? but yeah  safe sounds good.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, Figure of eighty said:

So what should I do when its just my son and I and someone tries to harm me or him? Nothing?

What other one suggested. Take a self defense class. Learn what you need to learn. Dont put yourself into situations or areas where you are likely to get hurt. Be situationally aware of your surroundings. 

Im not trying to scare you, but this happens a bit too often ...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-boy-accidentally-shoots-kills-gun-grandmas-purse/story?id=63859180

And kids get to the high shelves you plan on keeping the gun. I read in the news incidents like that too.

The gun wont protect you either if you are hesitant, and it sounds like you are hesitant. 

Just now, Figure of eighty said:

Lol a piano? but yeah  safe sounds good.

We had a large picture on top of it...   upright big old piano and he would crawn up on it somehow when we were not in the room and hide behind the picture.    He was one of those rock climbers when he was a teenager also...   could not watch him do that...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Kinda forgetting to rely on the Lord too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I daily ask God for His protection. That is what He has done for a very long time. Maybe if you put your guns away He would do just that for you. Maybe that is a real test of faith. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Myself, when I came to Christ I sold of all of my guns, why..., because I knew I could kill someone in a cold, calculating manner, ...and I didn't see how that part of my old man could live with my new creation in Christ, ...I'm not against anyone owning a gun to use for protecting themselves, their families or any other legitimate circumstance that might arise, please don't get me wrong,  ...the reason for my post is I can see from your replies and other posts you have made, you don't have in you what it takes to kill someone without hesitation, ...and like has already been said, ...hesitation will get you killed!   

This is what I have done, turned any danger over to Jesus, and He has come through every time, ...so you might want to think about this as an alternative.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ayin jade said:

Kinda forgetting to rely on the Lord too.

Bad things happen to good people Ayin....    and I don't believe we are supposed to just not do anything to protect ourselves and those around us....  but I do trust he will not let me do something that isn't ok with him....     but I'd bet you if someone was going to hurt one of her kids she'd do things she'd never thought was possible for her to do....   just that mama gene that kicks in...   I've never seen it fail.

• Loved it! 1