Afraid of losing salvation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Good video to watch. It seems that satan is trying VERY hard to disarm worry-oriented believers of the Helmet of Salvation. ("You aren't truly saved" "You've lost your salvation!") For me my worries started with this, and it's lead down a bad road of self pity, discouragement, intense self focus, which is a place you want to get out of immiedieatley. Really, disregard the worry as much as you can and trust in Jesus to lead you out of it! Feel free to PM me.

Edited by F_Ivan
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 8/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Greetings...it's embarrassing to talk about this, but I think I need to talk about this...

Intrusive thoughts of a unbelieving nature that claim things such as"God doesn't exists" have been tormenting me for a while and I feel guilty when they pop up, even when I hate these thoughts and I don't want they appear.

Almost always, when I have a feeling that they'll appear, I start to frighten due to this feeling, and sometimes when that happens I try to do something to avoid them (such as think about God's grace and try to be calm), but this doesn't always work.

The worst thing is that sometimes, after they appear (especially the one that claims "God doesn't exists"), I feel like I had believed what they claimed (or like I had thought them deliberately) and them I feel distressed due to that feeling, and when that happens I pray to God the "prayer about salvation" (the one in which you accept Jesus as your only Lord and Savior with genuine repetance for the sins you had committed and with genuine faith that He's God and He died and arose from the dead because you can't save yourself with works) because if that feeling wasn't a false alarm and I believe stupid things such as "God doesn't exists", I fall from salvation, because I can't be saved without faith...so I pray that after that happens, just in case...and after I pray that, I exanimate to ascertain whether I am a true Christian or not with questions such as "Do I believe God exists"? And I come to the conclusion that yes, that I believe the God of the Bible exists, that Jesus is God and He died in the cross and arose from the dead...and then I'm confident that I'm saved until these thoughts appear again and I feel like I had believed them or had thought them deliberately... I even had already found theological/philosophical, logical and scientific evidencs in favor of Christianity, which helped my faith to grow, and I even had thought about studying theology and to be an apologist.

Honestly, I'm scared to die as a unbeliever and to God to hell...I DON'T want that to happen...I love Jesus and I don't want to leave Him. I don't want to be an unbeliever.

Maybe I have religious OCD; maybe I had never fallen from salvation and that feeling is justo a false alarm and I believed that I had fallen from salvation by fear and paranoia; or maybe not matter what God would do I'll go to hell, because If a Christian can deliberately loose they salvation (because God allows humans have free will), them I'm probably doomed. Honestly, I'm confused, and afraid...

The greatest apologetic there is God's Word that says God cannot lie:

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
    - Romans 10:13

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    - John 3:16

“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
    - John 5:24

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
    - John 3:36

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.
    - Hebrews 10:26-27

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
    - Ephesians 2:8-9

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    - Romans 8:38-39

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    - Romans 10:9

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
    - Romans 8:1

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
    - John 10:27-30

So you are left with choice believe God through His Word or don't … Prayed... Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

If you believe in the genuine Jesus Christ, you are saved.

Salvation is God's problem. Not yours. You didn't earn salvation

you can't keep it either. ← meaning it's God who keeps you saved.

Not you.

Sounds like you need to strengthen your faith.

Study God's Word with a vengeance.

Begin with what I call the keys to the kingdom:

2 Peter 1:20-21 (the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible, the Holy Spirit interprets the Bible

AND it says "know this first")

Test the spirits to be certain it's the Holy Spirit teaching you (1 John 4:1)

You do this by using the Word of God as a standard to test all things by (Acts 17:11 / 1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Other supporting passages:

2 Timothy 3:16-17, Deuteronomy 29:29, Isaiah 28:9-13, Proverbs 25:2.

When you do this, your faith will become rock solid. The Bible will al make sense. 

The traditions and misinterpretations of man is what makes the Bible seem confusing 

or contradictory.

But when you allow God the Holy Spirit to tell his own story... it all fits hand-in-glove.

You begin to see that without God NOTHING would exist.

I used to tease my atheist friends (who I witnessed to),

"If there is no God then there would be no universe. 1st LAW (not theory) of Thermodynamics

is the law of conservation (nothing can be added nothing taken away or from nothing nothing comes).

And the 2nd LAW of Thermodynamics dictates that nothing in the universe is eternal. So an eternal

Creator who greater than the LAWS of physics is the only solution. There has to be a God, or we wouldn't even be here 

to debate this."

Understand atheists are as devoted to their religion of unbelief in God as any other religionist is. So you may

not convince them, but that does not mean the truth is not the truth.

All the best!

• Well Said! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 10/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Trusting in self is futile. Trust in Jesus IS salvation.

The fruit of salvation is assurance. If you lack assurance, you need to do a check on whether you sincerely trusted in Jesus.

Hi, God bless you. I send you a private message.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

when ever negatives enter  my mind i try to remember  it is not what who i say i am but what God says i am,redeemed sanctified,sealed and set apart,God bless you sis .remember its the Word that does the work..

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, ColorfulBlossoming said:

Honestly, I'm scared to die as a unbeliever and to God to hell...I DON'T want that to happen...I love Jesus and I don't want to leave Him. I don't want to be an unbeliever.

It is both a blessing and a curse to think that way. Its a blessing because it keeps you in faith, but its forced and not organic. Its a curse because it could mean that you have no assurance of salvation, and that can be a huge problem and stalemate on your faith. Faith should be genuine and organic and come from the heart, if it comes from fear then reverence will be there but it will also put you in a weak faith, where you will end up dragging the cross along the floor instead of carrying it on your back. Your more likely to feel tired carrying it and also it leaves behind lots of problems.