• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,567
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay now, lemme see if I got this down. Sit in the dark at home, don't make any effort to drink anything, 'cuz it might be nutritious enough to consider it making a meal, and don't go to temple on shabbat. Right, gotcha. :rolleyes:

And have a gentile on the payroll to flush.

Seriously, I have no interest in how a servant of another perceives they best honor their master. Less they insist on stepping on my toes by telling me I must serve my master the way they serve theirs.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Everyone benefits from a day of rest.  If someone honors God by keeping the 7th day Sabbath, I respect that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, LadyKay said:

I have no issue with this. You seem to be telling others what you do . But I don't see anywhere in your post that you are commanding that others to do the same.  So God Bless you on your walk with Christ. 

Thank you LadyKay:t2:

I've seen way to many others doing what you mention. I'm not the Holy Spirit. It's enough work making my own life work, I don't have the time or inclination to try to live others lives for them.

I'm just here to share my faith and thoughts and hope maybe others are challenged or inspired to consider something they may have never heard before.

I hope that's a blessing and nothing more

All God's many blessings on you,

Dave

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,936
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Don’t go outside your place (Ex. 16:29)

Oh. So what is, "a Sabbath day's journey". ??? I saw that in scripture someplace...

Some seem intent on sowing discord about something they know so little... perhaps that is me, so I will say no more!!

Acts 1:12 - Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day’s journey.

There is an exception to the rule that doesnt allow people to go outside their dwelling place during Sabbath. (Ex 16:29)

This happened when a traveller in Israel spent many days travelling to his destination but still had not reached his destination and get caught with Sabbath day, so the rule say this traveller may continue for a limited distance in Sabbath day, this distance was 2000 cubits which is about half a mile.

They based this on Joshua 3:4-5:

"And they commanded the people, saying, When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it. Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about 2,000 cubits by measure; come not near it, thay ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore."

But should the Jews thought it was dangerous to sojourn in the wilderness during Sabbath (after travelling for 2000 cubits) he might continue and it was regarded as violation and sinful. To redeem this sin the Jews need to offer the sacrifice for sin atonement at the Temple which was ruled in the 613 Mitzvot Regarding the time and the procedure.Therefore Shabbat comes in one package with the other 613 Mitzvot.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,936
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay now, lemme see if I got this down. Sit in the dark at home, don't make any effort to drink anything, 'cuz it might be nutritious enough to consider it making a meal, and don't go to temple on shabbat. Right, gotcha. :rolleyes:

It is not the drinks but your effort in Sabbath to make it which is a violation.

Exodus 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the Lord hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the Lord: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

24 And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.

25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the Lord: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

You need to prepare meal be4 Sabbath, THE PROBLEM IS, the manna cooked by the Hebrew be4 Sabbath would not stink during Sabbath as God preserved it, i dont think people could expect God to preserve their soup cooked be4 Sabbath because God gave the Law to the Hebrew and not to gentiles.

You are not allowed to start thine own words which means a conversation / use telephone

Isa 58: 13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day;
and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable;
and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure,
nor speaking thine own words

And avoid pleasure of all kinds of entertainment from TV, radio, games, sport, hobbies, internet, movies etc.

You are also not allowed to move objects /muktzeh

Some of the categories of muktzeh are:

1. Objects which have no designated use, e.g.: Stones, plants, flowers in a vase, raw food (inedible in its present state, such as beans); an object that has broken and become no longer useful, such as a broken bowl, a button that falls off;

2. Valuable objects or those which would be used only for their designated task, for fear of damaging it, e.g.: Expensive items: camera, crystal decoration; professional tools: scalpel, electric wiring; important documents: passport, birth certificate;

3. Objects that are forbidden from use because of Torah prohibition, e.g.: Non-kosher food, chametz on Passover; also included are objects used for a mitzvah, such as sechach (rooftop greenery) that fell off a sukkah;

4. An object whose primary purpose is for an activity forbidden on Shabbat, e.g.: Hammer, stapler, pen. However, one is allowed to move these objects if a) they are needed for an activity permitted on Shabbat and nothing else can perform that task, e.g., a hammer to open a coconut or a telephone book as a booster seat or b) The place the object occupies is needed, e.g., if a pen is on a chair you want to sit on.

Anything that a muktzeh object rests upon is a basis--base for the muktzeh and becomes muktzeh itself if:

A. The muktzeh item was left on the spot intentionally, so that it remain there for at least part of Shabbat;

B. The object was placed there by the owner or with the knowledge of the owner;

C. At the start of Shabbat, the basis supported only the muktzeh and no non-muktzeh items.

An example of basis encountered every Shabbat is the Shabbat candles on the table. The candlesticks are muktzeh, and may not be removed from the table on Shabbat. The table holding the candlesticks may thus become a base for muktzeh and muktzeh itself, preventing it from being moved if necessary. To remedy this, we simply put another non-muktzeh item required for Shabbat on the table before the onset of Shabbat. Thus, although the candlesticks are muktzeh, the table holds the challah or prayerbook as well and may therefore be moved after the flames have gone out.

You are not allowed to CARRY objects during Sabbath

On Shabbat one may not carry or transfer objects between a "reshut ha-yachid" (private, enclosed domain, such as the house); and a "reshut ha-rabim" (public domain, such as the street). Neither may one carry an object in a reshut ha-rabim for more than four cubits (six feet). Examples of this prohibition include: carrying in one's pocket; carrying anything in the hand; wheeling a baby carriage or shopping cart, going outside with gum or food in the mouth. This prohibition also includes carrying in public hallways or yards of multiple dwellings, unless an eiruv chatzeirot is made. An eiruv chatzeirot is an arrangement whereby carrying in some of the above situations is permitted. In addition, the area in which one wishes to carry must be enclosed. This enclosure, commonly referred to as an eiruv, can occur naturally or be man-made, and must be constructed before Shabbat. 

So the observant Jew does not cook, spend money, write, operate electrical devices, doesn not leave home, write, carry things, moving things, no wordly conversation or telephone etc etc.

This is what Paul had to say about Sabbath, Paul need to explain this because Torah was not given to gentiles in Colosse and they did not understand about Sabbath, or clean meat or Holy Days or circumcision so Paul need to say this :

Colossians 2: 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

THE TORAH WITH 613 MITZVOT IS HANGING ON THESE TWO LAWS :

Matt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt alove the Lord thy God with all thy bheart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy cmind.

38 This is the first and great acommandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt alove thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the prophets.

Paul, if he has not converted would drag all of us the smart christians to jail if we live in the early church of the apostles for breaking the TORAH COMMANDMENTS. Because Paul knew better about the Law.

Acts 22:3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors.

This Torah Commandments which we think we know better than Paul has been put to graves with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God has torn down the curtain at the Temple of God, He has a New Covenant in Jesus Christ : 1. Love God 2. Love your neighbour. 

All the Torah Law including one jot and one title has been fulfilled in the above 2 Commandments thats why its called the NEW TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST.

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the alaw, till all be bfulfilled.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

6 hours ago, Betha said:

Just want to clarify...you honour the sabbath on SUNDAY.  Are you aware that sunday is the first day of the week...NOT saturday the 7th day ?

Do you think God has got it wrong ?

Good morning in the Lord R. Hartono and Betha

I see a lot of references to Jewish customs and ways of worship in many of the threads and posts, including yours!!

I am not Jewish. I go to church not a synagogue and on Sunday, and I honor God's Sabbath on Sunday in Christ as Jesus called me to. Also, I live by the SPIRIT of the law not the LETTER. I don't live by rules and regulations that were the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. And I'm not a legalist !

Jesus became the curse of THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH on the cross to set us free from what could not save us (The 10 commandments). Only Christ can save us, so to be under the authority and power of the law brought death (separation from God), but being under grace brought the availability of life eternal for the first time.

As Christians we are no longer UNDER the law, but if we love God we are still to OBEY the 10 commandments (The law - both are the same if properly in context).

If you lived in Old Testament times and you looked forward to Jesus coming and, believed all the prophecy of the salvation He would make available to all, you could be saved.

They looked forward and were saved by believing and God's grace, just like we look back and are saved by believing and God's grace.

Remember - WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE, not the law.

Thank you in Christ's name for your interest and posting.

In Godly love - Dave

P.S.

If this is confusing to you, the Mosaic law was eliminated in Christ's death on the cross. Christ is our sacrifice now. The affects of the 10 commandments, the curse, was eliminated also, but the need to OBEY the 10 commandments was NOT eliminated.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

36 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

If this is confusing to you, the Mosaic law was eliminated in Christ's death on the cross. Christ is our sacrifice now. The affects of the 10 commandments, the curse, was eliminated Also, but the need to OBEY the 10 commandments was NOT eliminated.

Well, not quite, Dave. The 10 Commandments are the foundation of Mosiac Law, therefore not eliminated. 

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I have come not to destroy, but to fulfill.  KJV 

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Well, not quite, Dave. The 10 Commandments are the foundation of Mosiac Law, therefore not eliminated. 

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I have come not to destroy, but to fulfill.  KJV 

Good morning BeauJangles :)

There are several differing opinions on this, so here is mine.

God gave Moses the Mosaic law with all 613 commands including the 10 commandments, and then gave Moses the 10 commandments separately on the two stone tablets.

That way the Mosaic law could be eliminated for grace through Christ's death, while not abolishing the 10 commandments that He wanted to preserve forever.

In my studies and conclusion, the Mosaic law is no more. No more Mosaic law or sacrifices, jut GRACE - PRAISE GOD.

Oh, and in Matthew 5: 17 the law he is talking about is the Law of God, God's Law, the Law of the testimony, the Decalogue, the 10 commandments or the 10 commandment (No "S"), not the Mosaic law.

The Mosaic law would be  eliminated in CHRISTS SACRIFICE on the cross.

Maybe we'll just have to disagree in Christ's love :t2::group-hug:

By the way, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just sharing with you my take on this.

Have a wonderful week - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Maybe we'll just have to disagree in Christ's love :t2::group-hug:

Sure Dave, you can disagree with my opinion alright, but not the words of Christ. We have to take them literally, and not attempt at 'cherry picking' the gospel. When that occurs, we veer from the truth as is evident.  

10 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Have a wonderful week - Dave

I'll make every effort. Bro hug! :bighug2:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

I believe that you are correct in honoring both the Sabbath and the Ten Commandments. I believe that since Jesus said it we should honor all the Mosaic and Levitical law. So, I applaud you for your adherence. The only question I would ask is as Jesus told the rich man, have you also followed Christs teaching and given all to the poor? I find that this is always the hardest teaching for people in this modern capitalistic world to accept. That we should spend our money helping those in need and not to buy for ourselves the luxuries of this world like nice expensive new cars or boats or homes. I pray that the answer is yes but if not it's never too late to start. I will pray for you and I wish you well in serving Christ. You're a step ahead of many whom I encounter who arbitrarily have forsaken the Sabbath and the law.