• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

And the preacher said: "Those of you with Holy Spirit will see my points are correct..."

I have heard it like that, and it is a horrible way of brain-bashing people.

Amen....it's sad but there have been many insinuating things said from pulpits in order to manipulate the people. 

I haven't followed this conversation, but one thing I want to say is that we as human beings love certainty....whereas the Lord doesn't always allow us to be so certain about everything, because that can lead to fleshly self-assurance instead of always relying on and looking to Him.  It's not for no reason that we will lay our crowns at HIS feet....it wont be because WE crossed all our "t's" and dotted all our "i's" and had all our ducks in a neat little row.  On the contrary we can expect perplexities along the way:

2Co 4:7-10

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

• Thanks 1