• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/21/2019 at 3:04 PM, createdequal said:

I am just wondering the % of people who think/feel/know they were abused as children?

Abuse is a subjective term a lot of the time. But I speak of objective abuse: being slapped hard, being denied necessary food/water as punishment, etc.

I ask because whatever happens to us in childhood affects who we are at our core.. and affects us the rest of our lives.. shapes our destiny in so many ways

there are two very long threads about Satanic Ritual Abuse and the MK-ultra program and people who were/are involved if you are interested.  

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I am not a victim, period!

I am fully responsible for my own  plight. No one else is at all. I have no excuse. I do not blame any other for what I am.

I am  a sinner saved by God's grace and mercy alone. Praise God, for He is merciful to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 minutes ago, other one said:

there are two very long threads about Satanic Ritual Abuse and the MK-ultra program and people who were/are involved if you are interested.  

Yeah, they're specific in those two areas also. Abuse runs from physical to emotional, or both in my particular case. The OP sent me a PM on posting this topic, and I agreed to submit my input on it. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am a survivor, and carry the physical and mental scars. 

Gradually, at a pace suitable for me, I am being healed.

Thanks for making mention of this. We survived. Praise God! 

• Praise God! 1

27 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

How do you view those with lasting harm from the actions of others?

For example, someone who was raped or a soldier with PTSD? Are they responsible for the lasting harm?

Yes. If it is lasting, yes.

At some point yesterday needs be put back in the past. It is just yesterday, and not carry it forward to today and then set it up as excuse or reason for failure to thrive tomorrow. Bad stuff, terrible stuff happening to us is sad of course, but  it is great error to name our problems, give them status as syndromes and then hang onto them as reason  for failure tomorrow.

Your father was a drunk okay so what mine too. Your mother beat you, so what mine too. A priest abused me  so what me too. Do we all go about carrying our placard  "Damaged Goods"? I am not damaged goods by anything anyone else does. I am only damaged if I let myself be so that I do not have to face me and what I am on my own.

Life is hard so suck it up snowflake is crude maybe rude even, but it is also so. Life is hard and then you die. You and I can live it out  in complaint that it has not been fair I suppose, but I'd rather it not be ( fair) , for if it is to be fair then I deserve eternal punishment and separation from my creator.

Instead of fair I have mercy from God. Wow what a deal, how can I be going about in a depression about being a victim? God loves me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 2

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

I see you do not have any comprehension of long lasting mental health issues or PTSD etc.

Nor any compassion for those living with those effect.

Thank you for your answer.

Hi, God has compassion for each of us that is fully sufficient to get each of us past our own traumas, whether physical or spiritual, real or imagined. I see hope for everyone, everyone. I do not see laments that must cripple and limit anyone for life.

I have cared for the mentally retarded, the terribly physically crippled, and the very sick onto death. Compassion is not thinking there is no hope for a person. That is not even sympathy. It is fallacious thinking.

God knows the very weakest of us, and in Him there is hope that is certain.

• Praise God! 2

There are heroes, lots and lots of everyday heroes that do overcome their own serious traumas. The ones I have encountered and come to know have suffered so deeply as for me to wonder how have they even lived, breathed, through it all. Yet they do, and they are turned about to God by the Holy Spirit same  as a child reaching an age of accountability  without so much as  a pimple to discourage them might do. Oh what heroes they are to me, what encouragement they are. And their families and friends that stick it all out with them, Wow! God enlightens and God carries  many though the fire. That He is with us in the fire is real!

Psalm 46 is real.

The song as sung by Shane and Shane"Psalm 46" available on youtube is a reality to grab onto and live,  not just a tune to proclaim for a few minutes of worship.

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Look at Eli .. a new member here . The abuse he has endured should have him curled up in a foetal ball crying " Oh woe is me " instead he blesses everyone who comes into contact with him either in actuality or on line He exemplifies Christs love to us all and never a cross word for his abusers... he forgives, loves and does his best with what he has I feel privileged to have come to know him as a brother in Christ :heart:

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

Look at Eli

WILL DO.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

This is a dreadful thread for the survivors of child abuse INCLUDING MYSELF, because several here are of the mind set to just pull up your "BIG BOY/BIG GIRL  pants and get over it mind set, and just move on.

I'm 76 years old and was abused by both parents from the day I was born until they died. I have been in counseling several times for a total of about 10 years and will always carry the scars. And YES I AM ON MEDS AND WILL ALWAYS BE ON MEDS TO HELP WITH THE NIGHTMARES AND MY OTHER ISSUES.

Am I complaining?? NO !!!.I just want to stand up for the others here who will to some degree suffer the effects of abuse their whole lives. I AM STILL DEALING WITH ANXIETY, STRESS, PTSD, BI-POLAR and HYPER-VENTILATION which in the process caused ULCERS and ACID REFLUX DESEASE and PANIC ATTACKS and MASSIVE ANXIETY ATTACKS and I CAN'T WALK ALONE. Something inside terrifies me.

Also we have "TRIGGERS" that come from the past and we have no clue in many cases what those are, but when we are "TRIGGERED" our lives can spin out of control. We can have "MASSIVE ANXIETY ATTACKS, PANIC ATTACKS, GO INTO DEPRESSION or HYPER-VENTILATE.

It sometimes takes total control of our lives and can even throw us back a bunch of years right back to the center of the abuse and make us feel every bit of it all over again.

That's when we need relatives and close friends who understand and are there for us to help us when we are "TRIGGERED" and our lives turn upside down.

I have a BEST FRIEND OF OVER 20 YEARS who was abused also, and never received any support, so we are each others prayer partner and are there for each other when something happens that TRIPS US UP AND LIFE GOES NUTS. It does that to people like us.

If you haven't walked in OUR SHOES, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT and don't try to sound like you know what your talking about while  GIVING HARSH AND HURTFUL ADVISE  and WHILE CONDEMNING US for not having the faith to be healed.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE HELL OUR LIVES ARE TURNED INTO AND THE CONTINUAL DAMAGE THAT CAN HAPPEN FOR A LIFE TIME.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR BEING THERE FOR ME WHEN MY LIFE IS TURNED INSIDE OUT. YOU ARE MY "CENTER" I COME BACK TO WHEN THE "CRAZY" BEGINS TO SUBSIDE.

I GUARANTEE  THAT IF ANY OF YOU COME BACK TO COMMENT IN A NEGATIVE WAY WHO HAVE BEEN CRITICAL, AND TRY TO JUSTIFY YOUR CRUEL COMMENTS... I WILL BE IN YOUR FACE, and I WILL LOVE YOU THE SAME WAY JESUS DID THE PHARISEES WHEN HE CALLED THEM WHITE WASHED TOMBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoken in great love to everyone, and SPOKEN IN GREATER LOVE AND PROTECTION FOR THOSE HERE WHO ARE HURTING AND BEEN HURT BY SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS WHO HAVE NO EMPATHY OR LOVE, FOR THOSE FOREVER DAMAGED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU'VE NEVER HEARD "RIGHTEOUS ANGER" BEFORE.....YOU HAVE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2