• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I do not have my cell phone settings clicked on  linking to any wifi. I simply have purchase sufficient data to meet my needs.

There are unlimited data plans by cellphone service providers, with plans that limit usage by the month plus plans that allow roll over of unused but purchased data fromprevious months.

And again the company, Verizon for example sends out messages telling of how much data has ben used, when you are getting low. They then offer extra data for the rest of the month at low rate that will roll over if not used. They also slow down the speed on you when you get very low so that you become aware of it.

As example; I added 1 gig of data to my 4 gig plan for $5more, then  I found that was not going to be enough so I added 3 more for $15 more. I now have a plan (that I can reduce or increase as needed each month) presently set at 8 gigs a month. No wifi in use! 

I then physically hard wire ( USB cable) link my cell phone to my laptop using the phone as my" hotspot". Connected that way I am enabled to open duckduckGo and search the web, visit worthy, do whatever. No cable service needed, no wifi needed,  no satellite needed. I do have to be in cell tower range- if my phone works my internet connects.

Same here, Neighbor. I don't connect to any wifi except our personal home wifi. When I'm away from home, I use a tethered hotspot like you do. It's simple and uses very little data unless you watch a lot of videos or do computer gaming neither of which I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, Jubilea said:

Same here, Neighbor. I don't connect to any wifi except our personal home wifi. When I'm away from home, I use a tethered hotspot like you do. It's simple and uses very little data unless you watch a lot of videos or do computer gaming neither of which I do.

Hi, and ha I learned something new. Just as I was saying no problem  here, I couldn't get on the internet.

Seems Apple was insisting I download an upgrade to security, and I need wifi to do that. Can't do it using data.

So I finally broke down and went to the unsecure wifi in the woods here. Probably pretty safe, just me and the bears here right now plus a couple old people playing pickle ball. 

Good ol Mac said four hours to download, but it was  just forty minutes total on this slow in the hills service.  

I am now back online able to give the world my best (ha), but not at city cable company internet speeds.  Went in to town, a forty mile round trip run, to get some lunch and saw there is a hurricane. All I had known is it is fun, fine, pleasant temperatures, and just good folk all around here, each saying  "Have a blessed day!", and meaning it. God is so good, what a privilege it is to be here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

So I finally broke down and went to the unsecure wifi in the woods here.

Your going out into the woods and using wifi? Just what are you up too? :D

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Just what are you up too?

Ha, to the bunkers to the bunkers.  -No, I am just enjoying something I should have done many decades ago.

I am out of the heavily populated areas, I am without the background din of city traffic and bad air. I am away from tensions that I did not realize existed and were affecting me. I am at rest with my bride. And I have lost a full twenty pounds without much trying. No tv at all! I read I study I pray and I praise. I feel very much refreshed and my mind is though rested free of tensions of life  quite ready to begin  a venture of some sort. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

When we were living in the north of Scotland, we had extremely slow internet.

I used to joke that one morning when I went on the computer, I thought gosh, the internet seems faster than normal today. Then I realised I hadn’t yet switched the modem on! 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

With my slow wifi satellite connection and old computer; I've been forced to enjoy drinking cold coffee while waiting. So haven't noticed a difference  :mellow:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

58 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Is it just me or is the forum slow as molasses again? :wacko:

Don't feel alone in this. It's lagging beyond all capable functioning like never before. Internet is fine and nothing else is a problem. Trying to PM was a tremendous effort and, I was going to submit a prayer if at all possible. Guess that's just going to have to wait. Back later and hoping for the best. 

1126665024_balloonhang.gif.410446cbbe3770363236e13f9cf795e0.gif

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

George works long ,hard hours. He may have fallen asleep at the switch......WAKE UP GEORGE!!! ...... just kidding, of course......I am not stupid.....it’s that Brazilian Rain Forest thing........lol....

• Haha 1

Yeah. Same here. Slow. 

57 minutes ago, Heather2019 said:

Seems to be working faster for me when I am not logged in.  Or maybe that's just my imagination.

It was that way for me last time. I thought I got put on the naughty list. :cool:

• Haha 1