• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,833
  • Content Per Day:  5.78
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Can't help thinking about this song.

I can only imagine

What my eyes will see when Your face is before me :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This happen a few years ago. It was something I have never  experienced before.  I was home one evening and I had just loaded the dishes into the dishwasher.  I hadn't had my Bible reading time that day so I thought, well the dishes are loaded the family has been feed; this is a good time to go do my Bible reading. I went to the bedroom and closed the door. I sat down on the bed and just open up my Bible to a verse( I don't remember what it was) .  I just read a verse my Bible open to and all of a sudden it was like this warm, feeling of peace came over me! It was like a presence that filled up the whole room! I just wanted to stay there. In that presence   I had not even prayed yet. All I had down was read a Bible verse. And it was like I was in the presence of pure peace and love like I have never felt before!  That was God right?  God's presence?  

Thats just the shadow of the new Jerusalem in new earth n new heaven God has promised us 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

For what is it worth.......these “ Close Encounters” were not given to me because I was “ a good boy”.....quite to the contrary .My first experience with “ The Peace That Passes Understanding”, came at a point in my life where I was clueless about Christianity and if anybody was grading my “ Performance” at that time it would a  very hearty “ F”...( I am now a solid D- ! ) For Some unknown reason, this turned out to be a gift from God After the night of terror I experienced when I saw myself as He saw me.Not pretty.I was wretched .Heading for hell like a bullet.Without hope.Nothing left to do but TURN TO GOD, and plead......”God have mercy on me, a sinner”.......That Heavenly Peace was what I woke up to the following day.My experience was a life- changer that completely divided my life into two pieces.Define “ repentance” anyway you prefer.I know what it is. I lived it .The absolute Horror of seeing yourself as God rightly sees you......This horrific experience turned out to be the single most important night of my life.Maybe this is why I have had the blessing of never being a Legalist . I know our true wretchedness and the folly of trying to conjure up some kind of “ righteousness” beyond the Gift of Imputed Righteousness, Given to Al that come to God through Jesus.Perhaps the Legalists need a good dose of what I was gifted with.A True Conviction by the Holy Spirit opening my eyes as to who I was and seeing the Majesty Of who HE is. I was convicted of sin and TURNED TO GOD as a lost sinner.Can we call that Repentance?If “ Repentance” means to have a “ mind change”—— my mind was change forever that night.Maybe this conviction and mind change explains what the Legalist lacks Maybe that is why they maintain their folly of TRYING to be saved vs. TRUSTING to be saved .Sorry if I derailed things.....If this was a “ derailment”—— it was a good one.This stuff is important— some believe it is the difference between Heaven andcHell.Anybody else share in my experience?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, IainL said:

Can't help thinking about this song.

I can only imagine

What my eyes will see when Your face is before me :)

Today please.

• Praise God! 3

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

What seems so amazing to me was that I never asked for it.  I did not do anything to deserve such a blessing. All I did was open my Bible and read the first verse I came to.  I always thought you had to cry and plead to God in order for him to fill you in such a way.  But I did nothing. Nothing more then reading a Bible verse. And he was there for me, and he filled me. That it is really for me what seems to be most amazing about this encounter. :)

That is one way we know it is from Him, we know all too well that we don't deserve it.  We recognize that it is because of His Love alone. "When strivings cease"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

LadyKay, 

What a blessing to feel God’s presence so acutely and yes I believe it was His Spirit you felt.  The last time I felt this extraordinary peaceful and joyful feeling come over me was at a church service. That morning I just wanted to sit there basking in the Lord’s light.  I also remember thinking that whatever I was feeling would pale in comparison to how it will be to actually be in the Lord’s presence for eternity.

Psalms 16:11, “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

This happen a few years ago. It was something I have never  experienced before.  I was home one evening and I had just loaded the dishes into the dishwasher.  I hadn't had my Bible reading time that day so I thought, well the dishes are loaded the family has been feed; this is a good time to go do my Bible reading. I went to the bedroom and closed the door. I sat down on the bed and just open up my Bible to a verse( I don't remember what it was) .  I just read a verse my Bible open to and all of a sudden it was like this warm, feeling of peace came over me! It was like a presence that filled up the whole room! I just wanted to stay there. In that presence   I had not even prayed yet. All I had down was read a Bible verse. And it was like I was in the presence of pure peace and love like I have never felt before!  That was God right?  God's presence?  

I have heard of other experiences like yours. It is not common. Sometimes God gives us a very small preview experience of heaven. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  33

This is so exciting.

A glimpse of Heaven, and being in the presence of Jesus for eternity.

We are one breath away from Heaven, as a Christian friend once said to me. How true. We could be there tomorrow.

And whilst we're down here, He encourages us, reassures us and reminds us of the great future we have coming, with Him.

I often talk to Jesus when I'm out walking the dog. And I really feel His presence, just like He is walking beside me. In fact just the other day, without thinking I went to hold out my right hand to hold His hand whilst I was talking to Him, when I suddenly realized when I had tried to do, and I praised and thanked him.

John 14:21

21 The person who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him [I will make Myself real to him].

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

Please note.....Jesus said, “ M Y” Commandments- NOT the Commandments Of Moses......Jesus left us with Two Commands—- Believe and Love.