IGNORED

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

If fact, on occasion when our music director asks the congregation if they have a favorite hymn we would like to sing. I'm not opposed to jumping up waving my arms and shouting "Jesus Loves Me". :D

Right on, ...one time, as our worship leader was singing (his name was Jack and his wife's name is Jill, no kidding), he paused for about 15-20 seconds and then started to lead us in "Jesus loves me," it was just him and Jill singing the first sentence, ...then the whole church joined in, ...we truly worshiped in Spirit and Truth, is the only thing I can say.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, peeday said:

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven? Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?

The solution is a person. The Bible explains that Jesus Christ, being God, innocent and perfect, switched places with us on the cross. He died a horrible death by torture to take our sin, guilt and shame, our imperfection. He then rose from the dead, and as the Bible says, “God loved the world in this way--He gave His Son [I hold one hand up], so whoever trusts Him [I raise my other hand] shall not perish but has eternal life [I fold the fingers of my hands together].” (Trust is clearer than “believe” for John 3:16.) Put another way, “God made Jesus, who was perfect, to be imperfect [I cross my arms over each other] for us, that we who are imperfect might become as perfect as God.”” (2 Corinthians 5:21)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 hours ago, peeday said:

If you were to die tonight are you sure you'd go to heaven? Has anyone ever explained how you can know for sure?

First you need to understand what heaven is. Heaven, I believe, is what our lives become when we obey the Lord's commandments. You go there when you repent of your sin (Matt 4:17) - you don't have to wait till you die.

Where do we go, then, when we die? I call it the resurrection.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, peeday said:

Forget tonight, if you saw someone struck by a bus who had SECONDS to live, you'd tell them TRUST JESUS.

TRUST JESUS FOR ETERNAL LIFE.

• This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I do not know where God will send me, and I don't care.

I can always feel God's Love in my heart, and all I care about is loving that Love that loves me.

Even if I am sent to hell, all I care about is loving God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

Yup, I'll see y'all at the Gathering Together. 

• Loved it! 1

Yes. 

Not said through arrogance. I just accept and love Lord Jesus as Saviour and my greatest wish and hope is to spend eternity in His presence. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/24/2019 at 1:21 AM, peeday said:

Shalom @peeday

I'm sure you have seen the repetition in the posts. There's no point me contributing but rather may I ask, are you unsure? What concerns you about it the most? Do you feel otherwise for a reason or a worry? 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

12 hours ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

This pains me to read, brother. You feel His love in your heart, but you do not trust God's promise that you will one day be in Heaven worshipping our Heavenly Father and Jesus forevermore? You believe God loves you but would send you to hell? I am confused.

Romans 10:9-10 "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

Romans verse 10:9-10 does not declare a promise, but a fact about one's condition of heart at the time of believing. Paul, has no right to make promises on behalf of God.

Similarly, who am I to judge where I end up. The point is, if I cared where I end up, I won't be unconditional in my love for Christ/God. Instead, I would be expressing love as a means to win favour, and regardless of how subtle that may be, it still would be a deception, and conditional on my part. Such hidden subtle agendas are unworthy of being saved as a treasure in heaven.

So I prefer to let go of any expectations/outcome, and simply love loving the Love that loves me. As I said, that is all I care about.

Edited by Raven
  • Thumbs Up 1