Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

The  7 day sabbath was given to Isarel as a sign throughout her generations. The law was given to Isarel to set her apart from the other nations. They were given a curse if they did not obey all of it

The sabbath is not for the church of God it was for Isarel. If anyone tells a Christian they have to keep the 7 day sabbath they are deceiving them. 

The sign of Christian is there loving there brother and sister. The world will know your different if we do. Jesus said so. The law was a schoolmaster. Now a Christian does not need a schoolmaster. They walk in the freedom of the holy spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

We rcvd daily Sabbath rest in Jesus. Any Amen ? Where is Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

9 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The  7 day sabbath was given to Isarel as a sign throughout her generations. The law was given to Isarel to set her apart from the other nations. They were given a curse if they did not obey all of it

Incorrect.  The Sabbath was established with creation in Genesis 2:3, long before Israel existed. 

In the 10 commandments, Yahweh says REMEMBER the Sabbath. It wasn't introduced at that time, but reminded. 

But if you dislike the Sabbath, you dislike the Sabbath. Do as you will.  But careful on what you say about it in front of others, as if teaching them, without first verifying the facts undisputedly. 

Edited by Tzephanyahu

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Wayne.  I'm new here.  I was raised as an American without much religious training, so that was the extent of the indoctrination I had to work through when I was rescued from the vortex of hopelessness by the precious blood of Jesus.   

For many years I thought that the Sabbath was for the people of Israel only.  I figured if a person wanted to keep the idea of the sabbath at all, they were free to pick any day or no day at all.  The Church picked Sunday because of the resurrection and taught that the day was changed by God, so for years that was what I lived at least to the extent that most American Christians live it. 

Someone challenged me to see if there is really support for that concept in the new testament teachings.  When I did a really close look I actually found there is very poor support for the idea.  I had to conclude that it was a part of the church history to shift away from what the Apostles actually did and taught to later adopt what seemed better in the eyes of people.  I can only imagine that it made some degree of sense to them at the time.  I also found out it wasn't the only shift of ideas that happened.

When I realized that I felt better walking according to what God gave us rather than what people since then decided, I made the conscious decision to keep His Sabbaths as best I could as His gift, His sign of Who He is to His people, His appointed time for meeting with me.  I call it a blessing, similar to the joke about the father who wanted to prove the obedience of his kids by commanding that they eat their ice cream.  I'm obeying, but it's a joy.  If I'm pulled up short at the last day for this, I'll bear the consequences, but historically, Israel was pulled up short many times for forgetting Who the LORD is, the same One Who gave them life-giving commandments and the day off to draw close to Him, the Life-giver. 

I hear a lot of people hollering "bondage, legalism, self-righteousness, falling from grace" when people introduce ideas like the Sabbath, but it's simply taking God at His word and realizing that He had no reason to change what He was saying to people from the beginning.  His nature didn't change, and neither did the nature of people.  I did discover it's not a popular stance to remember His Sabbaths to keep them separated for Him - to keep them observed and holy.  But it's hardly an act of works to take the day off to meet with Him, to rest, with His blessing!   I haven't found adopting this part of God's wisdom to pull me from that wonderful relationship we can have through Jesus Christ, and from this perspective looking back, I muse why I thought it would. 

The LORD is at work in His people and He deals with each of us individually.  I would encourage you to look at the evidences in Scripture about the Sabbath so that you are completely convinced in own life.  That's what matters - but I would tell you the same thing about any concept or any behavior.  Keep pressing inward to His very heart so that His life is worked out in every fiber of your existence.  May you experience His best for your life.  -Ruth

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  11

Actually God ordained the Sabbath, the seventh day rest, right after He finished His work of creation-- well before Israel was a people, well before the Law was even established.

Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

I don't post this as debate at all, but just to offer the beautiful image of God resting, and His invitation to us to join Him on this blessed and sanctified day. Rather than viewing Sabbath as a law, I see it as a privilege.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

In the 10 commandments, Yahweh says REMEMBER the Sabbath. It wasn't introduced at that time, but reminded. 

Well then, ...what about these verses?

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.  Rom 4:15

(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law Rom 5:13

Example: Cain killed his brother Abel, the Law said it was the death penalty for murder, ...but God, ...the Judge, ...didn't condemn Cain to death.

Interesting point, REMEMBER the Sabbath, ...what does the Word tell us Adam did on the Sabbath, ...Look for it, ...please tell us...

What the Word says, ...is God rested on the Sabbath, ...not one single word about what Adam did or did not do, or was required by God to do, ...except to "dress" and "keep" the Garden, ...and again no mention of what day he was to not work.

What the Word does tell us is God came looking for Adam in the cool of the day, ...it does not say what day that was, ...Adam is mentioned 18 times in the Book of Genesis and 1 time in the book of Deuteronomy, not one single time in the Genesis account does it tell us he "kept" the Sabbath, AND the one time he is mentioned in Deuteronomy, ...after the Law had been given, there is no mention of him ever "keeping" the Law. 

4 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

But careful on what you say about it in front of others, as if teaching them, without first verifying the facts undisputedly. 

Here is the "undisputed" TRUTH, ...spoken from the Mouth of God, about "keeping" the Sabbath:

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.  And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.  And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.   Exo 19:6-8

The Law was given to the children of Israel, ...NOT the Gentiles, ..."keeping" the Sabbath was given to the church by Ellen G. White, ...NOT God!

May I humbly remind you in the Love of Christ what Jesus had to say about this:

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.  Matt 18:6

And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in Me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.  Mark 9:42

Then said He unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.  Luke 17:1-2

The word offend and offenses is the word skandalizō and it's derivative, ...which means to set a trap, to place a stumbling block in front of someone...

It looks to me Jesus is very adamant about doing this to cause His sheep to stumble and fall into a trap!

Folks, lurkers, new in the Faith, those that lack sound Biblical teaching, ...this what the Holy Spirit wrote through the quill of Paul to us, His Church:

(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.  Rom 5:13

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.  Rom 6:15

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.  Rom 8:2

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.  Rom 10:4

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.  Gal 5:18

Dear ones, ...all of this Sabbath keeping is wrong, ...the above verses from the New Covenant are for us in the True Church of our Lord Jesus Christ, ...unfortunately and sadly what we are observing today is the great deception and apostasy from the Word of God that Paul told us would happen in the Last Days.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Every day to the believer is one of Sabbath rest, since we have ceased from our spiritual labor and are resting in the salvation of the Lord.

• Hebrews 4:9-11, “So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.”
  • Galatians 4:10-11, “You observe days and months and seasons and years! I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.”
  • Romans 14:5-6, “One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord.

However, we are told not to judge or be a stumbling block to those who keep the sabbath. 

• Galatians 5:13, "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The sabbath is not for the church of God it was for Isarel. If anyone tells a Christian they have to keep the 7 day sabbath they are deceiving them. 

The sign of Christian is there loving there brother and sister. The world will know your different if we do. Jesus said so. The law was a schoolmaster. Now a Christian does not need a schoolmaster. They walk in the freedom of the holy spirit.

Jesus told us that the Sabbath was made for us, not the other way around. In other words, we need a day of rest each week, I believe. My way of looking at it is: It doesn't matter which day of the week it is, or it could even be two half days, three third days, or four fourth days, just so it adds up to a full day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Incorrect.  The Sabbath was established with creation in Genesis 2:3, long before Israel existed. 

But if you dislike the Sabbath, you dislike the Sabbath. Do as you will.  But careful on what you say about it in front of others, as if teaching them, without first verifying the facts undisputedly. 

What facts do I have wrong ? You want to be under the law that's your mistake not mine. I am careful to speak truth. The law of moses is a yoke on the neck of the believers. I kept the 7 day sabbath for years as part of the worldwide church of God. But scripture does not command new testament Christian to keep the 7 day sabbath.