Questions about the second coming

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, my name is Ashlee, I'm doing research on how Christian beliefs on the second coming differ.  I have 3 sets of questions that shouldn't take long to answer, I would love anyone to participate.  I will be recording these answers (all anonymously of course :) ), but if you wouldn't mind sharing your denomination with your answers to the questions that would be Amazing, (if you don't want to share your denomination you could just say christian or other if you still want to participate), Thanks!

1. What are your beliefs around the second coming? Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind?  Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

3. What, in your mind, is more emphasized about the second coming, paradise or judgement?

Your answers can be as long or short as you like :) Have a great day!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I moved the topic here because this is a more appropriate forum.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

1. I'm Presbyterian. We never put too much emphasis or discussion on Jesus' second coming in my church, probably because no one figured it would happen in his or her lifetime, unlike the early church where they thought they'd live to see Jesus return. I think some of the signs have already happened. I honestly believe much of Revelation was directed against the Roman Empire and Nero was the number of the beast 666. https://detroitcatholic.com/news/gary-michuta/does-666-add-up-to-nero. My personal belief is that the second coming might be just as the first. The Jews were expecting a Messiah to deliver them from earthly enslavement such as the Roman occupation and not a spiritual one. Christians are expecting Jesus' return in a certain way, and I wouldn't be surprised if that return were much different than what we believe the scriptures are telling us. I'm sure that Jesus will fulfill scripture, but not in a way we Christians might think. 

2. "Wars and rumors of wars." is supposed to be one of the first signs, but considering that there have always been wars and rumors of wars, that sounds like the status quo. There was the Pax Romana for 200 years, but before and after there was war. In modern times, we have wars and rumors of war daily. That ties into climate change. The climate has always been changing, but now we are looking at possible hardships predicted in our future that mankind has yet to face on a global scale. 

3. IMHO, more Christians focus on judgment rather than paradise. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Ashlee said:

Hi, my name is Ashlee, I'm doing research on how Christian beliefs on the second coming differ.  I have 3 sets of questions that shouldn't take long to answer, I would love anyone to participate.  I will be recording these answers (all anonymously of course :) ), but if you wouldn't mind sharing your denomination with your answers to the questions that would be Amazing, (if you don't want to share your denomination you could just say christian or other if you still want to participate), Thanks!

1. What are your beliefs around the second coming?

I am not sure which beliefs you are talking about as there are many different beliefs.  What I personally believe is that the world will be seriously hurting after the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments have been poured out.

1. Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

Not at that time.  We will have paradise when we receive the new heavens and the new earth.

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind? 

We will see Jesus coming int he clouds.  There will be many signs that His time is drawing near, but at His coming, the whole world will see Him.

2. ... Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

The climate has always been in a flux and changing.  That said, we are told there there will be earthquakes in various places, which certainly happening more now than ever recorded in history.

3. What, in your mind, is more emphasized about the second coming, paradise or judgement?

Judgment, according to scripture.

Edited by OneLight
forematting
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

4 hours ago, Ashlee said:

1. What are your beliefs around the second coming? Do you believe in a paradise after Christ comes?

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind?  Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

Hey Ashlee!  

Okay, I am non-denominational Christian. 

1.  I am going to guess what you mean by beliefs feel free to correct me if I misunderstand.   I believe that Jesus will come again and there will be a pre-trib rapture versus a mid or end trib-rapture.  Does that answer part A of question 1?   B.  First there will be judgement then after we get the new earth there will be paradise.  

2.  He will be coming with the clouds and everyone will see him is what I believe.   B.  Perhaps although the climate is always changing so possibly.  

3.  First there is a lot of emphasis on the judgement, (Most of the book of Revelation)  then it talks about paradise after that but not for as many chapters.  

Hope this answers your questions.

Edited by IloveyouGod.
Spelling Stuff.
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Ashlee said:

Hello Ashlee

good to see you here :emot-highfive:

I believe Paradise in the form of Gods spectacular city, Which is called the New Jerusalem ( described in the book of Revelation chapter 21 ) will not arrive until 1000 years after Jesus return to earth.. When Jesus returns to earth there will be a resurrection of the Saints and those Saints who are still alive at the time of the return of Jesus will be transformed into perfected beings.. So for the resurrected Saints and the raptured Saints life will be perfect but for the nations that remain they will still be imperfect and they will continue to live normal lives, But they will be under the rule of Jesus and the Saints..

2. What is the first sign of Jesus's coming that comes to your mind? 

Great persecution of true Christians and a Fake Messiah who many in the world will believe is the returned Jesus while others will believe is the Messiahs first coming.. He will lead a great alliance and his followers will believe that he is God and will execute people who refuse to worship His image..

Do you think how the climate is changing is a sign that Jesus is coming?

Not really.. But near the time of the return of Jesus the Sun will increase in it's power and cause mankind to suffer from the heat.. The current theory of climate change has carbon emissions into the atmosphere as the cause of climate change.. So the two are different..

I see them as equal in emphasis...  But on the Day of His coming there will be great wrath / judgement upon those who have persecuted the Saints..

Oh i am non-denominational..

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I believe that first Jesus will take the Church to heaven to be with Him before the wrath and judgment comes upon this earth . Then there will be the 7 year tribulation. Then Jesus will appear on this earth and will separate the sheep from the goats. The sheep are the believers and will go into the 1000 year millennium and the goats are the unbelievers and will be sent to Hades to be judged at the last of the 1000 year millennium at the Great White throne judgment. 

There is no sign of the rapture of the Church. It is a silent event that only the born again Christians will experience. Read the book of Revelation and it will tell you the events that will happen in the seven year tribulation. I won't be there but I will be coming with Jesus at the end on a white horse. 

Both are emphasized.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Ashlee said:

There is way more to these questions than simple one paragraph answers.

First, you have to get a grip on WHY Yeshua came in the first place. Then you must fully understand "as in the days of Noah" that He said in Matt 24. Then, when that is understood, one needs to go back to Genesis. The 'dove' germatria equates to Alpha and Omega. At his baptism we see the dove. After the flood we see a dove. So let us first start at the beginning in Genesis and get a full understanding of the BEGINNING. Then we look at Noah's day, and finally at the Har - megedon Mountain of The Lord end battle for Eden and the Heavenly Throne. No theology I have heard embraces all of this... but millions have been made selling false ideas.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

18 hours ago, Ashlee said:

but if you wouldn't mind sharing your denomination with your answers to the questions that would be Amazing,

Hi Ashlee, Briefly, I was Born a Lutheran, Raised a Baptist, and consider myself a member of the Body of Christ, which is not a denomination. I take it this for a project or a study, I wish I had forums on the internet when I was in college to do these surveys, as they would have been so much easier.

18 hours ago, Ashlee said:

1. I am a Premillennialist dispensationalist, who believes there is a final week for Israel the nation to be restored. When the fulness of the gentiles comes in, the church will be raptured from the earth. I Believe this will happen before the wrath of God, But the church will face the Great Tribulation and the mark of the beast. (Pre-Wrath) 

1b. The Millenial reign of Christ is a thousand year reign on earth of Jesus ruling from Israel. The nations will still be around, but subservient to Jesus the Ruler. Those who partake in the first resurrection will rule and reign with Christ for that thousand years, and continue on in our heavenly bodies to be with the LORD Jesus when the Millennium is over and go to heaven.

2. The apostacy, The falling away from the Love of the Truth, Jesus is the Truth. This is and has been happening for the past century with the Post modern mindset that makes all truth relative, and Began with the "higher criticism" movements of the end of the 19th century.

2b. Creation is groaning for the revelation of the sons of God. (Romans 8:22, paraphrased) It is waiting and yearning for the restoration as much as we who live by the Spirit are yearning for the return of the LORD Jesus. That being said, much of Climate change is Pseudo science used to instill fear and control in the population, so that the rising beast system (global government) can control every aspect of your life. Jesus Will bring restoration to the climate, something the Beast (false messiah) will be incapable of doing and part of this climate chaos will be brought about by the two witnesses, and the other by the plagues of revelation.

3. The institutional churches of men emphasize paradise and feel good theology, The Word of God emphasizes judgment. With Judgment comes vindication for those who have served the LORD, and in the end God wins, and those who serve him will be rewarded accordingly. So depending on where you are you will view the final week and the tribulation it brings with fear and horror or Joy and sorrow.

God Bless.   

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I guess you could call me non-denominational. 

1. Revelations can be a rather confusing and esoteric book. As such, I don't think much of anything will make much sense or be too obvious until it's passed. While it can offer insight as to how this earth ends, I think it better to stress salvation through Christ. A bullet is coming; you don't know when, so you might as well don kevlar in the meantime, you know? As for specifics, well... Sorry, but I just don't know. I'm no scholar nor teacher; I'm just a guy.

A paradise... Eventually. Not right away. There is a new heaven and new earth, but where the story goes beyond that remains to be seen.

2. When Jesus was asked on the Mount of Olives about the signs of his coming, he says first, "see that no one deceives you". False prophets and messiahs have always been, and I think it will become much more frequent near the end. Climate change has always been a thing; I don't buy into the doomsday theories put forth. Perhaps it does play a part, though, what with earthquakes and other disasters.

3. I'd like to say both, but... Probably judgement if we're going by "more". 

• Well Said! 1