• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

19 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

And just to clarify, they believe they worship the same God as Christians and Jews, as far as the Father is concerned. The same way Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses believe, but they don’t believe our New Testament. They believe we were deceived the same way we believe they are deceived.

Another thing,  Some see the Catholic teachings as representing the Christian Faith, so they believe our faith teaches that God has a mother which they see as blasphemous.

Also, They misinterpret catholic teachings and believe we teach a sexual relationship brought about God the Son.

This is what I learned in college. Hope this helps.

They do not believe in the same God, did Allah  have a son who died for mankind so they might be saved? Allah is a moongod.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

They do not believe in the same God, did Allah  have a son who died for mankind so they might be saved? Allah is a moongod.

Of course they don’t believe in the same God. I said ***they*** believe that we all worship the same God but that we went astray by believing the NT was inspired and that Christ is God. The same as Jehovah Witness’s believe we are confused. Obviously Islam has bigger differences from us than JW’s, I’m just giving an example of how some believe we all start from the same point and then go astray after a certain point.

Before I go(in my car) it’s impossoble to even say what they truly believe because there are so many factions within their religion just like Christianity has different denominations. Better to be confident in what we believe instead of worrying about what someone else believes.

preach the Gospel and shake the dust from your feet if it’s not accepted.

4 hours ago, existential mabel said:

thanks OneLight.

where was Allah when God chose the Jews as His chosen race? did Allah exist at this time? dunno if you can help here ....

Allah is Lucifer, so that should answer your questions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

9 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

This is an interesting topic because they(Muslims, not terrorists or jihadists) believe:

1. in one God and that He is the God of Abraham, Issac and Moses.

2. They believe the Torah was inspired and given to the Jews.

3. They believe Christ is still to come.

It has not been revealed to them that Christ is God and not just a prophet.

I would have to strongly disagree with this. It has been revealed to them and everyone else in the world that Christ is God and not a simple prophet, by Christ Himself. Muslims, even nice, well centered, moral, non-jihadist muslims, needs Jesus just like everyone else does. Their false beliefs about Jesus are just as lethal to them from a spiritual perspective as the belief of anyone else who rejects Christ.

In short, they are believing lies told them by a false prophet. The fact that there are tidbits of truth mixed in is part and parcel. Virtually every false prophet who has ever existed mixes kernels of truth with falsehoods, some more, some less. In Mohammad's case, it's a whole lot of falsehood and very little truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Here is all one needs to know about those that adhere to Satan’s Counterfeit to Christianity, Islam.

They subtly say that Jesus is **** A **** son Of God, as opposed to ****THE**** Son Of God. Believe the former and you are damned. Believe the latter and you are saved.Ask the Ethiopian Eunich— it was enough to get “ him” saved.Many who put their faith unknowingly in Satan ( Allah) are coming to Christ in record numbers- especially Iran , of all places. Let us pray that this continues! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I would have to strongly disagree with this. It has been revealed to them and everyone else in the world that Christ is God and not a simple prophet, by Christ Himself. 

Romans 11: 8 as it is written, 

“God gave them a spirit of stupor, 

eyes that would not see 

and ears that would not hear, 

down to this very day.” 

27 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

In short, they are believing lies told them by a false prophet. The fact that there are tidbits of truth mixed in is part and parcel. Virtually every false prophet who has ever existed mixes kernels of truth with falsehoods, some more, some less. In Mohammad's case, it's a whole lot of falsehood and very little truth.

I think you may be arguing a different point. I’m not sure what this is directed at. Obviously Christianity and Islam are different. The original post seemed to be asking if Muslims believe that “Allah” is the God of the Old Testament. That is what Muslims believe.  Their faith starts there. so does the Mormon faith and JWs.

Joseph Smith is a false prophet, but my understanding is that most Mormons believe the OT was inspired. So they believe they are worshipping the same God as us, but they believe we are lost because we don’t except Joseph Smith. That is the same with Muslims. Maybe we are talking about two different things. 

2 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Romans 11: 8 as it is written, 

“God gave them a spirit of stupor, 

eyes that would not see 

and ears that would not hear, 

down to this very day.” 

Romans 11 is probably the biggest singular new testament exposition on the disposition of God's people, Israel. The above quoted verse has absolutely nothing to do with muslims. It's speaking of Jews:

Rom 11:6  And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. 
Rom 11:7  What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Rom 11:8  Just as it is written: "GOD HAS GIVEN THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES THAT THEY SHOULD NOT SEE AND EARS THAT THEY SHOULD NOT HEAR, TO THIS VERY DAY."

5 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

The above quoted verse has absolutely nothing to do with muslims. It's speaking of Jews:

Never ever said it had anything to do with Muslims. You made a blanket statement that Christ is God  has been revealed to “everyone” in the world. 

If some were “blinded” then it has not been revealed to them.

Edited by ReneeIW

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

I think you may be arguing a different point. I’m not sure what this is directed at. Obviously Christianity and Islam are different. The original post seemed to be asking if Muslims believe that “Allah” is the God of the Old Testament. That is what Muslims believe.  Their faith starts there. so does the Mormon faith and JWs.

Joseph Smith is a false prophet, but my understanding is that most Mormons believe the OT was inspired. So they believe they are worshipping the same God as us, but they believe we are lost because we don’t except Joseph Smith. That is the same with Muslims. Maybe we are talking about two different things. 

I would argue that Muslim faith does not start at the God of the old testament, but at Muhammad. They believe that Muhammad is the prophet and what he said is supreme. The only things they consider outside of his specific writings are the Haditha, which are basically said to be records of his exposition of his specific writings and daily practices for muslims according to him. They give no credence to the Torah. They think the promises were through Ishmael, not Isaac, for instance. Muhammad is a false prophet and their religion is a prophet-based religion above all else, therefore their religion is entirely false.