• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, dailyprayerwarrior said:

Blood Bought nailed the answer. People are in hell for not accepting Jesus. Thats it

People go to heaven for repenting and believing in Jesus.

People go to hell as consequence of their sins.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

14 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

. I do not agree with Once Saved Always Saved and that is that .. 

From God's perspective, Once saved always saved, is correct. God knows exactly who He has saved and who He hasn't. For us that is a mystery.

From men's perspective, Once saved always saved, is not always correct. Reason is that we just don't know it for others and sometimes not even for ourselves.

BUT if you are truly saved, the Holy Spirit within you will testify your salvation.

BUT unsaved people may feel / think they are saved.

That is why the bible tells us that there are wolves and goats dwelling within His sheep.

If you are believing that people can be saved by God and after a while undo God's work of salvation towards that same person... that idea is moving towards blasphemy, denying God's sovereignty.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

The scriptures speak for themselves. We need to take them at face value. It is not up to private interpretation. We aren't allowed to pick and choose according to our feelings. It is natural to be repelled by the thought of eternal torment. But we have to trust that God knows what He is doing.

He went through a LOT (beyond our limited comprehension to fully grasp) to bring us the wonderful, free gift of Salvation. If we reject it...whose fault is that? It is getting into dangerous territory to point the finger at God about the way He chooses to do things. Job tried that approach and it didn't work.

Likewise, to deny the truth of scripture (finding ways around it) amounts to mere mind-science. It won't change a thing in the end. It is wrong to try to 're-invent God' to someone we feel more comfortable with just because our finite minds have trouble grasping humans being in the Lake of Fire. Yet the scriptures bear it out-

To those who are close-minded, please do reconsider. To those who are still 'on the fence' please read these verses prayerfully and ask God's Spirit to guide you into all truth. I post this out of love. I hope it will be received as such.

"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."(Matthew 13:41-42)

"And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:50)

"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (Matthew 25:46)

"Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

"And the smoke of their torment ascends up forever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:11)

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

13 hours ago, enoob57 said:

They are not ignored they are tempered by that which is clearly stated and thus could be nothing else...

Yup---words are important and especially those words spoken by Jesus Himself. Do you agree.

Look at the many times that word for 'perish' is used. That word has meaning and the Holy Spirit chose to use it.

I only ask that you consider those verses and then ask the Lord, if what much of what christendom has taught for many years, may be false.

There are simply far more scriptures that deal with ultimate fate that mention a ceasing to exist/destruction, than those that seem to say the ultimate fate of the unredeemed are tortured for eternity.

Rightly dividing the word. I have only attempted to do this.

Edited by Alive

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 12/14/2019 at 4:02 PM, Alive said:

I suspect that when the unsaved face the judgement seat and realize what they have lost, there will be a kind of suffering of being that is quite severe. The psychic blow will be worse than any can imagine.

After which, I suspect there will be grace and justice.

Justice according to deeds and grace is a subsequent destruction.

Second death. Or for us Life eternal.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, turtletwo said:

The scriptures speak for themselves. We need to take them at face value. It is not up to private interpretation. We aren't allowed to pick and choose according to our feelings. It is natural to be repelled by the thought of eternal torment. But we have to trust that God knows what He is doing.

He went through a LOT (beyond our limited comprehension to fully grasp) to bring us the wonderful, free gift of Salvation. If we reject it...whose fault is that? It is getting into dangerous territory to point the finger at God about the way He chooses to do things. Job tried that approach and it didn't work.

Likewise, to deny the truth of scripture (finding ways around it) amounts to mere mind-science. It won't change a thing in the end. It is wrong to try to 're-invent God' to someone we feel more comfortable with just because our finite minds have trouble grasping humans being in the Lake of Fire. Yet the scriptures bear it out-

To those who are close-minded, please do reconsider. To those who are still 'on the fence' please read these verses prayerfully and ask God's Spirit to guide you into all truth. I post this out of love. I hope it will be received as such.

"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."(Matthew 13:41-42)

"And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:50)

"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (Matthew 25:46)

"Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

"And the smoke of their torment ascends up forever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:11)

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

I just want to give a special thank you to turtle and believer for bringing many scrips on this topic .

I want to bring one more .

In revelations it is written that if man takes from or adds to the things written in that book ,  WOE WOE WOE do notice rev fourteen eleven and rev twenty fifteen ,  that GOD will take their names from the lambs  book and add to them the plagues written in that book.

We better be highly respectful and highly careful , we are not calling GOD A LIAR .    That is very dangerous . 

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Personally I believe the "torture," which is not found in any verse in the Word about those in the Lake of Fire will be mostly spiritual and of the soul, ...they will have an indestructible body like ours, so it won't burn up,  ...the "rich man" didn't burn up, ...he complained about the heat and his thirst, ...so where is the physical  "torture?"

We know they will be in outer darkness and if anyone that has ever taken a tour of a cave and they turn out the lights, ...within seconds people start to scream, ...also I'm sure they will be thinking about all of those lost opportunities Father presented to them to "receive" Christ by His children and they refused, ...if anyone has had a "bad" trip on drugs they know the terror of losing conscienceless of reality, ...so they could be in a perpetual state of "almost" becoming insane, ...most important I think is the state of mind that they have nothing "to do" that so occupied and fulfilled our time before the Holy Spirit came to live inside of us.

I believe that since they wanted to be alone, ...Father will give them the desires of their heart.

Lord bless   

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Yup---words are important and especially those words spoken by Jesus Himself. Do you agree.

Look at the many times that word for 'perish' is used. That word has meaning and the Holy Spirit chose to use it.

I only ask that you consider those verses and then ask the Lord, if what much of what christendom has taught for many years, may be false.

There are simply far more scriptures that deal with ultimate fate that mention a ceasing to exist/destruction, than those that seem to say the ultimate fate of the unredeemed are tortured for eternity.

Rightly dividing the word. I have only attempted to do this.

look loved one it is clear from the account of Lazarus that it is conscious continued torment … the issue is now between you and the Word of God. I have done my due diligence in showing you this reality within the Scriptures. The Scripture will not contradict Scripture:

Luke 16:24

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
KJV

and he in this torment will be brought unto this judgment

Rev 20:11-15

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

This is called the second death for they will be separated from the anything of God for the second and final time into everlasting flame with their chosen father the devil

John 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
KJV
                        15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

Rev 20:10

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
KJV

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Didn't the concept of eternal hellfire come mainly from the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus?

There are 2 major forms of hellfire mentioned in the Hebrew Gospels

Gehenna and Lake of Fire which the Hebrew Jews would have understood.

For example, the Rich Man is not in "Gehenna", but "Hades" [of which there is an interesting thread/topic on that parable/story]

Luke 16: 23 And in the hades lifting up his eyes existing in torments, he is seeing the Abraham from afar and Lazarus in the bosoms of him. 24 And he sounding said "Father Abraham! be thou merciful to-me! and send Lazarus! that he should be dipping the tip of the finger of him of water and should be cooling down the tongue of me, that I am being anguished in this Flame."

==================================

Jesus mentions "gehenna" in Matt 23:

Matthew 23:33 "Serpents! offspring<1081> of vipers! how? ye may be fleeing from the judging<2920> of the Gehenna<1067>

==========================================

The Lake of Fire is mentioned in Revelation:

Revelation 14:11 And the Smoke of the tormenting of Them is ascending into Ages to-Ages..........

Revelation 19:20
and is arrested<4084> Beast<2342>, and with it the False-Prophet, the one-doing the signs in view of it, in which he deceives the ones getting the mark of the beast, and the ones worshiping to the image of it.
Living were cast, the two, into the Lake of the Fire the one burning<2545> in sulphur <2303>

Revelation 20:
10 And the Devil, the one-deceiving<4105>  them, was cast into the Lake of the Fire and of sulfur<2303>, the where-are the beast and the false-prophet,
and they shall be being tormented<928> day and night into the ages of the ages.
14 And the Death<2288> and the Hades<86> were cast into the Lake of the Fire. This the second Death is being the Lake of the Fire .
15 And if anyone not was found in the Scroll/Book<976> of the Life having been written>, he was cast into the Lake of the Fire

Edited by George
Removed Video -- All videos need to be posted in the Videos section. You can post the video there -- then link to that video page within this post.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, BeauJangles said:

Scanned through it briefly, to see it was a complete counterfeit of the word of God. Totally opposite even in the way it's written. Poorly composed also.  

Yes.

If it was the "original", then it was written by Anton Lavey.

He founded the "church of satan".

I think he practiced most of his occult religion in California, as that is where his Church exists.

If you were ever a fan of a music group  named "The Eagles".   They were pretty popular in the '70s.  "country rock" band.

They released their best selling album......"Hotel California"... and if you open the album, you see the group standing in the foyer of this church, and on the balcony above them,  is Anton Lavey.

Edited by Behold