• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I used to always buy Hallmark cards but I wont now. Hallmark made a TV ad showing 2 women kissing and possibly being married. Some complaints came in so Hallmark removed their ad. But then the minority group known as the LBT community made a LOT of noise so Hallmark put their pro homosexual ad back on TV. We need to complain louder than them because most people are not homosexual. I will not buy a Hallmark card for a least 1 year. If we all do this Hallmark will notice it.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

These companies become more progressive not because they truly care about said issues, but because of outside pressure. A company is a business and business is money; they only want what will make them coin. They display such things, force them into the commercial, merely because they believe it to be the popular opinion and that it will win them customers. However, many companies fail to see that by putting out such a message, they also alienate potential customers and also get involved in the world of social issues, of which they have no business being in. A better strategy would be a simple commercial devoid of any political statements; use the cheap used car salesman voice, try to one-up yourself on how many times you say "lots and lots of good deals," tell a joke... These things appeal to a potential customer with minimal risk, as everyone likes a good deal and everyone likes to laugh. Yet time and time again, they never learn; can't tell if it's truly due to outside influence or if they truly are such silly goobers.

In any case, i'd simply let them make fools of themselves and just avoid buying their products. Like I said, a company is a business and business is money. The coin is the only thing they understand, so as long as they make money off of it, they will continue. Honestly surprised it was actually removed the first time.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

38 minutes ago, JTC said:

I used to always buy Hallmark cards but I wont now. Hallmark made a TV ad showing 2 women kissing and possibly being married. Some complaints came in so Hallmark removed their ad. But then the minority group known as the LBT community made a LOT of noise so Hallmark put their pro homosexual ad back on TV. We need to complain louder than them because most people are not homosexual. I will not buy a Hallmark card for a least 1 year. If we all do this Hallmark will notice it.  

I do not like Hallmark cards anymore. They have become very worldly. It is almost impossible to find a nice Christian card among Hallmark cards. Some of them are very inappropriate. But people in our world today think they are funny......go figure. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

My guess is that the gay groups started making noises about lawsuits. Being a business, hallmark didnt want to have to deal with that. As a secular business, that seems logical. They are not a Christian ministry after all. 

However I am vastly disappointed. My dollars, scant as they are these days, already went to dollar tree to buy cards (2 for a dollar and they are really nice). I will be avoiding anything hallmark now. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, JTC said:

a TV ad

I don't buy cards, haven't in decades now. Might then ban tv, pull the plug. I desperately want to do so, but my bride loves her Rays baseball on  cable tv.  The woman God gave me,  it is her fault ( :mellow: ).

So as plan B I need to learn to pray for those placing the ad's, the ad makers, and for all individuals caught up in their strong delusions that are seeking  that which is unnatural. I do live in the world. I need be in prayer for  not for those that are perfect and sinless, but for those in need of Jesus as Lord and savior, as well as for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

And still the overall majority of churches think these aint the last days .    Go back just a short time and even as evil as it was , it was naught like this today .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, JTC said:

Maybe try to get over it. We are told to be concerned with what’s going on in the church, not the world. I wonder if Catholics held back offerings for a year after the Grand Jury Report came out last year. We need to get our own house in order...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

With computers and printers you all can just make your own cards today. I myself hardly ever buy any cards anymore.  Unless someone is sick and need to know that I am thinking about them. But then most of the time I just message them on FB.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Son said:

Along with it is an attack on Christianity.

I don't know about that. I myself do not feel like Christianity is under any kind of attack. At less not here in the US. But yeah  in other countries. 

But the world is going to do what the world dose. Because it is the world. We can't see everything that go against our believe at an attack. Because that is just how the world is going to be.  

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Things are even worse ...

My husband the news junkie, just told me a news item about a new tv show on netflix in brazil. It is a "comedy" about a gay Jesus, bringing home his boyfriend. There is a large outcry against the show. No idea if that will do any good.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/17/netflix-show-portraying-jesus-as-gay-sparks-anger-in-brazil