• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I am curious. If you have kids and they go to a  public school, are they able to pray openly at any time they wish anywhere in the school (without disrupting classes)?

In my area they cannot. In fact, in my area, a child who had a notebook with a cross on it was told to leave it at home. That ended up going to the courts. People are not permitted to say merry Christmas in stores. Half, if not more, of the churches I pass have gay flags or rainbow icons showing that they are openly welcoming gay lifestyle. These are churches that once were sound.

Raleigh, NC is very "pride" happy and my kids have been told not to say "God" even though it is against their freedom of speech rights, but at the same time it "offenses/insults" other kids so the school system can not be fought on it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

People are not permitted to say merry Christmas in stores.

I'm calling you on this one. I worked in retail and have never ever been told not to say merry Christmas. 

I am curious. If you have kids and they go to a  public school, are they able to pray openly at any time they wish anywhere in the school (without disrupting classes)?

Yes they are! In fact when my daughter was in elementary school, she come home with a note from the school asking if she could join a Bible study at a church across the street from the school at lunch time. 

Half, if not more, of the churches I pass have gay flags or rainbow 

Sounds like a church issue. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm calling you on this one. I worked in retail and have never ever been told not to say merry Christmas. 

Yes they are! In fact when my daughter was in elementary school, she come home with a note from the school asking if she could join a Bible study at a church across the street from the school at lunch time. 

Sounds like a church issue. 

When did you last work in retail? My husband makes a point out of saying merry Christmas. Many employees of various companies have told him happy holidays in return and added they are not permitted to say otherwise.

How long ago was she in elementary school? 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

When did you last work in retail? My husband makes a point out of saying merry Christmas. Many employees of various companies have told him happy holidays in return and added they are not permitted to say otherwise.

How long ago was she in elementary school? 

Im tired of arguing with people. Believe what you want.

35 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Im tired of arguing with people. Believe what you want.

Im sorry you saw it as arguing. I was curious when you last worked retail. Things in my area changed drastically. I was merely engaging in a conversation. But since it upset you, I will refrain from addressing you in the future.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

When talking about what's acceptable in schools or the workplace, people in different areas can be having very different experiences, so what's true for 1 of us may be false for someone else. And no one is exaggerating. 

• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, JTC said:

People who are into letter writing should send Hallmark written complaints so they know what's happening, but the rest of us need to not buy anything made by Hallmark. If we do this for even 1 whole year it will send Hallmark a notice they can't totally ignore. But we all have to do it.

Are you suggesting a possible internet petition? Things such as these don't necessarily get the results that are sought, but they do make a valid point if well drafted. It would have to be really good to have an effect. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

21 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Are you suggesting a possible internet petition? Things such as these don't necessarily get the results that are sought, but they do make a valid point if well drafted. It would have to be really good to have an effect. 

One of the things I wonder about, is these companies being crafty enough to intentionally create controversy to get various groups to raise a ruckus, thereby getting free coverage on social media, news coverage, and even Christian forums. In such cases, even bad publicity might be good publicity. It is possible, for example, that few in the LBGQ community saw the ad or cared enough about it to run out and buy a Halmark card, no matter what the theme might have been. Now that Christians react, they likely will, just as a show of support and power, and to annoy those who "persecute" them.

Think about this as similar to what President Trump does, when he makes some dumb Tweet. I costs him nothing, and suddenly he become the topic in the news cycle, and his enemies trample over themselves to react, and make Trump the center of attention! I bet he takes great pleasure in trolling them this way.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

One of the things I wonder about, is these companies being crafty enough to intentionally create controversy to get various groups to raise a ruckus, thereby getting free coverage on social media, news coverage

Of course. They pay millions to ad agencies and publicists. There’s a lot that goes into making an ad. My mom and brother worked in advertising for two decades. 

And sadly, I’m not sure anyone is listening to the Christian community right now after Trump thanked evangelicals for getting him elected, and The Pennsylvania Grand Jury released its report on bishops covering up the sexual crimes of priests.

Where was the Christian outrage about those two things? But here we are upset about what 1% of the population is doing.

Edited by ReneeIW

4 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Of course. They pay millions to ad agencies and publicists. There’s a lot that goes into making an ad. My mom and brother worked in advertising for two decades. 

And sadly, I’m not sure anyone is listening to the Christian community right now after Trump thanked evangelicals for getting him elected, and The Pennsylvania Grand Jury released its report on bishops covering up the sexual crimes of priests.

Where was the Christian outrage about those two things? But here we are upset about what 1% of the population is doing.

Why should Christians be upset by trump thanking them?

I hadnt heard about the pennsylvania thing but Ive been quite upset over such things here in my state. One bishop not only covered up sexual crimes but hit and killed a woman while drunk, drove away and tried to hide his crime. I was very vocal about that. 

Dont assume Christians are not upset over other things too. But bishops are not pushing for acceptance of sexual crimes. The gays are demanding we accept their lifestyle. Big difference.