The Day Of The Lord?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Does the ‘day of the lord’ in the bible refer to one day in particular (if so when?), or does it refer to various days throughout the timeline of the bible?

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Here is a good treatise on the subject:
https://www.gotquestions.org/day-of-the-Lord.html 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, Open7 said:

Does the ‘day of the lord’ in the bible refer to one day in particular (if so when?), or does it refer to various days throughout the timeline of the bible?

Thanks

Experience suggests to me that the Lord lets people do what they will do, and then at some point he will react. You might call it a judgment. People talk about a final judgment, but I think the Lord passes judgment at various times. He allowed Nazi Germany to rise, and then he came down hard on them, for example.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks

The Day of the Lord" is a biblical term and theme used in both the Hebrew Bible (יֹום יְהוָה) and the New Testament (ἡμέρα κυρίου), as in "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come" (Joel 2:31, cited in Acts 2:20).

I personally agree with this, that it is the day in which the Lord Jesus will return to earth. However no one can give a date to this, so I can't answer when.

God bless you ?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 12/21/2019 at 12:47 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

Hi Open7,

We get a good description of the Day of the Lord, and when it occurs, from Zephaniah:

Be silent before the Lord  GodFor the day of the Lord is nearFor the Lord has prepared a sacrifice, He has consecrated His guests. Then it will come about on the day of the Lord’s sacrifice that I will punish the princes, the king’s sons and all who clothe themselves with foreign garments.  “And I will punish on that day all who leap on the temple threshold, Who fill the house of their lord with violence and deceit (Zeph. 1:7-9)

This is a great passage that gives us a pretty good hint about the timing of the Day of the Lord. Notice  there will be "silence" that precedes the Day of the Lord. This passage is referenced in Revelation and the opening of the 7th seal:

When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.  And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. (Rev. 8; 1-2)

Is this the "silence" referred to by Zephaniah; the silence before God, at the breaking of the 7th seal? I would say, most assuredly, yes. 

Also notice God has "consecrated His guests". Are these the Guests at the Wedding of the Lamb? Indeed they are!! They are resurrected and raptured saints who Jesus gathers at the breaking of the seventh seal!!! 

Psalm 65 also pictures this same event: 

There will be silence before You, and praise in Zion, O God, and to You the vow will be performed.  O You who hear prayer, to You all men come. Iniquities prevail against me; as for our transgressions, You forgive them. How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You to dwell in Your courts. (Psalm 65:1-4)

We see two things happening here. Silence in heaven and praise on the earth (in Zion). Praise is breaking out on the earth in anticipation of Jesus's return. 

So both this psalm and Zephaniah confirm that the "Day of the Lord" occurs at the seventh seal. It involves the Resurrection and Rapture first, and then the pouring out of God's Wrath all on one day.

How long does the wrath of God last? Isaiah tell us in Isa 34:8.....Isa 61:2....Isa 63:4.

"For the Lord has a day of vengeance, A year of recompense for the sake of Zion"

"To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord, and the Day of vengeance of our God"

"For the day of vengeance was in My heart, and My year of redemption has come"

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/21/2019 at 2:47 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

The day of the Lord is, as I understand it, a special day the Lord acts.

Limiting it to one and only one day is what makes the prophecies so

confusing. IMHO

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thanks so much for the great answers this really help a lot

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

the day of the Lord is a day of wrath and destruction unlike any other day and it is when God punishes the earth

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 12/21/2019 at 3:47 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

The Day of the Lord is a day of judgment, Rapture and more--Jesus returns to take the church away before He pours upon the Earth mighty and fearful bowl judgments, as in Revelation.

The Jewish people are led to mourn intensely, as they realize the One they've rejected is Messiah, God and King, and that they've made a dreadful covenant with the Antichrist.

• Praise God! 1

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/21/2019 at 8:47 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

I think the day of the lord is typically meant to be sabbath day, which is actually heard to be Saturday. There is a day of the lord in terms of Jesus's return too.