• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

My apologies where do I delete all these same responses my internet was on and off so I sent it by accident 3 times sorry.good night and hope you all had a blessed Christmas .

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

As we read in Matthew 5:48, God’s children are called to be perfect. This does not mean that humans can obtain the same holy perfection as God, for He alone is set apart in holiness (Isaiah 6:3Psalm 99:9Exodus 15:11). The call to be perfect is what the apostle Paul meant when he said, “Be imitators of God, as beloved children” (Ephesians 5:1, ESV). As children tend to imitate their parents, God’s children ought to imitate their Lord and reflect His perfection in the way they live.

The idea of spiritual maturity relates closely to the word perfection in the Bible. Humans are not perfect, but followers of Christ are encouraged to seek perfection: “And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing” (James 1:4, ESV). Paul said that he had not yet obtained perfection but had made it his goal: “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me” (Philippians 3:12, NLT). Paul knew that perfection for believers would only be realized in the life to come (verses 13–21).

https://www.gotquestions.org/perfection-in-the-Bible.html

Jesus said, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." He didn’t say, “This does not mean that humans can obtain the same holy perfection as God.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:11 AM, johnthebaptist said:

Perhaps there are two kinds of people in the world. The first would be those who are trying to obey the Lord's commandments. Hopefully everybody here is in this category. 

And the other group is those who develop the skill of “sucking up” to the “right people.” These are the troublemakers.  

For those of you who would argue that we don’t have to obey the Lord’s commandments, remember what Jesus said: “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15 RSV

Hi johnthebaptist,

Actually the Lord has 3 groups -

`Give no offense either to the Jews, or to the Greeks (nations/Gentiles) or to the Church of God.` (1 Cor. 10: 32)

The Church, the Body of Christ - true believers and not the false, (wolves, Acts 20: 29)

Israel - those who follow God & not those who don`t.

Nations -  those out of the trib, `sheep` who looked after the Jews, and not the `goats` those who didn`t.

`All the nations  will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.....` (Matt. 25: 32)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi johnthebaptist,

Actually the Lord has 3 groups -

`Give no offense either to the Jews, or to the Greeks (nations/Gentiles) or to the Church of God.` (1 Cor. 10: 32)

The Church, the Body of Christ - true believers and not the false, (wolves, Acts 20: 29)

Israel - those who follow God & not those who don`t.

Nations -  those out of the trib, `sheep` who looked after the Jews, and not the `goats` those who didn`t.

`All the nations  will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.....` (Matt. 25: 32)

Marilyn.

Marilyn, you need to watch out for the people who put self-aggrandizement above their service to the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Christdiedforoursins said:

My apologies where do I delete all these same responses my internet was on and off so I sent it by accident 3 times sorry.good night and hope you all had a blessed Christmas .

it happens to us all; don't worry about it we understand.   I don't know how long you have to be here to delete posts, but it's one of the things at the bottom left where you edit things.   It's in the options selection for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, other one said:

it happens to us all; don't worry about it we understand.   I don't know how long you have to be here to delete posts, but it's one of the things at the bottom left where you edit things.   It's in the options selection for me.

Thank you .

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

As we read in Matthew 5:48, God’s children are called to be perfect. This does not mean that humans can obtain the same holy perfection as God, for He alone is set apart in holiness (Isaiah 6:3Psalm 99:9Exodus 15:11). The call to be perfect is what the apostle Paul meant when he said, “Be imitators of God, as beloved children” (Ephesians 5:1, ESV). As children tend to imitate their parents, God’s children ought to imitate their Lord and reflect His perfection in the way they live.

The idea of spiritual maturity relates closely to the word perfection in the Bible. Humans are not perfect, but followers of Christ are encouraged to seek perfection: “And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing” (James 1:4, ESV). Paul said that he had not yet obtained perfection but had made it his goal: “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me” (Philippians 3:12, NLT). Paul knew that perfection for believers would only be realized in the life to come (verses 13–21).

https://www.gotquestions.org/perfection-in-the-Bible.html

Hebrews says for by one offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. From reading the scriptures the idea seems to be both a present and future reality. Like saying "you died with Christ" I wasn't born yet so how could I have died with him ?  subjects of faith are about receiving those things that might not presently be seen and about  our belief of having received them .we would not be commanded something we could not do.Our perfection is found in Christ and our faith in him. its not in us  we died and Christ lives in us ,we are one with him .his blood has cleansed us from all unrighteousness.even if we do sin here Jesus is our advocate because of what he has done for us we are made perfect.It has nothing to do with us .I don't think isolating verses or pulling them out of the scriptures is good. its better for us to read the whole books all of them then we will have a right understanding of what Scripture say who was speaking to who etc .this is often what people do who try to show contradiction in the bible .it would be like cutting up different newspaper articles and putting them together and hoping to get the whole story.Thank you for you post .I know the article is from a website and not your wrighting .I don't agree with this website.

Edited by Christdiedforoursins
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, other one said:

It is much more difficult and probably impossible to be a real Christian without having the Holy Spirit guiding you....   that's what's meant by living in the Spirit.

“ Probably” impossible to be a real Christian without the Holy Spirit ?

One who  lacks the Holy Spirit living within them—- “ They are NONE of His”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

"To create in him one new man".scripture comes to mind maybe  the topic is wrong !!! Maybe its not about two groups of people and which one we are . as my brother  blood brought brought to mind were either in Christ or were none of his 

Edited by Christdiedforoursins
Typing error
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus said, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." He didn’t say, “This does not mean that humans can obtain the same holy perfection as God.”

In reality, I am the TRUE “ chief of sinners”,yet, because of my FAITH in the Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4, God has IMPUTED the Perfection Of His Son to my account.He got my sins- I got His Perfection.Don't be a fool and reject the best deal in the Universe. Amazing Grace....Amazing Love.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1