• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Sower said:

But then you still kind of wonder why you weren't included."

Yeah kind of like that. But I guess it is not really a big deal or anything and I'm not mad or anything.  I may find out more on Sunday about it. Maybe the people just showed up at his house on their own? It could just be a misunderstanding. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not really mad at anyone about it. I do wish I could have join in with them though. They all seemed so happy. And I didn't say anything about it on FB. But some other people did about not knowing it was going on and not being invited. I would never knowingly  do or say anything to make people feel bad. I just wish I could have join in with the fun they were having. But then I am an introvert, and would most likely spent the evening talking to their dog. :)?

I think the next Major Holiday coming up on the Calendar is “ Ground Hog’s Day”.......Why not throw a big party and conveniently leave out “ you- Know-Who ?” Make it a point to put it on Facebook......just an idea....

• Haha 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not really mad at anyone about it. I do wish I could have join in with them though. They all seemed so happy. And I didn't say anything about it on FB. But some other people did about not knowing it was going on and not being invited. I would never knowingly  do or say anything to make people feel bad. I just wish I could have join in with the fun they were having. But then I am an introvert, and would most likely spent the evening talking to their dog. :)?

So would I, Kay.  Our pastor is and introvert, too.  His wife is the extrovert, bubbly and fun.  Perhaps the best thing to do is to rejoice with them in your heart that they are enjoying each others company.  We are told to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep.  So just be happy for them.  Ask God to bless them.  A merry heart is good like a medicine.  I don't give out advice that I haven't had to struggle to practice.  

Php 4:7  AMP  And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8  For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Just asking here. If your pastor and his wife hosted a New Years Eve gathering/get together at his house and then posted the photos to his facebook page of all the fun they had and you were not invited. Would you feel left out? Some people said somethings and the reply that was given was that they weren't leaving anyone out and told us to come next year. But it seems only the people who where there know about it. So.....it dose seem like some people were being left out. Well how do you all feel about this? I'm not really sure how I feel. I mean he can't invite the whole church to come to his house. But then you still kind of wonder why you weren't included. Well...thoughts?? 

One of the problems I had with attending a Church was the cliques. If they posted the pictures on facebook and you were not there then.....yes, you were left out. Why would they say that you were not? Why were some invited and some were not? That is the question I would want answered. That is true he probably did not have a big enough house for everyone but does your Church have a large gathering place? If he could not invite everyone then he should not have invited anyone at all. 

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Just asking here. If your pastor and his wife hosted a New Years Eve gathering/get together at his house and then posted the photos to his facebook page of all the fun they had and you were not invited. Would you feel left out? Some people said somethings and the reply that was given was that they weren't leaving anyone out and told us to come next year. But it seems only the people who where there know about it. So.....it dose seem like some people were being left out. Well how do you all feel about this? I'm not really sure how I feel. I mean he can't invite the whole church to come to his house. But then you still kind of wonder why you weren't included. Well...thoughts?? 

As others have said, it really depends. If it was a private party for just his personal friends and not for the church body, then no, you weren’t left out (unless you’re a close friend of his); but the photos probably shouldn’t be posted to the church fb page and just to his personal profile. If it was part of the church, friends and church attendees alike, then I think I’d feel a little left out. I’m odd though, I don’t like big groups of people (like small gatherings much better), so at the same time I was feeling left out I’d be reminding myself that I wouldn’t have gone anyway lol

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

IMO, if there was to be a gathering together and everyone was invited, I personally would have held it at the church, not at his house, limited space, there would be room for everyone to join in, just saying, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,758
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

You are feeling down as so many are at this time of year  but sorry you were NOT left out and if you needed company you could have invited others who may also have been feeling alone  so pull those big girls panties up and rejoice that some like crowds ands others ( myself included ) like to be more in the background xxxxx:emot-hug:

Oh and ignore BB he is feeling sad cos his best buddy  has left him ( even more sad that his best buddy was a rodent :emot-fail: )

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

But then I am an introvert, and would most likely spent the evening talking to their dog. :)?

Great one! Me too. I could share such stories of even when invited, it is like oh here is the kids table over here please don't spill your milk. LOL

I worked for a pastor and eleven other elders, twelve deacons, twelve deaconess. Think I didn't feel slighted often, ha. But praise God for them all. They work mightily sharing as best they can, so very often to deep personal sacrifice and real trauma, all for our Lord and savior Jesus as they try  to do all that they do  for the glory of God alone.

There is  choice to be made. If you were to invite people yourself where would you end your own list?

As to facebook I don't think facebook serves well anyway. But it is here. Most everyone I  suspect can be ( and is ) affronted by what is posted on it no matter the subject or occasion. I refuse so far to sign up. And I miss some of what church(es) puts on their face book entries. Oh well,  the price I  pay is the price I pay. I will not  so far cave into being a member on facebook.

May God lift your spirit high today.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I may find out more on Sunday about it.

Oh please don't do that. Don't ask don't seek. Just pray one for another. If you find being an introvert is hampering what you may desire in the way of social company then this Sunday pray and seek out some service to our Lord opportunity that you  will take, make your own leap in faith by joining it.

That is my  thought, and is btw what I had to do  for my own encouragement.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1968

I don't ring in the new year with anyone anymore as I find its more a Holiday with people that want to drink and well I have had some problems with drinking like too much at times. I rather sleep. So I don't feel left out as I know my meds will put me right to sleep. I wish people would realize we ring in the new year no matter where we are. Happy new year by the way.

Edited by miaandme
trying to take out the quote part unable to do so