IGNORED

Does any have less respect for Jay Sekulow and etc now for being a mouthpiece for Trump

Amigo42

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

While I do not vote for a president to be a pastor or a Pope.  I do want a president to be an honest, and trustworthy. Who puts the needs of the people and the country above their own.

. . . and maybe some day, a person like that will be nominated to run for office by a major party, when that happens, I will likely vote for him/her. I am not going to hold my breath though!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

No more than an attorney representing someone on Death Row.

Jesus said no one is good but God. While I did not vote for Trump, but rather a nameless, Christian candidate written on the ballot---there are few politicians with exemplary morals, and even if they had them, does not mean I must agree with their policies. The Christian however, has a very narrow view of what the world desires, and Jesus said, "As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." If a Christian were ever elected, he would have to compromise his godly values to some degree in order to satisfy the world's demands. The Christian   candidate I voted for never had a chance. The world would not accept him, and that's my point.

• This is Worthy 1

22 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Jesus said no one is good but God. While I did not vote for Trump, but rather a nameless, Christian candidate written on the ballot---there are few politicians with exemplary morals, and even if they had them, does not mean I must agree with their policies.

There was a time, where in the Republican debates, there was a man, Alan Keyes, who was Christian without reservation. During one of the questions, he was asked:

"What historical figure has influenced or inspired you the most?" or words to the effect. Keyes responded, "My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!"

The response was met with wild applause from the audience! It was awesome, and unexpected! The same question was posed to the other candidates, many or most of whom tried to respond with "Jesus", but they were clumsy at it and unconvincing. Keyes was eloquent, and well thought out, in his replies to most all of the questions.

After the debate, the polls showed that the public view Keyes performance as so compelling and honest, and principles, that he had won the debate hands down, no close second. In spite of that, I guess he was too good, as the Republicans did not nominate him as their candidate. It might not have have helped him (with the party, that he was President of Citizens Against Government Waste from 1989 to 1991. He would not have been part of the swamp, and that tends to be a disqualifier among the elite in power in the parties.

Bottom line is that in my opinion, that when you get a good potential candidate (Keyes and Carson some to mind), they will not be chosen and a presidential candidate in a major party, and it seems that the other parties are not able to get enough votes to elect a president. I acknowledge that God could intervene and have the people elect a president with even a write in vote, even if that person were an unknown. However, miraculous intervention do not seem to be His way, I think He is operating on the principle of "you made your bed America, now you can sleep in it". Having said that, I believe that God sets up leaders as He sees fit.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

And......Trump has not given evidence to prove his innocence. He withheld documents, and block witnesses from testifying.

Wait a minute - Trump having to prove his innocence ??  I though in the united States a person was ASSUMED to be innocent until proven guilty.  The bureden of proof is on the Democrats - not President Trump!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Omegaman 3.0 -

I'm really enjoying your posts; but there's no emoticons below your posts to indicate my "likes".

Edited by JoeMo
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I don't get the argument. Abortion is still legal. Even with Trump in office. We have had several Republican presidents. Yet this whole time abortion is still legal.  Do you think that abortions just stop because a Republican is president? Many of the Republicans fight against the very things that force people into considering abortion. Such as their cuts to food stamp programs. medical programs, and other  assistance programs for low income people. 

As it happens, just a month ago, republicans finally put forth a request to the supreme court to revisit the ruling on roe v wade. So it appears that perhaps it could get overturned. They have not done so under any other president.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

48 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Omegaman 3.0 -

I'm really enjoying your posts; but there's no emoticons below your posts to indicate my "likes".

OKAY, thanks for that JoeMo!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Wait a minute - Trump having to prove his innocence ??  I though in the united States a person was ASSUMED to be innocent until proven guilty.  The bureden of proof is on the Democrats - not President Trump!

It's not criminal trial.

• Praying! 1

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It's not criminal trial.

Of course not, if they can actually accuse him of a crime, then it could lead to one. A criminal trial would be better for Trump, because then they would actually have to submit evidence, here, no such rule is in play. Here, innuendo, hearsay, accusation, suspicion is what they present.

I was just making the point, that innocence is hard to prove, perhaps impossible, and because the is the case, a presumption if innocence should be the standard because it is based in sound thinking. That of course assumes one want justice and truth to me established, rather than just damaging a reputation to the largest degree possible, hoping that it will hurt Trump's chances for re-election.

By the way, have you watched these hearings? Boring, and least the part of it I watched today was (about an hours' worth). If this is the kind of thing they have to offer, then they are giving the Trump campaign more ammunition exposing their political agenda and the lengths the are willing to go to (as they have over the last three years).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

On 1/22/2020 at 3:22 AM, Amigo42 said:

Does any have less respect or a lesser view of people like Jay Sekulow, Sarah Sanders, etc. for how they appear to be a mouthpiece for Trump?  I know that Sekulow loves the Lord and has done a lot for Him, and I believe the same about Sanders.  However, both of them have unknowingly or used plausible deniability to essentially lie for Trump or at least repeat his lies.  How can a Christian be a mouthpiece for a proven liar and moral degenerate such as Trump?  I know Sarah Sander had to have known she lied multiple times.  At the least she repeated lies that I'm sure she knew full well they were.  Maybe she reasoned in herself that it's Trump who is lying and not her.  

how can you be sure Sarah Sanders is a Christian.

is not one way of telling if someone is a Christian is by their fruit?

• Thumbs Up 1