• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

10 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

faith is only the first step as Satan and the fallen angels believe but are not saved .. why? .. simple .. THEY WILL NOT OBEY GOD'S WILL

well, just a note. Satan and the demons do not have faith, they have knowledge. Faith I also mentioned I think, is trusting God:

So, here were have what Paul noted, that believing God and trusting Him, is the sort of faith that credits you with righteousness,

The demons are monotheists, and they know God tells the truth, no faith there at all!

You believe that God is one. You are doing well! Even the demons believe that, and shudder! James 2:19

Faith (trusting and believing God) without needing evidence that produces certainty, is counted as being righteous, and it is the righteous who are saved. From that righteous, from the new nature that God gives, obedience flows.

Those who expect that their obedience is part of salvation, are trying to (not with any intention) rob God of the glory, and praise, and thankfulness, that belongs to Him alone. Jesue paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow. That song speaks of the testimony of the word of God, which also describes what we do when we try to be holy:

For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment Isaiah 64:6

God loves our obedience and commands it, but it cannot save. We cannot deliver it to His standard! Praise Him that we do not have to, and that makes me all the more wanting to obey Him.

If one wants treasure in Heaven, obey. If one wants to make it to Heaven, trust - believe God who declares that is by grace that we are saved, and not by works.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

The thread has become as I suspected it would, another battle ground for faith vs works, and not addresing the OP or the question he posed, so, it has run it's course.

Locked to further input.

• Praise God! 1