Kristin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

My question is are Christians ordered to not be political?  Does policy affect Christianity?  Where is the line?  I know we trust God, but a quick look at society today is alarming. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,836
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Of course we are to be political and politically aware! 

The action of politics makes for heightened opportunity to be in prayer for whole nations of people. God answers prayer. The movement of people  by the politics that lead to great conflict also leads to the Holy Spirit  turning about thousands at a time as individuals, and sometimes by one mighty prayer warrior alone starting God's mercy upon a nation in answer to those prayers.

We are to pray for our enemies! If we do not know politics how do we know of enemies ot  be in prayer over? One individual alone prayers to God for it to be so.

I just became aware of the selection of news by this ministry  pertains to areas of conflicts  wars and rumors of wars where  each of us may be lead by the Holy Spirit into prayer for the people of those places and especially for  our enemies.  I had not realized that is a daily task for the ministry. I have been aware that conflict causes dispersion of the saints and spreads the word of God  far and wide. But has not been so aware as to pray for the oppessors that God may be moved to turn them about to their salvation. I have this day spent time in News and the Worthy News Bot to take in these worthy news items and to make the salvation of the  people involved part of my prayer time.

Nations cultures and societies are always alarming if one worries about them instead of seeing what is happening as the fulfilment of God's word.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

I think you get involved in whatever the Spirit prompts you to get involved in. Don’t let anyone tell you that you have to get involved, I disagree with that. Follow your conscious and get involved if someone will be blessed by your involvement.

I’ve gotten involved in local politics when I believed injustices were taking  place.I think focusing on local matters is a good thing for Christians because you can make your good decisions and good works seen before men.

14“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  15Nor do theylight a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works andglorify your Father in heaven.

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Yes.  A one-world political system is already being prepared.  Time to armor up and stand against all the deception that’ll be going on.  

But in that is hope that is certain and opportunity to share of our Lord in encouragement to  each other and to the world.

6 minutes ago, DDisconnect said:

Near as I know, scripture doesn't really state whether one should or should not be political.

Lets address that one as a separate thread! might be fun and enlightening, least to me it might be.  

I had a long wonderful evening and  an exceptional meaningful day of prayer and study that just flowed from that. So I am way too tired to gather Bible referencs for realy good discussion  to see if they do encourage me to participate and take notice and pray or not.  ( I am sure they do) But I do not have that reference on the tip of my fingers, and my eyes, well they don't really want to co operate.  Think they are going on strike if I don't give them some time off.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

My question is are Christians ordered to not be political?  Does policy affect Christianity?  Where is the line?  I know we trust God, but a quick look at society today is alarming. 

All Christian men and women do need to be informed of issues concerning current events that affect how, who and what they place their political trust in. Of course this doesn't mean to place that trust outside of God's realm of things. You needn't be an activist, but it doesn't hurt to get involved, either. We just have to be aware of our own personal convictions and follow the Lord accordingly. Our vote does count, so we should vote with godly wisdom. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes. We are the salt of the earth and the light of the world!  It must bleed into our secular lives. We must not fear. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Sonshine said:

Time to close that iPad, brother.  Me too.:)

Agreed, I am just waiting for the Lightning hockey Game to start and sipping on a Smoothie King- Green Apple Kale and  Kiwi, getting all health"ie" I guess. I can feel the pounds melting off. Think I'll have two and double my loss.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

If we don't vote, the bad guys will rule over us. Look at what Barack Obama was going to do: Withhold funds from schools that wouldn't let boys, who wanted to be girls, shower with girls. We have to stand up for what's right. At the same time, we don't want our pastors leading their congregations astray, like many do in my church, claiming homosexuality is good thing.

It seems to me our political leaders are corrupt. Trump excluded. I’m very horrified at the swamp of our elected officials. I want justice. I’m in a position to insist upon it. Should I? 

• Thumbs Up 1