IGNORED

Will God Punish Barack Obama For Killing Osama bin Laden?

Nicol Bolas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Nicol Bolas said:

The reason I ask is because as we all know, 'Thou shalt not kill' is one of the Ten Commandments. I do understand just how horrendously brutal Osama bin Laden was, but does that excuse those who played a role in his death from punishment?

Will God punish David for killing Goliath?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Nicol Bolas said:

This commandment has always been a source of concern for me. I don't see 'Thou shalt not kill' leaving any room whatsoever for interpretation. It says 'Thou shalt not kill'. It doesn't say 'Thou shalt not kill unless the person is an *expletive*" I'm truly not trying to pick a fight. I'm just looking to learn and by doing so, hopefully get closer to God. Make Him proud of me. God said that "Vengeance is Mine". Wouldn't this mean that God is saying "Leave it to me. I'll deal with Osama bin Laden"? I have been told that some of my questions are ones that no human could possibly answer with any degree of certainty at all. Maybe this is one of them. lol

There is self defense. I believe “vengeance is mine” refers to individuals taking vengeance on others instead of going through the justice system, which God has set up to “punish evil doers” see Romans 13. 
I believe the US viewed Bin Laden as an enemy combatant. That means we were at war with Bin Laden, who had promised that more killings were coming. What do you think about his execution in that context?

There have been terrorists apprehended  in New York who were not killed when found, but  tried for their crimes. Some were sentenced to life in prison instead of the death penalty. So it seems to be a case by case situation. But again I need to go and check whether or not they tried to apprehend him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

How can God look down on us and not be disappointed with the way we are conducting ourselves. (I don't mean individually. I mean globally.)

13 hours ago, Nicol Bolas said:

The reason I ask is because as we all know, 'Thou shalt not kill' is one of the Ten Commandments. I do understand just how horrendously brutal Osama bin Laden was, but does that excuse those who played a role in his death from punishment?

Actually, the commandment is "Thou shall not murder." Big difference.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

Actually, the commandment is "Thou shall not murder." Big difference.

May I also add, in my opinion:

David was a warrior for God and 'killed' many people, murdered one un-righteously [Uriah]. Yet, I believe in part, David was a man after God's own heart because he was a fearless warrior for Him.

Acts 13:22 (KJV) And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Obama is a professing Christian that used to read his Bible during breaks while teaching at at the University of Chicago before he ever knew he would run for President. He believes Jesus Christ  is God. Ask Trump how many times he has read the Bible and if he believes Christ is God in the flesh. I’ve seen Trump looking around the room during prayer time.Im not saying he’s not a Christian, but his faith is more doubtful based on what he has said about faith combined with his fruit.

If you question Obama’s faith because of his name then you should question Trump’s because of his ongoing questionable actions.

I can't pronounce someone as "saved" or not because I do not have that authority.  Only God does.  All I can say is I either see fruit of salvation or I don't and even then - I may not be right.  So I don't argue other people's salvation.  Neither President Obama nor President Trump nor any other person.

However, I do know that President Obama was the most anti-Bible president that the United States has ever known.  Openly anti-Bible.

Here are examples from a site I read.  I knew some of them because it was in the news at the time.  I'll only cite here the ones I was aware of when it happened:

From https://wallbuilders.com/americas-biblically-hostile-u-s-president/

•  January 2013 – Pastor Louie Giglio is pressured to remove himself from praying at the inauguration after it is discovered he once preached a sermon supporting the Biblical definition of marriage.  [To disinvite Louie Giglio from praying for you is pretty bad.]
  •  October 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasion
  •  April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University, Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered when he is making his speech
  •  January 2013 – President Obama announced his opposition to a provision in the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act protecting the rights of conscience for military chaplains.
  •  February 2012 – The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion.  [And "religion" here means Christianity.  The students denied the forgiveness of student loans in exchange for work were all Christians performing faith-based social services.]

I never saw fruit of Christianity in President Obama.  I did see fruit of a man who does not believe the Bible.  I don't see fruit of Christianity in President Trump.  I hear him profess it, but I don't see it.

I may be dead wrong on both counts.  I hope I am.  But the fruit of ones life is very telling.  I prayed for President Obama countless times and still do when he comes to my mind.  Same with President Trump.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Obama is a professing Christian that used to read his Bible during breaks while teaching at at the University of Chicago before he ever knew he would run for President. He believes Jesus Christ  is God. Ask Trump how many times he has read the Bible and if he believes Christ is God in the flesh. I’ve seen Trump looking around the room during prayer time.Im not saying he’s not a Christian, but his faith is more doubtful based on what he has said about faith combined with his fruit.

If you question Obama’s faith because of his name then you should question Trump’s because of his ongoing questionable actions.

I read many of obamas own words. He believes in black liberation theology which is a false gospel. The church he attended for years, under the pastor jeremiah wright whom he considers his mentor and from whom he claimed to learn about Jesus, is a strong advocate for black liberation theology. If you read the book that church promotes on the teachings of that belief (black liberation theology by james cone), you will see that it is a false gospel. It does not look to Christ for forgiveness of sin and states that we can only be saved collectively as a group by identifying with the oppressed. It specifically states that for caucasians that is only done by giving up their money to people of color. Im not making that up, I read it from the source book and from jeremiah wrights and obamas writings. Not from any anti obama or political website. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I never actually questioned his faith, just said that he would stand trial-which he will. I would say his actions were far less Christian then Trump's current ones...but his salvation is between him and God.

And if your questioning Trump's based upon him "looking around during prayer times" what are you doing watching him during prayer times... shouldn't you also be praying? Just an observation.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

By the way,  prayer meeting at this site is Tuesday and Thursday 10PM Eastern time in prayer closet.  Danl, who leads prayer meeting usually comes an hour before to chat in upper room. 

Thanks for this information! Didn’t know there was a meeting. If it’s non-political I would love to ck evi it out.

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

I never actually questioned his faith, just said that he would stand trial-which he will. I would say his actions were far less Christian then Trump's current ones...but his salvation is between him and God.

And if your questioning Trump's based upon him "looking around during prayer times" what are you doing watching him during prayer times... shouldn't you also be praying? Just an observation.

I question Trump because:

1. He has never been faithful to any of his wives.

2. He brags about his daughter converting to Judaism.

3. Stormy Daniels 

4. Still Lying about Stormy Daniels

5. The Playboy Bunny

6. Still lying about the Playboy Bunny

7. The constant corrupt language coming out of his mouth.

8. He said on live TV that he has never asked God for forgiveness. 
9. I’ve never heard him say “Jesus is my Lord and Savior.”

10. He said his wife wouldn’t care if he died which speaks to how he has treated her

11. he appears to be a habitual liar 

12. Grab them by the...

13. Pretending to be racist to get votes. He dated a black woman for years. Cheated on Melania with a black woman and said a black woman was the love of his life. Doesn’t sound too racist to me, but he was willing to play the role to get votes 

14. multiple women have accused him of sexual assault and he has not apologized to anyone.

15. His spiritual adviser is questionable 

16. disrespecting people after they have died I.e. John McCain. 

17. Trump University

Christians are Christlike or they try to be.

He is disgusting and I have nothing else to say about him.

Edited by ReneeIW