IGNORED

Will God Punish Barack Obama For Killing Osama bin Laden?

Nicol Bolas

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The reason I ask is because as we all know, 'Thou shalt not kill' is one of the Ten Commandments. I do understand just how horrendously brutal Osama bin Laden was, but does that excuse those who played a role in his death from punishment?

Edited by Nicol Bolas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 minutes ago, Nicol Bolas said:

Thou shalt not kill

I don't know that as a commandment.

To kill is not the same as to murder.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

15 minutes ago, Nicol Bolas said:

The reason I ask is because as we all know, 'Thou shalt not kill' is one of the Ten Commandments. I do understand just how horrendously brutal Osama bin Laden was, but does that excuse those who played a role in his death from punishment?

Was it a kill mission? I don’t remember if the SEALS were ordered to kill him on sight or if Bin Laden refused to surrender.

In any case, the government has laws and I think a terrorist who kills thousands of people is probably subject to the death penalty. You seem to be asking whether  God punishes people for creating a rule of law with the goal of protecting people and pursuing justice, I don’t think so.

Also, Christians are not under the law but under grace. You reap what you sow in this life but Christ has taken the punishment we all deserved after this life is over.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, Nicol Bolas said:

God commanded the Hebrew people to kill many people groups - slaughter them.  That was not murder.

God told Abraham very early on in Genesis [15?] that the Hebrew people would become enslaved for 400  years before they were led to the Promised Land.

God explained that the sins of the Amorites were not yet full.

What does that mean?!?!?!?

It means that God gave those pagan people in the Promised Land 400 years + the time between Abraham and Joseph [coat of many colors] to repent.

God is very, very slow to anger and he is merciful.  But when the centuries were come that the sin of those people reached its pinnacle, God destroyed them - and used his people to do it.

Again, that was not murder.  If it was God's will that Osama bin Laden were to die, then he would direct whomever he chose to do it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

“ Saul has killed his thousands..... David has killed his TENS of thousands.....” All at the behest of the One who supposedly said, “ Thou shall not kill”........Zola Levitt taught that it was a bad translation of the Hebrew.

“ Thou shalt do no murder”, is the better Translation......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Obama will stand trial for his many sins. Him actually doing his job and removing a terrorist, will not be one of them.

The text better reads thou shalt not murder. There is a difference between murder and killing. If there was not, then the entire Bible is a lie. The law specifies when killing is appropriate. In fact many of the OT leaders-And Jesus bloodline-were men of violence who killed. 

Look at King David for instance...on the one hand he is praised for killing Goliath and thousands of Philistines in defense of Israel. God never condemned David for that. He did however punish him for murdering Bathshebas husband. 

A leader of a country often has to order men into battle-and to eliminate threats to it. That's not in and of itself a sin, unless your unjustly killing the innocent. Laden destroying the twin towers? Unwonton murder of innocent lives. Obama taking Laden out? That's protecting national security and doing his job.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Obama will stand trial for his many sins

Obama is a professing Christian that used to read his Bible during breaks while teaching at at the University of Chicago before he ever knew he would run for President. He believes Jesus Christ  is God. Ask Trump how many times he has read the Bible and if he believes Christ is God in the flesh. I’ve seen Trump looking around the room during prayer time.Im not saying he’s not a Christian, but his faith is more doubtful based on what he has said about faith combined with his fruit.

If you question Obama’s faith because of his name then you should question Trump’s because of his ongoing questionable actions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, Nicol Bolas said:

I don't think killing in self-defense is a sin. Some people translate "Thou shalt not kill" as "Thou shalt not murder." God did lead the Israelites into battle, didn't he?

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

Obama is a professing Christian that used to read his Bible during breaks while teaching at at the University of Chicago before he ever knew he would run for President. He believes Jesus Christ  is God. Ask Trump how many times he has read the Bible and if he believes Christ is God in the flesh. I’ve seen Trump looking around the room during prayer time.Im not saying he’s not a Christian, but his faith is more doubtful based on what he has said about faith combined with his fruit.

If you question Obama’s faith because of his name then you should question Trump’s because of his ongoing questionable actions.

This commandment has always been a source of concern for me. I don't see 'Thou shalt not kill' leaving any room whatsoever for interpretation. It says 'Thou shalt not kill'. It doesn't say 'Thou shalt not kill unless the person is an *expletive*" I'm truly not trying to pick a fight. I'm just looking to learn and by doing so, hopefully get closer to God. Make Him proud of me. God said that "Vengeance is Mine". Wouldn't this mean that God is saying "Leave it to me. I'll deal with Osama bin Laden"? I have been told that some of my questions are ones that no human could possibly answer with any degree of certainty at all. Maybe this is one of them. lol

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

This commandment has always been a source of concern for me. I don't see 'Thou shalt not kill' leaving any room whatsoever for interpretation. It says 'Thou shalt not kill'. It doesn't say 'Thou shalt not kill unless the person is an *expletive*" I'm truly not trying to pick a fight. I'm just looking to learn and by doing so, hopefully get closer to God. Make Him proud of me. God said that "Vengeance is Mine". Wouldn't this mean that God is saying "Leave it to me. I'll deal with Osama bin Laden"? I have been told that some of my questions are ones that no human could possibly answer with any degree of certainty at all. Maybe this is one of them. lol